Netrunner Mafia - BAD AT MAFIA - Los Muertos Win!

GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Netrunner Mafia - Praise the Sun! Day 4

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:22 pm

The point essentially is, what could Untitled be hiding? If he had roleclaimed Noise, or Maxx, would we have been more/less suspicious? Possibly, but that's probably a good a sell as any as we have now seen Andromeda.

I think it is possible that it is an Anarch card that would thematically feel out of place within a corp environment, and that is the cause for the lie, but would that have been the lesser or greater risk? And if so, does that not imply that other mafia players have covered up their true identities, have taken risks, and gotten away with it?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
cwoac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cwoac » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:29 pm

cwoac

Postby cwoac » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:30 pm

cwoac

Postby cwoac » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:31 pm

unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:32 pm

"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:37 pm

The problem is, we haven't hit a mafia player yet. We don't know what kind of identity they might have, and we won't until we hit one.
This pattern might be nothing, but it should at least be worth considering, because we have very limited information, and we are being presented with an inconsistency.

I actually suspect king_mob more, because after reviewing the rules on page one, I spotted "11. Every player has a named character."

Member of the Dedicated Response team is not a 'named character', as far as I am concerned.
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:41 pm

unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:49 pm

After having been damned by supposedly inappropriate flavour claim by spring I'm massively suspicious of this. If there's some behaviour you're wanting to point out I'm happy to listen, but this really smacks of spring and smack both being mafia trying to deflect the blame from guy's vote on smash.

I think I'm happy to join Guy's voting if other people are too.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Will dance for Laurie Points
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:58 pm

One of my working theories is that both of them are mafia. Their sudden cooperation following on from recent bickering seems odd.

That said let's all make sure we don't get carried away with that idea. A lot of town players were on the "It must be either Mendax or Chimpster" bandwagon so clearly the mafia players are well able to manipulate our perceptions of the game.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:12 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:23 pm

The Praetor of Jank
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Ahhhhhhh.... on one side that statement at the beginning and the fact that king is the only non named charecter makes me think he is one of our best options. But then Nem makes some good points, and as a first game that's some top class lying. 4 coincidences are unlikely.. particularly the "quote".. but then the fact that he wasn't mod killed adds suspicion back in...

All in all I am happy to add him to the list of people I am willing to lynch today if that's what we decide.
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:20 pm

I believe that Nem and Guy are both Mafia. Guy voted for me early and both are now trying to convince any Villager to vote for me so that the other 3 Mafia can pile on and lock the vote down to score the win.

There's a chance that with a Corp aligned Hunter, that a Mafia member could be Bulletproof, it's not necessarily a given that Guy is Corp aligned.
Additionally it does seem like they are both ganging up on me here.
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:20 pm

They're also entirely ignoring my statements of innocence and are not backing up their reasoning for my being Mafia.
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 am

I love how as soon as work finishes, there are practically no replies. Everyone wasting time at their jobs? :lol:
Johno

Postby Johno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 am

king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:10 am

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 am

The Praetor of Jank
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:08 am

king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”