A question about 'film critic' from Old Hollywood

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pruneface
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A question about 'film critic' from Old Hollywood

Postby pruneface » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Rules question. If I have an agenda hosted on Film Critic, and I access another agenda, can I host that second agenda on film critic, trashing the first?
The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
Brendan

Re: A question about 'film critic' from Old Hollywood

Postby Brendan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:53 pm

It says Film Critic can host a single agenda. There's nothing about trashing or anything in the rules or on the card. So no, you can't host the new one and trash the previous one.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Are you sure about this? Leprechaun can host two programs - that doesn't stop you installing another as long as you only have have a maximum of 2 on there.
changling bob

Postby changling bob » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:21 pm

As part of the 'install a program' action you may trash any number of programs, so that behaviour's built in.
Kesterer

Postby Kesterer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:23 pm

It's part of the general rules about programs that lets you trash programs from Leprechaun, I think, as they're hosted but also installed. As agendas on Film Critic aren't installed, I think Brendan is right that you can't do anything with them except what Film Critic says - and that includes trashing them.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks for the replies so far, folks! I guess my confusion is that we don't have any host cards that can host only a limited number of cards that aren't programs, so this has never come up before. No rules as far as I can see under hosting in the rules or the FAQ that explicate it. I'm inclined to agree with Brendan, but only because I want Haarpsicord to not get entirely hosed as a result ^^
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:43 pm

I guess this is something else that will need a ruling then, because despite what has been said here I remain entirely unconvinced that film critic will work differently to program hosting.

I mean, it's entirely possible - netrunner templating is a bit of a mess - but it just seems odd to me that hosting mechanics would work differently from one card to the next.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Vapo

Postby Vapo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:14 pm

mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:17 pm

I would assume that Glenn Station would work the same way as programs - you put the second card on and the first gets trashed.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Well I'd assume not, so that's no good!

Trashing is pretty specified, and you can't just trash at will. You can't trash connections in Off-Campus, for instance.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Good spot on Glenn Station Vapo, I had totally forgotten about that card. Doesn't look like that has a ruling on ANCUR either.
Sound like this may need a ruling. Anyone remember what the link is for submitting requests?
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Another question about film critic - can you Aesop an agenda hosted on it?
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:09 pm

mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:14 pm

True, that's actually pretty obvious.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:07 am

pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Not sure about that. Host one on film critic and then steal a second is pretty annoying. I can't see any real situations where you'd access more than 2 agendas in one turn, except for REALLY lucky multiaccess runs.

It's a bit better for the Tag and Bag builds, but it's still awful for the janky shipment from mirrormorph awards bait possible builds.

Also Film Critic is not unique.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:30 pm

MOON MONEY!
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 am

If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”