mendax

Re: Edinburgh InterCity Tourney :: Official Banter

Postby mendax » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am

Yeah, in the UK you may well be right.
Pete

Swagger

Postby Pete » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Transcendant. Poetic. Lush.

These are just some of the words that other metas have used to describe the playstyle of The ReadOx Grid.

Now, behold the playstyle made manifest in a custom playmat!

Printed on 400-thread Tunisian cotton with a vulcanized rubber backing, these custom ReadOx Grid playmats use ebony ink culled from the dark souls of fallen Gridders and red ink refined from the blood of black roosters sacrificed atop Boars Hill three nights ago.

What bling and swagger can other metas show?

I'm still trying to convince my other homies to wear these sweet masks to the tourney. Seeing a dude in a rubber pig mask sit down across from you has got to be unnerving... and you folk have seen me play, I need every edge I can get. That and I love the feel of latex on my bare skin, it really gets me going.

Peon wrote:Pete, has anyone ever told you that you talk a lot of shite?

Only every damn day. One of these days I will care... but in the words of Syrio Forel, "not today!" :lol:
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:16 pm

We're only on the reserves list, but here's an obscured Team Chimera mat with bonus sexy person in the background. Not sure who the lady is.

unitled

Postby unitled » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't want to dis the Readox mat, but that Team Chimera one is sexy AF (and obviously my spiritual home, it's where I first played NR!).
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:37 pm

unitled wrote:I don't want to dis the Readox mat, but that Team Chimera one is sexy AF (and obviously my spiritual home, it's where I first played NR!).

Our design is currently incomplete - it requires the tears of our opponents to truly come to life.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:53 pm

evilgaz wrote:We're only on the reserves list.

:cry: Aw, I assumed you Sherwood lads would be nailed on for a spot. I was hoping for a David versus Goliath face-off opening with the words... "You are weak."

In a nice way I hope a team drops out so that this clash of the titans has a chance of happening #bucketlist

evilgaz wrote:[Here's] an obscured Team Chimera mat with bonus sexy person in the background. Not sure who the lady is.

That mat is pretty sweet. :D

GuyCliquil wrote:Our design is currently incomplete - it requires the tears of our opponents to truly come to life.

:lol: Well said Guy!

::whispers:: Do you know what happens if the tears that salt the playmat come from us? :? :P

I did my best to lower Joey's expectations this last weekend but I reckon Joey still fancies our chances. We need to be strong for him on the day when we're toiling away desperately trying to avoid the wooden spoon.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Pete wrote::lol: Well said Guy!

::whispers:: Do you know what happens if the tears that salt the playmat come from us? :? :P

I did my best to lower Joey's expectations this last weekend but I reckon Joey still fancies our chances. We need to be strong for him on the day when we're toiling away desperately trying to avoid the wooden spoon.

I never specified that the tears from our opponents were tears of sorrow as such....

Bless Joey, he really doesn't realise what a pair of duffers Oxford are sending.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Ponies

Postby Pete » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:12 pm

Guy, we appear to be disrepecting ourselves in this thread. Which is fine, but we really should be disrespecting everyone else too #diversity

@The Bristol Star Ponies: is there any truth to the rumour flying around these boards that Andy, Grand Poobah of the Bristol Star Ponies, is going to dispense with the official seating on the day in favour of sitting astride one of these beauties?

More power to him if it is true! Andy, I look forward to "popping your pony" by scooping you 2-0 #nomercy #deathtoponies :twisted:
Joey

Postby Joey » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Pete wrote:I did my best to lower Joey's expectations this last weekend but I reckon Joey still fancies our chances. We need to be strong for him on the day when we're toiling away desperately trying to avoid the wooden spoon.

Ha! I have faith in you Pete. You are bringing astrobiotics right?
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:43 am

Joey wrote:Ha! I have faith in you Pete.

::warm glow::

Joey wrote:You are bringing astrobiotics right?

Astrotax. I only ever netdeck and this is the netdeck I am playtesting. Thus far I win more games than I lose so that's good: I should get better at piloting it as I practice more and I'll likely tweak it after listening to you and Brendan.

I'm not wedded to Spark, might swap the ID to NEH soon and see how the core runs out of that. Phillip was having a good run with his NEH Turtlebacks-Sponsorship spam last night in Oxford and Stu was playing Haarp 24/7 Convenience Store to good effect too. There sure are lots of pleasant decks in yellow.
Sixtyten

Re: Ponies

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:57 am

Pete wrote:Guy, we appear to be disrepecting ourselves in this thread. Which is fine, but we really should be disrespecting everyone else too #diversity

@The Bristol Star Ponies: is there any truth to the rumour flying around these boards that Andy, Grand Poobah of the Bristol Star Ponies, is going to dispense with the official seating on the day in favour of sitting astride one of these beauties?

More power to him if it is true! Andy, I look forward to "popping your pony" by scooping you 2-0 #nomercy #deathtoponies :twisted:

If you bring it along, I'll sit on it. *adjusts monocle*
MOON MONEY!
unitled

Postby unitled » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:35 am

Happy new year all!

We've posted this information over on the Facebook event and I think it will be emailed out by Seams as well, but I figured I'd post it here too to make sure everyone knows!
First up, info about deck legality with the recent announcements:

The FAQ is valid from Jan 2016 so all changes from it will be valid (main one being WNP is now unique).

Secondly, the NAPD Most Wanted list is valid from February so we won't be using it - let's kick it with what is now the oldschool.

Secondly, after fun was had by all at a similar idea for Hadrian's Wall, we're holding an Icebreaker the night before. Idea is to meet and mingle with the locals and out of towners, possibly even grab some casual netrunner... Stephen has been organising this, details below:

The Icebreaker is going to be held at Akva (http://www.bodabar.com/akva/) where we have half the upper mezzanine booked from 6pm. There will be loads of space for people to grab seats and tables (maybe play some Netrunner if you are that way inclined). Their kitchen will be open until 10pm for anyone wanting to get some dinner or there is a selection of other places nearby that give a broader mix of food choices (the Edinburgh crew will be happy to give recommendations).

Akva itself is over in the Tollcross/Fountainbridge region of Edinburgh which is a fair distance from the intercity venue (Victoria Park Hotel) but the city has a decent bus network - the number 11 Lothian buses will get you from Ferry Road to Tollcross (it's a 5 minute tops walk from there to Akva) if you're staying at the hotel and anyone more central should find it easily walkable. The Lothian buses website (http://lothianbuses.com/) and Google maps both do a good job of suggesting buses to take from wherever you are staying. Taxis are also an option; expect to pay around £10 each way for Ferry Road to Tollcross.

Any questions, shout up here or on the Facebook event, I'll do my best to answer :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Very much looking forward to this!
MOON MONEY!
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Panda with issues... wrote:Good luck in Exeter tomorrow guys.

James, clearly the goat you sacrificed to give us good fortune was stringy of meat, senescent and blind.

Johno and I had a torrid day at the recent Exeter store championship with our finely-tuned Edinburgh decks. We even had to endure the shame of being paired on the bottom table, forced to scrap it out like rabid dogs for the dubious glory of being better than the other but still worse than everyone else. It was like some horrible Tramp Fight, only with middle-class white guys trash talking each other about their granite kitchen worktops. Sadly, we split so all that we can draw from our titanic struggle is that we are equally bad.

The only crumb of comfort -- and it is a crumb coated with some unmentionable excrescence -- is that two of the lads from the Bristol team were there with us on the bottom table. I feel glum drawing solace from the knowledge that Team Star Pony are as bad as us: is this the height of glory I dreamed about?

James, I insist that you sacrifice a goat of the highest quality on the eve of the Edinburgh tourney. The good name of The ReadOx City Grid is at stake here.

Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:54 pm

It was like some horrible Tramp Fight, only with middle-class white guys trash talking each other

That game was a highlight, more filled with #bantz than any game that graced the top tables. Also our lowly neighbours seemed distracted and amused by our bonhomie.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Pete I feel that your banter alone is worthy of the tournament cup, please keep it up :)

I feel kinda bad that I'll be fighting against Team Readox for the glory of Team London, however needs must and I hope I get to play one of your team in a battle royale, with sparks flying with the clashing of swords and the shouts of terror in the battlefield as our forces fight it out over the plains to conquest the realm with the victor to be heralded as the new King* of Netrunner

* - More of a junior prince who is part time and is only prince as no one else wants the job
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:03 pm

If you're playing that ridiculous Kate deck, I sure as hell hope you're not playing me.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Johno wrote:If you're playing that ridiculous Kate deck, I sure as hell hope you're not playing me.

I'm adding in keegan lane to trash his leprechauns with hyperdrivers on them...
MOON MONEY!
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Sixtyten wrote:
Johno wrote:If you're playing that ridiculous Kate deck, I sure as hell hope you're not playing me.

lol, need to rez some ice first ;)

Archangel did make me sad though :(
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Pete wrote:
Panda with issues... wrote:Good luck in Exeter tomorrow guys.

James, clearly the goat you sacrificed to give us good fortune was stringy of meat, senescent and blind.

Johno and I had a torrid day at the recent Exeter store championship with our finely-tuned Edinburgh decks. We even had to endure the shame of being paired on the bottom table, forced to scrap it out like rabid dogs for the dubious glory of being better than the other but still worse than everyone else. It was like some horrible Tramp Fight, only with middle-class white guys trash talking each other about their granite kitchen worktops. Sadly, we split so all that we can draw from our titanic struggle is that we are equally bad.

The only crumb of comfort -- and it is a crumb coated with some unmentionable excrescence -- is that two of the lads from the Bristol team were there with us on the bottom table. I feel glum drawing solace from the knowledge that Team Star Pony are as bad as us: is this the height of glory I dreamed about?

James, I insist that you sacrifice a goat of the highest quality on the eve of the Edinburgh tourney. The good name of The ReadOx City Grid is at stake here.

Whereas those of us who represented ReadOxShot in Dark Sphere can hold our heads up high, all finishing with positive records and in the top 3rd!

No goats were sacrificed for us, thankfully!

That Rotage is a total bloody mercenary though...
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Rotage wrote:
Sixtyten wrote:

ABT a Janus - that'll stop you. Oh wait...
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Sixtyten wrote:
Rotage wrote:
Sixtyten wrote:

ABT a Janus - that'll stop you. Oh wait...

Janus isn't a problem... you can take up to 5 brain damage each game after all :lol:
unitled

Postby unitled » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:03 pm

One of the Edinburgh team took his decks down south of the border for a GNK and get thoroughly humped as well so you'll be in good company!
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:42 pm

Panda with issues... wrote:Those of us who represented ReadOxShot in Dark Sphere can hold our heads up high, all finishing with positive records and in the top 3rd!

Aw, well done! :: hurrah ::

Panda with issues... wrote:No goats were sacrificed for us, thankfully!

Eh? Where do you think I was at midnight on the Saturday?!?! Dragging that bloody goat up Boars Hill while freezing my tits off was no joke. You ungrateful wretch, did you really think your high finish was done sans diabolic assistance?

:P

unitled wrote:One of the Edinburgh team took his decks down south of the border for a GNK and get thoroughly humped as well so you'll be in good company!

Good to know :D Looking forward to the tourney!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Pete wrote:Eh? Where do you think I was at midnight on the Saturday?!?! Dragging that bloody goat up Boars Hill while freezing my tits off was no joke. You ungrateful wretch, did you really think your high finish was done sans diabolic assistance?

:P

Clearly I underestimated the help you and Johno required Pete!

But how the hell am I going to smuggle an elephant out of a zoo for next weeked?

:?:

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”