More Salt Please, The "Sky Is Falling" NAPD Most Wanted List thread

Sixtyten

Re: More Salt Please, The "Sky Is Falling" NAPD Most Wanted List thread

Postby Sixtyten » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:07 am

Panda with issues... wrote:
Sixtyten wrote:
Panda with issues... wrote:Eli and Architect are silly cards at their cost and influence level. Architect is one of the lurching cards that was over the power threshold because the parasite package (Parasucker and clone chip) was too dominant. It's a shame, because it's one of the more interesting subroutine effects in the game, but it never should have been untrashable. Parasite shenanigans were at least partly highly efficient because they provided an efficient solution to miscosted (in terms of money AND influence) ice like Eli.

architect is untrashable to avoid installing over itself and other shennanigans. It was a deliberate design decision. The parasite/apoc issue is a side effect.

And yet Crick didn't get that benefit. Not that it needed it. They could have just specified couldn't be trashed by the corp.

According to Kiv's video Calimsha is playing proco. How the mighty have fallen.

BWAHAHAHAHA
MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:34 am

Calimsha's new Kate build is actually pretty solid. It would surprise me if it really takes off to the same level as his old one did.
Joey

Postby Joey » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Panda with issues... wrote:
Sixtyten wrote:
architect is untrashable to avoid installing over itself and other shennanigans. It was a deliberate design decision. The parasite/apoc issue is a side effect.

And yet Crick didn't get that benefit. Not that it needed it. They could have just specified couldn't be trashed by the corp.

They should both say " cant be trashed while being encountered". Thats the important and potentially weird bit
Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Looks like I can dust off my old Professor deck with a new objective - not just how many points of influence can I include, but can it work with an (effective, if not for the hard cap of 1) -10 influence.

Though it may not help those of the saltiest disposition stay calm seeing a deck at a tourney that still has 3x prepaid, Clone chip, Lady etc. in it. Even if it is Prof.

I haven't yet seen any discussion about the permanence of the list - do people think it will modify over time as the meta shifts? Or are these permanent changes because they were indeed limiting the card design space?
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:01 pm

I think some are probably 'for good'. NAPD, PPVP, Parasite, Astroscript are likely amongst those, as they cripple design space too badly.

Others - like SanSan and Clone Chip - might one day come off. Early days.

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”