Done with Netrunner

Stephen

Done with Netrunner

Postby Stephen » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:55 pm

I stopped buying the data packs with Salsette Island, which I bought just before the first Birmingham regional. Have really struggled to keep up playing along with work over the last 12 months so am now calling it a day and selling everything on. Tipping point was the realisation that I just wasn't enjoying playing very much anymore. I'm curious about where the game goes from here with rotation etc and I hope it continues to attract new players, but it strikes me that the buzz that there was around the game isn't the same as it was 18 months ago, but maybe that's just me. This place is definitely less busy than it used to be...

Cheers to everyone I met and played with at some point. Good luck with your future running.

I'm going to eBay my collection but if anyone is after any particular alt art cards then feel free to drop me a message (I have full playsets of most of the not-super-rare cards).

Tatty fucking bye x
GuyCliquil

Re: Done with Netrunner

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:36 am

All the best with future stuff whatever that may be!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
sxk634

Postby sxk634 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Can certainly see where you are coming from Stephen. My interest has also waned, partly due to inevitable family commitments. I'm still sticking with it, but mainly been enjoying it as a casual game with a few friends.

Are you transitioning to another game? Some friends of mine love Doomtown, which is somewhat tempting as I like the source material, and it being a "dead" game means it doesn't threaten to be the continual money-sink that Netrunner is. You play other boardgames too, or were you committed to Netrunner?

Was nice meeting you, always happy to see you at the events I was running at Waylands Forge.

See you around hopefully,

Steve.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Stephen wrote:I stopped buying the data packs with Salsette Island, which I bought just before the first Birmingham regional. Have really struggled to keep up playing along with work over the last 12 months so am now calling it a day and selling everything on. Tipping point was the realisation that I just wasn't enjoying playing very much anymore. I'm curious about where the game goes from here with rotation etc and I hope it continues to attract new players, but it strikes me that the buzz that there was around the game isn't the same as it was 18 months ago, but maybe that's just me. This place is definitely less busy than it used to be...

Cheers to everyone I met and played with at some point. Good luck with your future running.

I'm going to eBay my collection but if anyone is after any particular alt art cards then feel free to drop me a message (I have full playsets of most of the not-super-rare cards).

Tatty fucking bye x

A lot of the buzz moved onto the slack channel, it's definitely still there though I think.

Best of luck with whatever game you might play next :)

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”