Sub: End the Run

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MouseChan

Sub: End the Run

Postby MouseChan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm

With heavy heart I announced my retirement from this game last night, and the responses of thanks and well wishes I got completely floored me, I wasn't expecting half the things people said.

As such I feel like I owe people a more indepth reason why I chose to leave, along with the stresses of TOing and burnout and touch on player lifecycle a bit.

So in the coming week I hope to get an article about it out. (Aptly named: "End the run")

I'm sure most of you saw the announcement on FB or Twitter, and for those that didn't the TL;DR is I put in so much work for 3 years the game stopped being fun a while back, I slowed down hoping to get over the burnout, but It's not going anyway.

I'm very proud of what I've done for the community, and the responses I got from my leaving post have me fighting back tears (manly manly tears though :P). I'm electing to not just vanish and rather fade out, still running events I commited to such as UKGE, and running events in my local meta while my replacement shadows me.

To runners old and new

Keep running, and stay awesome, and look out for the article.

-Cj 'Tokisaki' Mitchell
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Panda with issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sub: End the Run

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:35 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Think I only bumped into you at Nats last year Cj, real shame to hear you're moving on, but if it's not fun any more I can certainly see why!

Look forward to seeing you at UKGE this year again, and good luck in what ever you move onto!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:32 pm

Good luck with future hobbies & thank you for the work done so far.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”