ANRPC

MasterAir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ANRPC

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mendax » Tue May 19, 2015 12:54 am

Invite applications for qualification tournaments, and work from there.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue May 19, 2015 8:14 am

That's my plan. Thanks Mendax.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue May 19, 2015 8:57 am

Last edited by king_mob on Tue May 19, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 am

Update. If you're interested in hosting a tournament, get in touch by 31st May 2015. I've updated the website to say as much.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue May 19, 2015 11:55 am

Beware that the recently announced details on Worlds 2015 say that attendance is capped so an early preregistration would be recommended.
Could be tricky preregistering for an unknown attendee but FFG might accommodate a reservation if contacted.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... pionships/
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks, I've seen that post. I've got in touch with FFG, we'll see if that yields anything. Otherwise, as I said on the Facebook group I'll just have to buy a ticket in the name of Laurie Poulter - of the Grand Netrunning Adventure fame. :-P
sxk634

Postby sxk634 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:37 pm

tomdidiot

Postby tomdidiot » Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

If we're doing the finals as a 1 day tournament, I'd suggest, for sanity's sake, that we cap it at 32 (for a 5/top8 format)...... Probably 2 per qualifier (say 12), 1 from uroboros... And 7 from the LCq. We really need to strike a fine balance with the LCQ. It needs to qualify enough people to make it not futile to slog through (which therefore discourages attendance), but also needs to not qualify too many to make the qualifiers worthless.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue May 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue May 19, 2015 2:18 pm

The concern is that it's a Sunday. As it's an invitational it doesn't have the same pressure to be big enough for all that want to come to come. I think this is an open debate still. I'm planning to have a Facebook group for BABW organisers and maybe a Skype call to discuss the details. I can see arguments both ways and at the moment I'm undecided.
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Wed May 20, 2015 9:59 am

I say 2 per qualifier, and have 32. While a 64 player event is nice, this is something you have to qualify for and as such the smaller the number makes it feel more exclusive, also feels like a final rather than just another event.

I'd even say go for 16 but 1 per event might be a bit cruel. (Can you imagine coming 2nd in a looong satellite to lose your shot at worlds?)

Also I'd go to say the nationals winner 2015 can't qualify since s/he will already have a worlds ticket.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Wed May 20, 2015 10:03 am

I'm not going to exclude nominally the best player in the UK. Part of the appeal to me is to have a tournament of the best players from around the country. If/when the UK champ qualifies for the finals we can talk to them about what we'll do if they win it.

Agreed about the appeal of a 32 player final. That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment.
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Wed May 20, 2015 10:05 am

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Wed May 20, 2015 10:10 am

I understand that sucks. But as much as winning a ticket to compete at Worlds is a big part of the appeal, I also like playing competitive netrunner. If hypothetically I won a satellite part of the excitement would be winning qualification for the final. I'd be looking forward to playing in the final. If the UK Champ doesn't want to play, they can hand down their qualification to the final. If they do want to play I will let them. Dream crushing or not.

If you want to guarantee your place in the final, place in a satellite!
lpoulter

Postby lpoulter » Wed May 20, 2015 11:09 am

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed May 20, 2015 12:13 pm

One thing to keep in mind is to keep a record of more than the top X finishers in case someone can't attend the final etc. You have who is next on the invitation to hand then.
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”