Data Pack: The Underway - discussion

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ApeAsylum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Data Pack: The Underway - discussion

Postby ApeAsylum » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Which cards do you guys and girls consider worthy of those precious deck slots? Are those new identity going to be strong enough to be feared by those monster Id's like RP and Kate.

Fun deck ideas are novel but I'd rather keep the ideas centralised around competitive viability on what you perceive the current meta is.

Marcus Batty - seems like a very solid card in RP yet another way to kick you out of a scoring server. Although deck slots are tight I might expect him to be paired with ELP which has fallen a little out of favour

Defective Brainchips - this just made those brain damage deck strong enough to actually be good. There will be real pressure to run those mushined traps/agendas really raising the steaks. Pair this with a neural emp and there could be deaths after getting hit by a triple advanced cerebral overighters.
MouseChan

Re: Data Pack: The Underway - discussion

Postby MouseChan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Batty replaces ash and frees up inf, he also can mix up the ice suite as his proc has more utility than end the run.

cards worth playing:

Faust, Drive by, Marcus, Hyperdriver, Supression. IMO.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Xenasis

Postby Xenasis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Surprised Street Peddler hasn't been mentioned yet!

I foresee her being a 3-of in basically every Anarch deck that isn't MaxX, and may be splashed in some Shaper/Criminal kits. Peddler boosts Noise substantially, with the other Anarchs, including Valencia, Whizzard and Reina getting considerable boosts too.

Street Peddler will have the largest competitive impact, I think. Batty is the second strongest card in the pack.

Faust might be good, but I'm less certain about its power level. Street Peddler and Batty are extraordinarily strong, though, and are easily my top two picks from the pack.
Kesterer

Postby Kesterer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:22 pm

I think Muertos Gang Member might be playable. It loses value fairly fast as the game goes on, but is pretty brutal denial in the first couple of turns when only one or two things are rezzed. Main issue is you can't float tags while it's on the table, but it's possible that rules it out of competitive decks alone.
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Having played a lot of games with him, Geist isn't as bad as I expected him to be.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:05 pm

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:20 am

Gang Sign is going to at least be trialled in my Laramy Fisk when I start developing that deck; Laramy is all about making HQ just sodden with agendas so Gang Sign, coupled even with one HQ Interface, could be a real problem for the corp.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 am

mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 am

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:33 am

Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:36 am

Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:26 am

I have 14 triggers, so maybe?

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”