Netrunner near London looking for group

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gandash
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Netrunner near London looking for group

Postby Gandash » Mon May 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Hey everyone

As the title says I was wondering if what groups are in the area, I'm in luton and currently drive down to Hemel hempstead for my fix of netrunning, annoyingly there's only 3 of us( as we all know 3 is a great number for a 2player game Lols.)

I have no intention of ditching my current group coz they are a good bunch, however I would like to expand my experience so if anyone can suggest groups etc that would be great.

Cheers
Ash
Panda with issues...

Re: Netrunner near London looking for group

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon May 04, 2015 3:45 pm

It might be a bit far for you, but Oxford and Reading both have sizeable groups of players.

Oxford meet in on a Monday night I believe, and sport a large number of excellent, friendly players.

Reading meet on Tuesday nights 6.30-11pm at , and sport a number of players used to getting crushed by players from Oxford! We also run monthly tournaments on the first Saturday of each month.
Ortho

Postby Ortho » Mon May 04, 2015 3:58 pm

There's several groups in London itself, although I don't know if that's any use to you. Lots of people meet at about 5:30pm onwards on Tuesday nights in a coffee shop near London Bridge and then go to one of two pubs nearby when that closes. There's a meetup group for that one with more information. People also meet at Dark Sphere near Waterloo on Thursdays from about 6pm. And I think there are groups on Wednesday nights in Finchley and Bromley, but I can't vouch for either of those.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon May 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Any groups in West London? I have a friend who is interested in giving the game a go.
MOON MONEY!
shinygerbil

Postby shinygerbil » Tue May 05, 2015 11:19 am

The London City Grid is pretty active and there's often someone open to an impromptu meetup. There's currently nothing in West London that I know of, but as I work in the area I'd definitely be interested in cobbling something together if we could find a venue! It would have to be Mondays or Fridays (or heaven forbid, the weekend) to avoid clashing with the existing meets.

Failing that, as mentioned already there's always a good turnout for the regular weeknight meetups - I usually go to or Thursday (at ), or sometimes both. There's a Wednesday meetup at which is probably the closest to Luton (relatively speaking at least) but I've not been so I don't know what the turnout is like.
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Tue May 05, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm off to Dark Sphere on Thursday since I'm "in the smoke" that day... :D
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Tue May 05, 2015 9:35 pm

I could be interested in a West London event on Monday / Friday, not sure if I would go every week but would try to attend on a semi-regular basis
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”