Gold Rush Mafia - Town Win

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Day 2

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:37 am

MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Day 2

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:14 am

Yep, that's a lock and it's now twilight. Everyone may postexcept Cwoac. I'll close the day at 09:00.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Twilight Day 2

Postby Chimpster » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:57 am

Yeah, if I survive the night I'll be shocked one way or the other. Just hoping for a doctor to save me :p
Nemamiah

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Twilight Day 2

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:56 am

Irving Patterson shook his head, desperately trying to silence the shouted accusations that were flying across the saloon. How had they found out? Myra had strode in to the tavern that evening, shouting for everyone to hear about his past. She knew everything; the fire in the restaurant, the family in the car, even the priest. Each memory bought a stab of pain and regret, wounds that he thought he’d been hard enough to ignore.

Starting to sob, he pushed through the confused crowd and out of the saloon. The mood was already starting to turn nasty; he had to get away, get some space. Myra pushed out of the saloon behind him, Charlie’s short barrelled shotgun held in her hands. From the way she held it she obviously didn’t know how to use it, but he was only ten feet away and at that range she could barely miss. “You won’t cause any more death’s here, Irving!” she yelled as, with a look of fury and disgust on her face, she started to bring the weapon to bear.

Myra’s had only raised the shotgun half way when Irving’s hand flashed to his belt. In the blink of an eye he had drawn his revolver, cocked the hammer back and levelled it at Myra, his movement so fast and sure that it told of long familiarity with weapons. His finger tightened on the trigger and Myra flinched backwards, but then Irving hesitated. He didn’t want to go down this road again, couldn’t face himself if he did.

Myra looked shocked at his hesitance, unsure of what to do. But then, her face set with determination, she made up her mind. The shotgun roared and Irving flew backwards across the street, his shirt already starting to stain red with tiny blossoms of blood. A few of the townsfolk rushed over to him, but it was clearly already too late. His breath coming in ragged gasps, Irving croaked out five final words before slumping to the floor.

“You should... have... trusted... me”

Cwoac was Irving Patterson, the Gambler

Key to Character Information

Player Name | Character Name | Role | Affiliation | Equivalent Role
Cwoac | Irving Patterson | Gambler | Town | Miller/Bomb

Final Voting Position

Joey - 2 (Sixtyten, Cwoac)
Cwoac - 6 (Elvortel, Smashman, Tim the Enchanter, MartinP, Just Rob, Chimpster)

Did Not Vote - 2 (Joey, Johno,)

It is now night of Day 2; please do not post in this thread until day 3 starts. That will be in 48 hours or once all night actions have been submitted.
Johno

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Night Day 2

Postby Johno » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Zzzzzzz

(Any sign of day 3 starting?)

Zzzzzz
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:16 am

(Sorry, boring children related excuses de-railed my plans yesterday. I'm getting everything typed up at the moment; day 3 will start this morning).
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am

Charlie scowled behind the bar as the townsfolk gathered in the Dead Dog for their morning tipple of choice. The current trouble was bad for business; what with all the murdering and shooting he’d lost half his customers. Those who were left were wary, fearful, looking at each other suspiciously. They were looking around, trying to work out who was there and who wasn’t, who was looking shifty or tired.

It didn’t take long before they realised that Allie Hensman was missing. She’d drawn a lot of heat yesterday when she’d claimed that old Ivor Hawley had made her a deputy. She wasn’t really the kind you’d take for law enforcement, and it’d sounded right suspicious at the time. The consensus was that she’d been behind the trouble, and must’ve run off in the night. A few people started to relax, believing that maybe now the trouble was behind them.

That hope didn’t last for long though. A few of the townsfolk popped in to the old Sheriff’s office, wondering if Allie had pinched any valuables before she’d fled town. Instead, they found her tied to Ivor’s chair. It looked like someone had given her quite a working over, judging by the bruises and cuts marring her face. A thin, dark bruise circled her throat and her tongue lolled out of her mouth, swollen and discoloured.

The mutters and whispers started again, tinged with an extra layer of paranoia. Who could possibly be behind this? And why had they done this to poor Allie? Eyes flickering nervously, the town repaired to the saloon for a fortifying drink and another bout of accusations.

Joey was Allie Hensman, the Deputy

Key to Character Information

Player Name | Character Name | Role | Affiliation | Equivalent Role
Joey | Allie Hensman | Deputy | Town | Vanilla

It is now day 3. 5 votes are required to secure a lynch
Last edited by Nemamiah on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Noon Day 3

Postby Johno » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:30 am

Immediate reactions:
- Killing Joey makes no sense for mafia, so I think we have a hunter at work. Or a serial killer trying to help the town for now?
- Chimpster survived, presumably thanks to a doctor, which also might explain why apparently there was no mafia kill.
- Regarding yesterday's lynch, I think Chimpster's on the level, even if we subsequently missed. What do you know, Chimpster?
- Does Joey's flip suggest Sixtyten is lying? I suspect he may be a tanner if so, since otherwise his strong "counter" claim is very dangerous.

No votes yet, will wait for Chimpster to post.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:45 am

Glad someone managed to save the monkey, that's a massive plus in our favour.

My immediate gut reaction to this was to vote Sixty, but agreed that this is a strong opportunity for a Tanner play - I'd like to hear Sixty's explanation for this role flip before I ping a vote his way.

If we have a role cop as well as Chimpster, maybe it's worth piping up if you've checked Sixty at all?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:49 am

Sorry folks, actually checked out Joey last night to no avail though I wasn't actually given the results but rather was informed that I'd been blocked.

So a couple of possibilities here, either Joey used his deputy powers to jail me keeping me safe but also blocking my investigation of him or we have another jailor somewhere (unlikely).

So now the question: is sixtyten on the level?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:15 am

Ooooookay. Turns out that Joey was also a deputy and our benelovent game runner and doddery sheriff didn't bother to tell me. Clearly I look suspicious as fuck which i'm sure is the mafia's intention. Apologies to Joey/allie.

Just the 1 kill last night so either a hunter/sk has shot his wad (so to speak) or was jailed or the target was saved by a doctor/jailer.

More importantly we still haven't found a mafia player yet. I've been very suspicious of Tim. Otherwise there've been a few very quiet players around...

Not sure how to process that both Joey and Cwoac were on the level after yesterday...
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:17 am

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:23 am

Yes. I'm still the deputy. My win condition is town win and the sheriff to be dead so I can take over. Doubleaitch got taken out early so I didn't need to do anything to help my chances of winning.

Hats off to Nem for some great roles/confusion/misdirection.

Now I've shown you mine, what's your role Martin?
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:39 am

Nothing exciting I'm afraid

I'm Mayor Austin Stoker, no role/power unless I've got hidden abilities. According to my role PM I'm of a charitable nature, working tirelessly to better the town and assist the towns folk to truley make the town a better place. The gold seam is just the ticket to turn this town into a place to be proud of, to better all of us who live in the town.

(I like games with extra fluff/background - reallys adds to the experience for me :D )
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:06 pm

Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Surely sixtyten needs to die? I believed him over Joey, but his story looks seriously weak now. if this game has two characters both deputies who have totally different win conditions we should vote nemeniah
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Also note that our working theory is that the Mafia shot the sheriff but they did not shoot the deputy. I found that amusing.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:27 pm

MOON MONEY!
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:55 pm

What exactly is the rationale of voting me? Sixty has role claimed and we know someone else has that role. I sort of see the tanner worry, but this is as close to an open and shut case as you get
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:34 pm

just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:43 pm

For completeness Sixty missed the day 1 vote as did I. Smashman has also been very quite. Posting infrequently but enough to fly under my radar for sure.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Gah, I'm very undecided atm, we've once again approached that stage in the game where the town has had awful luck in early days and now has to hit a mafia player to have a hope.

Likely suspect list is pretty slim for me. Sixtyten claiming a role where the sherif has to die for him to win implies that he can't possibly be town aligned. It just doesn't seem to fit.

I'm also suspicious of tim, despite his clear preference for a sixtyten lynch, he seems to be trying to set the agenda of the vote each day. Very aggressive, though I've followed the same lines on logic so it's hard to be too critical.

Finally, I want to hear a lot more from Elvotel today, since the early pressure on him he's been a peripheral figure, hiding in the shadows. Are you responsible for Joeys death Elv? Do we once again have a misfiring hunter or a loner SK?

Knowing my luck at the moment, all of the above are probably town :roll:
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:05 pm

MOON MONEY!
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 am

Not sure where these accusations of me being quiet are coming from. A quick look over yesterday tells me that I posted 11 times, which I think is pretty active. I'm not the SK or Vig, just a loner. Seeing as I still don't know how I can find the gold, and I doubt anyone is going to tell me, I've decided to pretty much act as vanilla townie and claim a moral victory if the town wins. :)

Shame about miller cwoac, but Joey was a real shocker, I was pretty sure about him. Obviously that makes Sixtyten look bad, but why would he have lied yesterday? No real other suspicions at this point.
New corp deck - 49 snares.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”