Dealing with Net-Ready Eye

Satellite Uplink

Re: Dealing with Net-Ready Eye

Postby Satellite Uplink » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 pm

There's no Ice printed that can't be broken if the Runner tries hard enough. That's not what Ice is for. Pretty much the best Ice you'll ever have is something that makes the Runner do three things to break it instead of just one.
Satellite Uplink

Postby Satellite Uplink » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 pm

ApeAsylum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ApeAsylum » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Satellite Uplink

Postby Satellite Uplink » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brendan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:27 pm

The major things that have changed are better draw (Inject, I've Had Worse) and economy (Career Fair enabling Liberated Accounts; Day Job(?), Lucky Find(?)).

I don't like Anarch with their own breakers either. They fill occasional niches in faction, but ultimately it's very easily shut down and/or takes too long to assemble. Sometimes it will crush. Sometimes you will watch a corp score Astros behind a Wraparound or whatever.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:32 pm

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Atman Noise was a thing at one point wasnt it? I think atman in another ID would be better, val maybe?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 pm

I think Quetzal rather than Val. 50 card decksize is fucker if you have a wildly complicated plan of breaking ice, and Q's got a great answer to wraparound which is really annoying for this deck otherwise.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:42 pm

pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Satellite Uplink

Postby Satellite Uplink » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:49 pm

maznaz

Postby maznaz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:57 pm

For a long time the anarch breaker suite + datasuckers and occasionally parasites was THE dominant breaker suite in the game by a long way. Lotus field changed that, not AI breakers.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Not in Anarch it wasn't, and rarely in Shaper.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Disclaimer: iv not been playing nearly long enough to provide a solid opinion on this current discussion, but for my own understanding i want to ask - wasnt the major problem for anarchs not that the infaction breaker suite wasnt ideal, but that lotus field doesn't die to parasite? So NRE presents a better i.e lower cost infaction solution to the one ICE in the game bar architect that the normal anarch tools cant answer?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Satellite Uplink

Postby Satellite Uplink » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Vapo

Postby Vapo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:22 pm

A lot changed for Anarch with the big box. They have at least one runner now who can happily use a full rig - RegAss type MaxX builds (including Tim's prepaid variant as well as Dan D's original) are at least as strong as the Siphon/Eater variants, in fact I'd say they're significantly stronger, I find Siphon MaxX incredibly easy to play around whereas RegAss puts in a good showing against anything but the fastest corp decks. Even before NRE it was a solid option and that card can only have helped it.

The recent strong finishes for Whizzard over in the states seem to be proving that Anarchs can now build a full rig without having the accelerated pace of MaxX, and some Valencia decks have done well with legit breakers too, although having Blackmail for the early game clearly helps you get set up there.

Noise is still not gonna want to spend so many deckslots on things that aren't viruses or ways to pay for/recur viruses, and Reina's ability is so narrow that only a strongly focussed AI plan can make it worthwhile, but I think if you want to play any other Anarch right now you should be looking at Mimic, Yog, Corroder, NRE and D4v1d as your end-game rig, with Parasites to eat up the parts you can't handle yet or take down particularly taxing stuff later on. It's not the most efficient thing in the world, but combined with the brute force of Medium and your now functional economy thanks to the peculiar hiring practices of mega corps it's absolutely playable.
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:31 am

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 am

Timo brought a RegAss MaxX for tests on Wednesday and it was fairly brutal. NRE turns off all the Lotus Fields and other problems and she has no problem recurring breakers that go in the bin. Chuck in a spare AI breaker to plug the gap when you're missing a breaker and she's on mission really quickly.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Some might say he's following winning decks from the new Champ now. Some people. Not me. Other people. ;)
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:20 pm

I think playing proper breakers in anarch is a totally reasonable plan. NRE makes Lotus Field (eventually) go away, which is good news. Lotus field was an absolute nightmare, especially in Blue Sun.

I think you need some combination of special order, SMC or knight to get over the corroder on the bottom of the deck issue.

Anarch currently have the BEST draw in the game in Inject, IHW, Wyld Pancakes or some combination thereof. They also have a whole bunch of good AI options. Core set anarch rig is a good starting point, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Even if you're Shaper or Criminal you only have 1 or 2 more cards that will get you past wraparound than the average (real rig) anarch deck.

I am firmly of the opinion that the core set breakers for anarch should be your endgame (if you need or have time to get there). They're so so efficient when they work. Noise might be an exception, I'm not really sure about Noise and will defer to better Noise players.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
Vinegarymink

Postby Vinegarymink » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:37 am

Yeah when do I get a no.1 fan, and will they be as nice as Teemo?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:41 am

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”