Rhino Hero :: How To Grow Community

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pete

Rhino Hero :: How To Grow Community

Postby Pete » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:24 pm

I love Rhino Hero! It's a great game that combines dexterity with a wonderful theme.

Ever since James championed the game to me I'm all in! Look at the unbridled joy on James's face in this action shot from our recent game. (Sorry, James's face is a bit blurry.)

Sadly, I'm finding it hard to excite anyone else in the game. It's like they see the words "rhino" and "[super] hero" and think "dull." I'm the total opposite... it's a sweet rhino in tights! How cool is that? Pretty damn cool!

How do I interest folk in Rhino Hero and subsequently grow the community so that we can have regular weekly Rhino Hero nights as well as Store Championships and monthly tourneys? If you've done this sort of thing with Netrunner or Conquest or a game like that I'd appreciate your advice.

P.S. You may wish to substitute "Game of Thrones" for Rhino Hero in the above text. It's really GoT that I'm interested in :P
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rhino Hero :: How To Grow Community

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 am

I've been interested in Rhino Hero since Shut Up and Sit Down recommended it on one of their podcasts. Looks like fun.

As far as Game of Thrones goes, I'd start by putting posters up in your local store/starting a facebook group/starting a meetup group/ bringing it along to netrunner evenings and see if you can teach people how to play.

See if your local store want to run some events or offer to do a teaching session which they then promote.

If you build it, they will come.
MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”