Cheevs :: 2016

Sixtyten

Re: Andy Kicks Off

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 am

Pete wrote:Andy P hasn't posted in this cheevs thread but I believe one of his cheevs for this year was to make the cut in a SC.

The Parson came 3rd at the Cardiff Store Champs! Gratz Andy! (Check out that link for some hot Andy action.)

Indeed. A big one ticked off my list. Next up: win something!
MOON MONEY!
Joey

Re: Cheevs :: 2016

Postby Joey » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:44 pm

I feel i should post my goals as im getting close to the first one - these goals are partly inspired by maxing out on "Laurie points".

Make the cut at 3 SC
Make the cut at 1 Regional
Make the cut at Nationals

Simple goals (not necessarily simple to achieve).
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:49 pm

GuyCliquil wrote:Great plan Pete!

I think my list will be the following:

- Shed my "Trampoline" moniker (it was self chosen but I want to make it no longer make sense)-

I reckon I am good to ditch this.

- I was thinking of having "make a cut" as an achievement, but I think I might have "look like I might make the cut at some point even if I fall a little behind it" as I think that might be more realistic

Technically I failed to achieve this, but I think I'll strike it off the list.

- Develop one deck idea that makes people raise their eyebrows at NRUK, go "interesting, it might just vaguely work" - pilot this at a tournament.

I liked my Chaos theory deck, but I don't think I am going to be able to tick this off with this: [url-http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/31658/i-ll-run-when-its-advanced-reading-store-champs-2016-6th]Thingy[/url] so I'll have to keep plugging

- Write an article for NRUK - I have been toying with a "How to build jank" article if people were interested in that.

Still up for this, but might want to wait to do it in the run up to if Reading do a third in their trilogy of jank.

- Crush Pete continually, make all of his dreams turn to dust, and make every Netrunner moment that he has one where he is reminded of my endless superiority. :P

We split at Reading SC - and he wasn't even trying that hard! Pete's playing the long game, waiting until I am least expecting it then he will try to crush me horribly. I must not let him succeed.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:55 am

MartinP wrote:
  • Little Leagues :: Get a top 4 position at a Store Champs

• Status Quo :: Get a top 16 position at a Regionals
  • Big Leagues :: Get into the top 50% of the Nationals standings
  • Airmiles :: Go to worlds
  • Always Two, There Are :: Place higher then The Dark Lord at an event

• New Threads :: Get a Dayjob Playmat
  • Crash Course :: Learn how to play something other than weyland or HB FA
  • Perfect World :: Play Nasir in the meta where he is top tier*

Having placed 3rd at the Stroud Store Champs this weekend and won myself a lovely Leela mat, I can cross off my first Cheev of the year. Having done so without playing Weyland or HBFA and I can cross off Crash Course as well.

Don't really feel my wins against The Dark Lord were really warrented this weekend, so I'm going to try and place higher then Cerb again at another event :)

I'm now going to use the rest of the store champs this season to try and achieve the following:

• Little Leagues (NG+) :: Get into the final at a Store Champs top 4/8 cut
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Swiftie wrote:Goals for 2016

Win the bell - its at the top of the list!
Win a Store Championship - still on the list
Top 8 a Regional - Going to claim i did this one even though I had to drop out of London
Top 16 Nationals - still on the list
Go to worlds - still on the list and looking like its not going to happen
Win a game on camera - I beat Phil turner on camera in a GNK (close game)

Less serious one
Run more fun GNK's - still looking at doing this
Get all flat line wins at an event - i've gotten 4 out of 5 flat lines at a Reading GNK
Play more games against Pete/Seb! - think i can take this one off since both players are on a long break from the game
Play in more jank events - Just waiting on Reading to run more...
Try more shakeaways when playing @ Reading. Had one and now i need more! - this one i have done!
The Aldershot/Reading/Oxford meta is great and I want to add more to it, don't know what yet. - can i claim this one by finally accepting that i've joined the Reading meta since there are not enough players in Aldershot now?
Get Dave Saiya to listen to better music when we travel to events... - he was stuck in a car on the drive up to the first Birmingham regional so did not have much of a choice :)

Right its a been a few months, how is everyone getting on with their cheevs?
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:58 pm

Haven't quite been able to nail mine down this year but that's largely down to not being able to hit many events (or get much practice in for that matter!). Really happy with my record so far this year though, made the cut on 1/2 store champs and managed to scrape 16th in the expo super regional. Would like to try and make another regional this year but looking a bit unlikely. Would love to make top 16 at nationals this year but I have no doubt that'll be a tough ask!
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:32 am

Chimpster wrote:Haven't quite been able to nail mine down this year but that's largely down to not being able to hit many events (or get much practice in for that matter!). Really happy with my record so far this year though, made the cut on 1/2 store champs.

Exactly the same, just only made 21st at Expo. Super pleased and now aiming to grab top 16 at one of these enormous regionals (although realistically, this will probably be something for next year).
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:58 am

Main Objectives
  • Make top 4 in a Store Championship, I had multiple 5th places last year so would be nice to go one better - Won three so yes
  • Make top 50 at Nationals, was 58th Last year - finished 7th :)
  • Make top 16 at a Regionals, best last year was 23rd - 4 top 8's
  • Win a GNK, I did win one last year but had a bye in round 1 so would be nice to win without a bye - So regretting that I used the word GNK and not tournament, no where near on this one
  • Someone from Aldershot to a win a regionals or nationals - We've had 3 make the cut so far, but as our meta doesn't really exist anymore and we are put of the Readox meta, technically this may have happened

Fun Objectives
  • Play every faction in tournaments - Just neutral runners and Jinteki to go
  • Win games by Net Damage, Meat Damage and Brain Damage, bonus point if I manage to do this all with the same deck - Won by meat and net damage
  • Attend at least 3 regionals, 2 nationals, 7 store championships. This is one more than I attended last year - I may have gone OTT on this, 12 Store Championships and 6 regionals so far, will only make 1 national this year
  • Score two agendas in one turn - Managed it against Pete and Lane (although that game is void)
Last edited by Rotage on Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:11 am

- Shed my "Trampoline" moniker (it was self chosen but I want to make it no longer make sense)

I did... but its creeeeping back....

- Come in the top 2/3 of Nationals (presuming I go which I hope to)

too soon to tell.

- I was thinking of having "make a cut" as an achievement, but I think I might have "look like I might make the cut at some point even if I fall a little behind it" as I think that might be more realistic

Well I made a cut. Nobody can take that away from me no matter what happens!

- Develop one deck idea that makes people raise their eyebrows at NRUK, go "interesting, it might just vaguely work" - pilot this at a tournament.

Eeesh. I think I might have to do this the other way round; I am coming to the realisation that my ideas only work by "surprise!" and rarely then as well.

- Write an article for NRUK - I have been toying with a "How to build jank" article if people were interested in that.

Tick

- Crush Pete continually, make all of his dreams turn to dust, and make every Netrunner moment that he has one where he is reminded of my endless superiority. :P

Pete is not enough for me to do this. :(
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:24 am

I managed to hit my regionals target, but spectacularly missed on the SC ones and I'm so far this year yet to win an event so it looks like I'm heading towards missing that one also.

Still got hopes for nationals though.

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”