World's 2015 Predictions

Chimpster
Site Admin

World's 2015 Predictions

Postby Chimpster » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:56 am

Come on then folks, which ID's do you think will win it? Which colours will dominate the top 16? Which ID's will be the biggest surprise in the top 16? Which Brit will take the crown? ;)
Rotage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: World's 2015 Predictions

Postby Rotage » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:31 am

Winning IDs: NEH & Kate
Surprise IDs: Nisei Division, Apex
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 pm

What counts as an ID surprise? Like can we develop a list of possible choices? Because some guesses at nationals were a lot safer than my "Silhouette" guess (which was, yes, wrong but that's not important right now) and I would have gone for some of those if I knew THEY were surprises!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:29 pm

I want same proportion of Nordics for the Worlds, so six Brits in the top 16 (including me would be great, but a tad unrealistic).

It's got to be a Plague Bearer vs Baldy Tim grudge match final hasn't it!?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Tim vs Alex final would be pretty amazing.

I think that Kate and RP will be the winning decks.

Surprise successes: Sunny and Titan
MOON MONEY!
Kesterer

Postby Kesterer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Predicting Kate to win is boring, but it's true. Top cut will be at least 50% Kate, I reckon. A few Noise will get in on variance but won't be able to take it all the way, and there will probably be at least one Val and one Andy. I seriously doubt the D&D runners are going to make a showing but Adam will be the best of them.

Corp side I've really no idea. NEH Astrobiotics will be the most represented archetype in the cut, but I'm not convinced they're going to win because of the prevalence of Kate. Haarp 24/7 kill and glaciers out of both RP and EtF will also make it, but I really can't call which will win. If I had to choose one I might go for Haarp - it destroys people who aren't prepared and can still be good against those who are.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:48 pm

I agree RP will do well and be much more represented than it has been for a while. If you can make the cut with it you're laughing because there will be so many kate and many won't be running film critic. I think for that reason the dark lord might have the best shot of the Brits, though obviously Alex, Zach et al are incredibly strong.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:35 pm

It's really hard to call.

Kate is probably going to win, but I think Andromeda, Leela and Noise are all in with a shot.

NEH Fastro is probably going to be everywhere, but RP and Butcher (of many flavours) will be more likely to win.

I think Sync is going to make a good showing.
Last edited by Brendan on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:42 pm

My ~surprise winning pairing would be Andy/RP
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 pm

I almost suggested that as a winning pair too. Andromeda with 3 R&D Interface is in a really strong spot right now I think.
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:09 pm

MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Sunny will be in the top 16, other minifactions won't be.

NBN will have a strong showing, but not necessarily NEH

Anarch will have the highest showing in the top end of the event

Alex White will win and create the card "Sunflower Seeds".

Most seen cards: hedge fund and sure gamble.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:31 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Winning IDs is a tricky one.

I'm going to go out on a minor limb and say that the winning corp will be ETF, but that the Runner will be Kate. I don't know, I feel like someone will basically play FA out of HB & use all of those annoying little HB habits to make it work.

In terms of the unexpected ID hitting the top? I'll go with Gagarin Deep Space for the corp and on the runner side I might throw in Gabe, Quetzal & Nasir all making the top 16.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:48 pm

The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Classic criminal crushes it, and I think we'll see a lot. More than people are expecting, anyway.
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:35 pm

I would say kate to win it like everyone else says, also agree that NBN will do well but can see harpsichord doing well not just NEH.

I don't expect wayland to do well or any of the new factions.

Think criminal will do better than people think since there is less of them about. Top crim ID will still be Andy though.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
mendax

Postby mendax » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Foodcoats > ETF FA at this point.
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Corp : Harpsicord
Runner: Kate

I Think a Utopia 2 placerete Kate is in the best place vs 24/7 news cycle. I do think a harpsicord kill deck will win, any deck with astro will threaten FA and the 24/7 combo is very strong.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 pm

I think PE or IG is going to be the surprise Corp deck.

Runner I'm less convinced will be anything special, but I'm going to go with Whizzard or Quetzal
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Though maybe SYNC, its just hard to get excited over yellow being good.
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”