Gold Rush Mafia - Town Win

MartinP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Noon Day 3

Postby MartinP » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm currently of the opinion that Sixty is not mafia, but I also don't believe him to be town - I suspect that he's a tanner, and we shouldn't lynch him. I don't think that we would have 2 deputys in one game, so this is the only scenario that makes sense to me.

If I'm wrong and Sixty is town as he claims, then I'm no worse off by not voting for him.

I'm going to go with my own gut feeling, after reviewing Smash's post history over the last few days, and Vote: Smashman as being fairly "lay low" over the last few days. Either he's been joining bandwagons, or going with minimal posting. Unfortuantely nothing more to back it up with, but without anything else to go on, it's all I can do
just_rob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby just_rob » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Before we close down,

Have great a great Christmas everyone!! May your stockings be filled with wonderful acrylic tokens!!!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Okay folks, that's it for the moment. No in game posting until 27th December please, though seasonal greetings like Rob's are fine.

Happy Christmas.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:25 am

Ok we're back. Hope everyone had a great Christmas, though hard to do so given how many folks in this town have been killed recently and the culprits are as slippery as greased eels
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:42 am

I could be persuaded by a Smashman lynch but I've been burned by his behaviour in the past. Sticking with rob for now, definitely need more information to go on and I'm not convinced by a Sixtyten lynch yet.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:48 am

I still feel we need to lynch sixty. I see why people are reluctant. His behaviour and posting don't seem wildly Mafia, but the role claim issue is the only hard info we've got. The case against everyone else just feels so thin.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 am

Vote Count

Tim the Enchanter - 1 (Sixtyten)
Sixtyten -2 (Tim the Enchanter, Just_Rob)
Just_Rob - 2 (Chimpster, Johno)
Smashman - 1 (MartinP)

Yet to Vote - 2 (Elvortel, Smashman)

5 votes to lynch
Will dance for Laurie Points
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:47 am

It's an incredibly aggressive mafia play though to come out and counter claim for no reason. While the role itself is suspect, it just doesn't make sense to bring that much heat onto yourself unless you thought you were doing town a favour.

I just don't see the scenario where this play makes sense for the mafia players, especially since we didn't even lynch Joey as a result.

I really believe that we're letting the mafia sit in the background while we kill each other, it's happened so much recently that I've become wary of lynching 'the likely suspect' - it hasn't worked out once in 3 games.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:03 pm

I definitely agree sixty would have been very bold to false role claim so early, and fair enough if that's the reason you and others vote someone else. However, you can't seriously be suggesting we vote against what seems the best move according to the evidence for that very reason... In fact I feel like what's really screwed us in the last games is killing based on the lack of hard evidence..
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:34 pm

I don't think there is such a thing in games like this and I think that killing sixtyten will once again yield negative results for us. I mean look at the mendax lynches over the past two games, pretty decent evidence both times with zip to show for it.

It's always the ones on the sidelines that slip past us to the end.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Fair enough, there must be more than one mafia anyway. If guys think our best plan is just to pick someone quiet and hope to get lucky then thats fine by me. And if that is the plan then voting with Chimpster seems the right way to go as I can't see how he could be mafia. So if others aren't going to go along with the sixty lynch (I still do prefer that) then i'd hit rob as well.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Gold Rush Mafia - Day 2

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:16 am

elvortel

Postby elvortel » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 am

Oh yeah, this thing! Ahem...

Aww Chimpster, and I was all set to agree with you on rob! In fact, just to show no hard feelings....

Vote: just_rob

I'm not sure why my statement is so suspicious. I have a win condition, and am not (strictly speaking) town. Therefor I was not told the town's win condition. But from the way people were talking and some thinking about the game, I got a pretty good idea of what the town's win condition was. I was merely pointing out that a mafia player may also have been able to deduce the town's win con, so talking about that as cwoac did was not necessarily a guarantee of innocence.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:13 am

I still think tim is mafia.

However the vote is going nowhere and I am suspicious of just_rob, smashman and possibly martin.

Therefore vote: just_rob to see if we can get any more info.
MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:17 am

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:22 am

Would like to hear from Smashman before the vote locks, anything to add sir?
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Wow! A suddenly lynch train has formed very very fast. This is the same problem we have had before. I've done nothing bar help the town at every point - I haven't thrown mud around nor have I thrown votes around easily. I can't believe that we are going to let sixty off the hook here!

The fact that Chimp jumped ship from me when it wasn't looking like a vote going through and he immediately jumps on me when someone else votes is worrying and suspicious. Trying to vote for the town to lynch someone on the sidelines is how we lose these games time and time again. What if Chimp is mafia?

If we arent going to vote for sixty then perhaps we need to look at Chimpster himself.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:28 pm

MOON MONEY!
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:14 pm

just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Smashman

Postby Smashman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:15 pm

The monkey is currently assumed to be town because of cwoac's saying he believed the accuracy of Chimp's role due to his correct investigation.

Now of course it could have all been a big weird play. We have no idea if cwoac, who is 'ex-mafia', is actually in league with Chimpster. But that is admittedly a long shot.

Regarding Elv, I don't think that post was particularly weird. It made sense.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:22 pm

It would be a long shot smashman. Perhaps an alternate win condition for the mafia to kill their former employee? And the towns folk?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:32 pm

just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Hmmmm. Ok if that were true then this is a positibility:
And please only just a theory.

Chimp is Mafia with a role identification power - the only way for mafia to find the miller.

Mafia have to kill the miller either through lynch or night kill and outnumber the townsfolk.

It would still make sense for the mafia to try and steer us onto the miller as it means they don't "waste" a night kill on them. And a cop reveal identifying a miller is normally a sure fire lynch.

Given we have an additional win condition of finding the seam and survive I would think it makes sense for the mafia to also have an aditional win condition.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”