Stuck for runner

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
king_mob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stuck for runner

Postby king_mob » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Im in a bit of a funk trying to find a runner archetype thats competitve without restorting to DLR cheese. What are peoples thoughts?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Nemamiah

Re: Stuck for runner

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Depends what you mean by 'competitive'. If a major tournament was tomorrow I wouldn't consider anything except a variety of DLR or Kate.

If you just want something that can win then Noise, Adam, Hayley, Leela (without Cerberus's superpowers), Andy, aggro Anarch and Geist all have decent decks, to one degree or another.
Will dance for Laurie Points
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:17 pm

I don't really buy the the tier thing. There's pretty much always one or two decks that are clearly the best, but the list of things that are playable right now is fairly extensive. It really depends what you want to achieve; I'd happily go to a GNK with another runner, but if Regionals or above was rolling round...
Will dance for Laurie Points
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Two lists jumped out at me from worlds as being interesting and worth trying - the obvious one is the book of kate, which looks like an interesting variant on normal prepaid and definitely worth a few games, and the other was Apocalypse Now/Fury Road. I'd been playing apocalypse maxX at the Southampton charity event while worlds was going on but that version looks way more refined than what I had. Very fun to play at times, landing apocalypse is always awesome, but also maddening in the way only eater decks can be. Definitely strong enough to run at a tournament, but maybe not the best choice while everyone is running 3x Turing foodcoats lists.

(no links because phone posting is fiddly enough anyway. They're both on nrdb)

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”