Gold Rush Mafia - Town Win

Tim the Enchanter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Noon Day 3

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:48 am

I agree that Sixty's play was pretty ballsy if he's mafia, but it just seems so unlikely there would be two roles with identical names that are so different. Also as chimp said its a pretty brutal win condition for a supposedly town aligned player. Note that presumably a character who wants the sheriff to die is going to have a pretty dodgy sounding back story and the only 'cop' info we get is backstory rather than alignment. Given there was also Cwoac as a Miller with a dodgy but actually innocent backstory it would seem really mean of the set up if Sixty is also misleading in this way.

To Chimp above, it just seems bizarre to claim I've been particularly agressive given I agreed with you and swtiched my vote from Joey. Yes, I was pretty sure about Mendax and Joey but the evidence seemed really solid and lots of people have similar thoughts. All we have on everyone who is not sixty is vague suspicions based on language/frequency of posting, whereas sixty has role claimed a role that we know was someone else. I therefore Vote: Sixtyten and urge everyone else to do so.
Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 am

MOON MONEY!
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Be careful not to quote!
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm the man of law around here, not actually my job. Ivor made me deputy but he's senile and forgets. I do all the hard work round here. This is an opportunity: if ivor has an "accident" then i'd be sheriff. Then i can clear the town up properly.

My fluff text. No direct role quote. I'm essentially a troublemaker without getting to choose who to kill.
MOON MONEY!
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:42 pm

OK cheers for sharing Sixty. I just don't know though, as this could so easily be a cover that you came up with once Joey flipped deputy. To be honest, the only two possibilities i see now are 1)Sixty is mafia or the SK, or 2)The game is ridiculously complex (with overlapping but conflicting roles of precisely the same name, multiple decoys etc) in ways that make making inferences borderline impossible. Since if 2 is true we're all fucked, I still say we vote sixty since if he does flip mafia the town have a chance.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Charlie looked up from wiping down the bar, weary at another day of impassioned arguing that had broken out in his tavern. He much preferred the apathetic but committed drunks that had used to be his customer base. Things were getting a little heated, and he really didn't want to have to mop up yet another blood stain.

"No need to get grump, you lot. Keep it civil."

Vote Count

Tim the Enchanter - 1 (Sixtyten)
Sixtyten -1 (Tim the Enchanter)

Yet to Vote - 6 (Chimpster, Elvortel, Johno, Just_Rob, MartinP, Smashman)

5 votes to lynch
Will dance for Laurie Points
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 pm

I feel that we may not be able to truely trust sixtyten the remainder of this game. My only concern in voting for him.is if we feel he is a tanner. What do people feel about this? For now I am happy to

vote: sixtyten

but if there is enough concern that we may be hitting a tanner I will unvote.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah, think I'm going to vote: just_rob

Something is just off about his posts that I can't quite put my finger on. He's always very non committal or at least tries to sound non committal when pushing a lynch forward. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the SK rather than mafia but I think having looked back over the previous days he's number 1 in my book.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 pm

It's hard to attribute to any one post. My suspicions were raised with his weird reactions to my reveal and accusations of cwoac. He was really hesitant to vote for him but for illogical reasons (citing the speed of the bandwagon). Almost as if he knew he was town but wanted a way out if attention started to rest on him. Just feels a bit off and I am sick of debating lynches between town players - want to hit someone who is on the sidelines for once and see what happens.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:19 pm

just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Hit submit twice before I saw your reply Chimp -

I can see what you mean about my hesitation of Cwoac - but I would say I think I was correct to be hesitant not just given the speed that that Lynch train formed but the speed that it moved from one person to another. With the usual 20/20 hindsight my hesitation seems justified - obviously if I had more conviction in that at the time I should not have voted.

I'm still trying to base my decisions on players actions rather than just suspicion - Sixty revealing as a Depute when one had already done so is just too much confusion and muddying of the waters. I think this is the most important thing to deal with.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:33 pm

I really feel like voting on the basis of vague hunches or largely unjustified theories is what has failed us time and time again. I don't see the case for voting anyone but sixty. Do people really feel its likely there are two people both called 'deputy' but who have completely different win conditions/rules. I see that deputy is something there can be more than one of, but it just feels so mean as game construction. If you look at both mafia and werewolf there are always very clear differentiation between the role names, or they are the same precisely because they are related like lovers or the masons. That's really important from a game design perspective since one of the key ways the town can catch mafia is if they can be proven to have made a false role claim.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:25 pm

MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:34 am

(Advance warning; I will pause this game over Christmas for a few days. This will either be as an extended night period if a lynch is achieved in the next day or so, or an in-thread block if we're still going at 10:00pm tomorrow).
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:48 am

I think a Sixty lynch is a bad idea. I think it's unlikely he's mafia based on his actions. I think he's either tanner or town, and either way, we should keep him alive.

Happy to follow Chimpster to a lynch for now.

vote: Just_Rob

(PS. Excuse the terseness of the post)
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:00 am

Vote Count

Tim the Enchanter - 1 (Sixtyten)
Sixtyten -2 (Tim the Enchanter, Just_Rob)
Just_Rob - 2 (Chimpster, Johno)

Yet to Vote - 3 (Elvortel, MartinP, Smashman)

5 votes to lynch
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:08 am

Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:19 am

just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:31 am

Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm wondering if sixty is a 'loner', like elv.
Killing our sheriff (or hoping he's dead) doesn't seem like a very team friendly thing to do.

I think for this reason, voting for him is not a terrible idea. He needs to be dead by the end of the game and he's guaranteed to not be a townie.

Thoughts?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:20 pm

MOON MONEY!
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:03 pm

just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Obviously I agree with you Smash. I think Sixty is too much of a risk to leave alive.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:23 pm

The mafia (who know i'm town) are clearly loving this. If I do go and the town survive another night (unlikely) make sure to look back over today's posts and comments with interest.
MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”