Discworld Mafia - Game Over! The City and sixtyten win!

elvortel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Discworld Mafia - Game Over! The City and sixtyten win!

Postby elvortel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:24 pm

“When dragons belch and hippos flee
My thoughts, Ankh-Morpork, are of thee
Let others boast of martial dash
For we have boldly fought with cash
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes
We own all your generals - touch us and you'll lose.

Morporkia! Morporkia!
Morporkia owns the day!
We can rule you wholesale
Touch us and you'll pay."
- We Can Rule You Wholesale, Ankh-Morpork National Anthem.
Composed by Count Henrik Shline von Überwald (born 1703, died 1782, also died 1784, 1788, 1791, 1802, 1804, 1807, 1808, 1821, 1830, 1861, finally staked 1872)

A new day dawns slowly on the great city-state of Ankh-Morpork. Times are good for the city. Improvements are being made, slowly but surely, as each new innovation is assimilated by the populace, which is growing ever more diverse.

There are those who do not like this change.

The city is rocked by the news that Rufus Drumknott, chief clerk to Lord Vetinari, has been assassinated in the night. Those in the know sense that this is simply the opening move in a much larger game of murder and mayhem. Those responsible must be stopped. They must be found out!

The usual rules apply, including no quoting from PMs. We’ve all been here before. Wikipedia and the L-Space wiki (http://wiki.lspace.org/) may be useful for those players unfamiliar with the setting looking for inspiration or character background..

Players:
1. unitled
2. Nemamiah
3. mendax
4. Sixtyten
5. MartinP
6. Cerberus
7. cwoac
7a. Chimpster
9. Tim
10. Johno
11. just_rob
12. DoubleAitch
13. Smashman
14. Lord_Reynardine

It is now Day 1. With 14 players alive, 8 votes are required to lynch.
Last edited by elvortel on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 am, edited 10 times in total.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Tim the Enchanter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Discworld Mafia - Trouble in Ankh-Morpork - Day 1

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:25 pm

vote:mendax
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Bugger that.

Vote: Smashman
Will dance for Laurie Points
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Welp.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Should we all be voting for another person until we get to a Mexican standoff ;)

Day 1 lottery is back!
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 pm

So, just to clarify, mine was a joke vote referencing our long term trend of lynching Mendax day one. I now vote:unvote and wait to see if anyone has any info they'd like to share. This doesn't feel like a game in which the flavour will tell us much to me, though perhaps thats just my message. I love the theme though!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Poor old Rob :P We'll be buggered if he actually is mafia this time!

I think that we need to mirror our success as much as possible from the last game and avoid getting tunnel vision on 'key' suspects. Let's keep pressuring quieter players, the more information out there the better!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Lets start this all off again then. Since I satisfied my bloodlust for Joey last time (and he's not playing) I won't fire off any vote calls just yet. I wonder if anyone's playing as DEATH...
MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 pm

So I saw Tim's vote and started swearing at my laptop.

I don't have any special infomation to share here, so I guess this is just a comment to confirm that I do in fact exist.
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Lord_Reynardine

Postby Lord_Reynardine » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello all,

I've missed a few, so you may have to catch me up if references to previous games are of any significance.

Will have very little internet tomorrow, so I won't be in contact unless the 3G gods shine on me (4G would be beyond my wildest dreams).

Do we not just vote Mendax anymore? I thought Tim was serious?! :lol:
Find me elsewhere: , , .
unitled

Postby unitled » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:10 am

I didn't even notice this starting! I'm not willing to rule flavour out as a factor yet, unlike foul ole' Tim, and I'd suggest anyone who doesn't know Discworld well doesn't suddenly come out and claim to be Lord Downey!

Happy to wait and see who is quiet and vote their way. I'm determined not to get sidetracked this time by the people arguing and keep an eye on who lurks posting 'just enough'.

Another friendly reminder to people who don't have them to grab an avatar to make it easier to see who is whom!

Good luck everyone!
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Johno

Postby Johno » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:56 am

Morning fellas!

I'm listening out for people putting their foot in their mouths again...

(j/k Elvortel, please don't modkill me!)

Has anyone not yet checked in?
Johno

Postby Johno » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:59 am

More relevant perhaps: does anyone have any idea who the bad guys will be? I know the Discworld has vampires/werewolves/witches etc, as well as crime syndicates, but as far as I know all, all of these "factions" are on the side of the city really (hilariously so for the Thieves' Guild etc). Any obvious city antagonists that we could look out for flavour-wise?
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:08 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:30 am

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:36 am

I suspect from the flavour and my own role that we're Ankh Morpork based rather than the Uberwalds. Probably nobles upto mischief, we need the watch on the case!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 am

Agreed. The worst case scenario would be a hitherto unknown conspiracy which several notable but unlinked people (Mr Boggis, Vimes, Lord Rust and the Dean, for example) belong to.

My background, by the way, tells me nothing about who may be behind the trouble. Actually, it hints that they may be important people, but that's an inference from me.
Johno

Postby Johno » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 am

Yeah, I think the intro post alone suggests we're probably looking at almost exclusively the Ankh-Morpork family of characters.
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:15 pm

MOON MONEY!
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 pm

Alive, at work very busy and just saw we started on my lunch break!. Will catch up and post more this evening.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm a bit out of touch with modern discworld, but have read a fair bit in my youth.

I massively agree that flavour seems important, my role had loads of it. I know we need to watch out for a curve ball but hopefully getting a mafia kill could lead us to a group. In this dreamed up situation it would make reveals easier to validate. Though the universe is so full of great characters I don't imagine it will be hard to blag in this one.

I'd be interested to hear why Tim thought flavour wasn't important, as based on what everyone else said about their roles it seemed important / deep / interesting.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm going to kick things off with an admission.

My name is Moist and I'm addicted to the rush of danger.
This has led to a chequered past that may become apparent to anyone digging where they shouldn't be.
However I can assure you that I am now a reformed citizen of Ankh-Morpork and have its best interests at heart.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Ooh, interesting. Moist certainly fits the 'Miller' role, so this makes sense flavour wise.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”