UK Rankings

lpoulter

UK Rankings

Postby lpoulter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm excited to announce the first Annual UK rankings. Each player in the country will have the chance to be one of the 16 to earn an invitation to the final tournament in December 2016. Players can earn points by making the cut or better in Store Championships, BABW event, Regionals and UK Nationals. The final will be free and offer custom swag, promos and of course much glory.

Obviously no ranking system can be perfect but hopefully this will add a little fun to the year.

I will publish T32 rankings monthly. I will do my best to gather tournament results. You can help by uploading them to http://www.acoo.net/ or sending them directly to me.

A detailed point explanation can be found here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Rules to consider:
Best 3 store champs and best 2 regionals count,
To count towards the rankings tournaments must have >11 players.
UK only tournaments,
Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: UK Rankings

Postby Chimpster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Great idea sir, looking forward to seeing how the year shakes out :)
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Just wanted to say that Laurie and I are working on a site to help to automate this and make it easy for people to upload and manage tournaments.

The site is open source, so if anyone would like to contribute, be my guest!

https://github.com/Smashman/UKNetrunnerRankings

It runs on Python, with the Flask microframework.

Watch this space!

Cheers.
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:13 am

Smashman wrote:Just wanted to say that Laurie and I are working on a site to help to automate this and make it easy for people to upload and manage tournaments.

Good stuff!

Regrettably I'm an Oracle dinosaur and have no knowledge of this sorcery you call Python. Is it easy enough to learn?
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:01 am

evilgaz wrote:
Smashman wrote:Just wanted to say that Laurie and I are working on a site to help to automate this and make it easy for people to upload and manage tournaments.

Good stuff!

Regrettably I'm an Oracle dinosaur and have no knowledge of this sorcery you call Python. Is it easy enough to learn?

I'd say so.
The formatting is part of the structure, which I find quite cool.

Can give you some pointers if needed.
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 am

Seeing as there were some top players there, I'd like to upload the Intercity results, but not sure the best way to do it. We used NRTM so we can add the 4 pods to Acoo as 4 x 14 player tournaments?
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:41 am

I am intrigued by decklists people had as well - it would be an excellent place to nerd out. I think uploading as 4 pods makes the most sense.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 am

GuyCliquil wrote:I am intrigued by decklists people had as well - it would be an excellent place to nerd out. I think uploading as 4 pods makes the most sense.

Off topic here, but you NEED to see the runner Decklist one of the Glasgow guys was running. It was Hayley running Endless Hunger as the only breaker, and it only got weirder from there.

I'll coordinate with Even and get them uploaded, then do some prodding on FB etc. to get people to add lists.

Great to meet you Guy, albeit too briefly!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:34 am

Off topic here, but you NEED to see the runner Decklist one of the Glasgow guys was running. It was Hayley running Endless Hunger as the only breaker, and it only got weirder from there.

That does sound cool.

I'll coordinate with Even and get them uploaded, then do some prodding on FB etc. to get people to add lists.

I'll keep an eye out and upload my decks. I think there's literally like 1 wildcard in my RP but it'll be interesting to see the different directions the various Adams went in.

Great to meet you Guy, albeit too briefly!

It was splendid. I met a lot of awesome sorts and I am planning to do a quick shoutout/hello but I am holding back as I understand my fellow Readoxian Pete is writing up a full report so was planning to post under that.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:47 pm

The deck choice restrictions are enough to make me think it shouldn't be included as part of the rankings though.
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:36 pm

mendax wrote:The deck choice restrictions are enough to make me think it shouldn't be included as part of the rankings though.

Why not? I was under the impression that tournaments don't reduce your ranking ever? If it was an ID crisis event I could see it!
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Because it wasn't a tournament played under the normal rules of netrunner, so shouldn't be ranked alongside those played under the normal rules of netrunner.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 am

There's a difference here between the Acoo rankings and LauriePoints (as I'm inexplicably calling them).

Uploading any tournament to Acoo will update all the statistics, including the UK rankings that it stores on them. I'd heavily encourage everyone to upload as much data as possible in to Acoo over the course of the year; less for the rankings, but more as a resource for players looking for results, deck lists, meta information and all the rest. In addition, Damon Stone has said that he'll use Acoo data (assuming it's all packaged up neatly for him) to look at things like the Most Wanted List and other design goals.

On the flip side, LauriePoints are a new idea trying to keep track of high level (ish) competitive play throughout the year. Laurie's jigged the weightings of the points around to reward consistently high placings and put less emphasis on grinding out a huge number of tournaments. They also only track (at the moment) Store Championship, Regionals and Nationals.

So in summary, upload everything you want to Acoo and it'll do a host of useful things while it's there, including affecting the UK rankings. Just don't expect tournaments to count for LauriePoints unless he's specifically said beforehand that they will.

*In no way am I affiliated with Laurie, LauriePoints or Acoo. In reality, I have no real background, authority or particular insight that make this comment legally binding, or even necessarily worth reading. He probably won't call them LauriePoints. It's a good name though, right? Right?
Will dance for Laurie Points
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 am

The name 'LauriePoints' makes me unreservedly happy.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 am

Laurie's jigged the weightings of the points around to reward consistently high placings and put less emphasis on grinding out a huge number of tournaments.

If they don't reward going to a huge number of tournaments I am not sure we can call them Lauriepoints. :lol:

More on topic I would ideally like there to be a place where odd format tournaments can also be stored - jank tournaments/random IDs etc. If that is acoo, great, if not then we might need a new resource.

I don't want to step on the shoes of those who want to track proper high level play though, as I can understand that desire. It would be great to track both ALL the data and the data that matters most to our creme de la creme. I doubt I can be of much use in either regard, but if the community didn't have an answer I'd try and do what I could.
The Praetor of Jank
lpoulter

Postby lpoulter » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:21 am

Nemamiah wrote: I'd heavily encourage everyone to upload as much data as possible in to Acoo over the course of the year; less for the rankings, but more as a resource for players looking for results, deck lists, meta information and all the rest

Completely agree I'd also add the most excellent site http://www.knowthemeta.com/ automatically collates decks posted to Acco.

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”