Cheevs 2017

MartinP

Cheevs 2017

Postby MartinP » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:23 pm

So... World's are next week, but for those of us not taking a flight to FFG HQ to grab this years title, the next big thing in netrunner is the impending Store Championship season which pretty much starts in a little over 2 weeks time

Would be ace to hear how many of your 'Cheevs from 2016 you achieved (4/8Total here!), what store champs you're looking to conquer, and what are your goals for this years tournament season?

Kicking things off I'm looking to make at least another 6 store champs this year - Cheltenham, Stroud, Bristol (x2), Cardiff (x2), Exeter or Evesham are looking like my likely suspects so far until dates are confirmed.

In terms of achievements, I'm hoping to accomplish the following

• Consistancy is Key :: Place top 50% in at least 6 store champs
  • Little Leagues 2.0:: Make top 4 cut at store champs / Survive Top 8 cut to 4th place or better
  • Improved Performance:: Place top 8 in a Regional
  • This Time I'll Make it :: Get into the top 50% of the Nationals standings
  • Airmiles :: Go to worlds
Pete

Re: Cheevs 2017

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Good stuff Martin!

I've only got 2/13 'cheevs for 2016.

I did take ~7 months off from NetRunner so I'm not too cut up about my record so far. There's still 2 months of the year left: I do have an article for NetRunner.co.uk brewing but it's kinda trippy grimepunk so I dunno if Chimpster will bite. It seems like the chat and action has moved to Slack rather than here.

So on to 'cheevs for 2017.

• Road Trip :: Attend 3 Store Champs.
  • I HEART JOHNO! :: High-5 Johno! (Can be 'cheeved multiple times.)
  • I PROXY JOHNO! :: Get someone else to high-5 Johno too!
  • Alt :: Organise/support more of these alternate format events. (I really enjoyed the 1-1-1-1 event.)
  • Gotta Catch Them All :: Play each ID at least once in tourneys throughout 2017.
  • What Did The Romains Ever Do For Us? :: Support Romain in his rise to NetRunner tourney glory!
  • Taking The Tr1s! :: Support Tris in his rise to NetRunner tourney glory!
  • Plot Twist, The Ark Sinks! :: Scoop Noah. Regularly.
  • Celebrate [The Oxford Massive] :: Organise a few Celebrate The Heck Out Of Foo nights.
A shorter list this year, and one focused not at all on skill and rather more on the excellent community that we have on the UK scene. (And internationally too I guess.)
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
GuyCliquil

Re: Cheevs 2017

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:40 pm

I am not sure what I want to acheive next year in part because of what I am willing to put in, work wise. The game is really competitive at the top level and I don't have the patience for those lines on jinteki.net or the constant refinement of one deck to make it work for me. (not that there is anything wrong with that, I have nothing but respect for those that truly make competitive Netrunner the really tough place to be)

With that in mind I hope that people continue to enjoy their games against me, that I surprise people and entertain people with decks i come up with, and that I am able to make Oxford a welcoming place for people to come to play Netrunner on occasion.

Oh and crush Pete obviously.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”