ANRPC

king_mob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ANRPC

Postby king_mob » Fri May 15, 2015 10:53 am

Great idea laurie re: sticky or top post for stores involved. Although i think to be inclusive £10 is about right for the entrance fee. Im pretty sure 12 qualifiers means that whatever store hosts one will easily get 10+ people in, which covers the approx £75 towards the grand prize as well as prize support. Its not my desicion at the end of the day obviously but thats how id do it.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MasterAir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 15, 2015 11:01 am

Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
lpoulter

Postby lpoulter » Fri May 15, 2015 11:06 am

£10 means 10 players leaves enough for £75 to main pool and £25 and up to the store/prize support on the day. So it works out quite nicely.

Flights to worlds are gonna be ~£450 so 10 stores/legs means £750 in pool so maybe one flight and the rest to go to other prizes at grand final and other costs. Would be great to have at least two brits at worlds.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri May 15, 2015 11:31 am

I'm 100% behind this.

As per my other thread, not enough going on after Nationals imo.

Laurie, we should brainstorm tomorrow. (Play something fast so we have time ;) )
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri May 15, 2015 11:32 am

Wait, if we organize this does that mean its a conflict of interest if one of us takes part?? Jokes, im competing anyway.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri May 15, 2015 11:55 am

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

[quote="Cerberus"]I'm 100% behind this.

As per my other thread, not enough going on after Nationals imo.[quote]

I agree. On the other hand my significant other might be less pleased...
MOON MONEY!
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 pm

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 15, 2015 12:19 pm

I've updated the first post. I'll try to keep it updated as we have more info and then replace it with something more official once something more official exists.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri May 15, 2015 12:34 pm

tomdidiot

Postby tomdidiot » Fri May 15, 2015 3:21 pm

I've talked to Alexi at Dark Sphere, and he says he's definitely interested in taking part.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri May 15, 2015 5:16 pm

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 15, 2015 6:06 pm

I'll draft an email for stores this evening/tomorrow.
lpoulter

Postby lpoulter » Fri May 15, 2015 6:18 pm

double post ignore.
Last edited by lpoulter on Fri May 15, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lpoulter

Postby lpoulter » Fri May 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 pm

MOON MONEY!
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Good point well made. We'll go with some point in September. I don't want it to be too soon either as I've currently organised 0% of anything.
tomdidiot

Postby tomdidiot » Fri May 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Also, I'm not sure how much this will tip people in favour of a store, but Dark Sphere now has this awesome streaming/commentary setup. It was used for the Game of Thrones Regionals, and was praised by one of the leading AGOT LCG podcasts. I'll need a volunteer commentator, though; not going to be able to run the tourney and commentate at the same time.

www.twitch.tv/darkspheretwitch, for those interested.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 15, 2015 9:34 pm

From what I hear, Dark Sphere is a great location for the finals. I know the world is London centric, and that upsets people, but if people are travelling from all over the country it's one of the easier places to get to.

Commentary Booth is gravy. But it's pretty tasty gravy that I'm fully in favour of. I wouldn't mind a go in the commentators chair and there are a few casters who produce very good content. Enthusiastic thumbs up!
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Fri May 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Dark Sphere is also only 10 mins walk from Waterloo station one of the easier places to get to from outside London
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Sat May 16, 2015 5:54 am

I'm not clear on what the store legs and last chance qualifier would then send forward to the finals. Is it just the winner of each? While I'm not one of those keen on London, a day trip is okay. Doing a weekend in London though would be pricey with accommodation etc.

If there was a situation where I hadn't qualified (likely) then I'd do commentary as people don't get to hear my self absorbed opinion enough, but I would want to commit to it until I was sure I wouldn't be playing. So not much of an offer then.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Sat May 16, 2015 9:06 am

The format is each store sends a top 3. We'll probably organise some way of passing down qualification if people finish top 3 in multiple events.

I'm going to recommend 5-6 rounds of Swiss with no cut for qualifiers. Though I'm open to suggestions.

LCQ qualifies top 6.

The finals will be 5 rounds + cut to 8.

How does that sound? How keen are people to have tournaments with a top cut for qualifiers?
I'm also thinking of having an OCTGN qualifier for people who can't get to any tournaments. Though I'm not sure whether that's a good plan. Thoughts on that are welcome too.
Vinegarymink

Postby Vinegarymink » Sat May 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Generally I dislike tournaments any more significant than a GNK without a cut, because it makes Tiebreakers even more important than they already are. However if the top 3 qualify I think you can justify it.

OCTGN qualifier seems fine to me in theory, though you're at the mercy of the program. SSCI had some real problems in the early rounds because so many people at once, but this tournament would be a lot smaller so there's less risk.
ptwiddle

Postby ptwiddle » Sun May 17, 2015 1:11 pm

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Sun May 17, 2015 6:20 pm

What about
"Bring A Brit to Worlds" [BABW]

Cyberfeeder was an alternative name I thought might work.

I think I'll post to Facebook when I have the start of a website built. I just received an email from Quinns saying he's happy to join in.

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”