Discworld Mafia - Game Over! The City and sixtyten win!

MartinP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Discworld Mafia - Trouble in Ankh-Morpork - Day 1

Postby MartinP » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 am

I don't think I can sit back with Smash being so obtuse and not vote for him. At first I thought he perhaps was hiding a power role, but now it's too suspicious not to lynch him.

Vote: Smashman
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 am

Fine. Smashman has been and gone without posting, and as I said before an unhelpful town player is almost as bad as a mafia player.

Vote: Smashman
Will dance for Laurie Points
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:58 am

That is a lock. Everyone may post apart from Smashman. I will start Night 1 shortly.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am

So, let's quickly talk investigating stuff for those that can. My personal preference would be to look in to a couple of the quieter people (Unitled and Tim would be my short list). Anyone else got people that they think it's worth checking?
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:20 am

Incase the lynch ends up bad I would recommend checking DoubleAitch. (Not because I suspect you double, but it is the logical check I feel)
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:26 am

DON'T CHECK DOUBLEAITCH.

If he's telling the truth he's the miller and will show up as being a bad guy. If he's lying he'll be a bad guy and show up accordingly. Investigating him is almost certainly therefore a waste of time, unless you have some sort of subtle investigatory power that would prove he is or isn't the Miller.
Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:27 am

I'll be surprised if he flips mafia personally, I think the claim was very reasonable. I think the lynch went through for stubbornness more than anything, and possibly also a lack of viable alternatives. The only real point in the pro-mafia argument for me was just how long it took. You'd think mafia members could have hammered it easily enough. If he flips town, I think we can presume that there were multiple mafia with votes already placed on him.

Just my thoughts before night.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:37 am

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 am

I feel he may flip town but kinda was his own worst enemy.

I'm also not convinced that mafia will have voted for him, he did so much damage to himself it could be frustrated town folk!
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:41 am

It's hard to kill a wizard.

Even now, long after the days of Dead Men's Pointy Shoes, the habits of old die hard, and wizards are constantly on the look out for those out to improve their standing at the University via opening up old positions. The coming of Archchancellor Ridcully was a major factor in reducing this practice, mostly due to him being even harder to kill than most wizards. Some attribute this to his great magical abilities. Those who know him better point to his habit of always being armed with a crossbow.

The assassin knew that this would be a difficult job. But he had done his research, and knew what must be done.

It was dinnertime, and Ridcully was tucking in to his sixth course of the evening. After several rounds of appetisers, starters, and the fish course, it was time for the main, which meant it was time to crack out the Wow Wow Sauce*.

The bottle smoked as it was opened, and the other wizards leaned away, but Ridcully happily splashed the potent substance onto his meal. It only took a few bites before he knew something was wrong. It only took a few seconds more before he fell face first into his meal.

The assassin watched from the shadows. The will of the city was done.

----

Summary

Player | Character | Allegiance | Power
Smashman | Archchancellor Mustrum Ridcully (DThau, DM, BS, DMn, DG, DD, DMPhil, DMS, DCM, DW & BEIL) | City | Could not change vote

Night 1 Begins Now. No talking in the thread. Night 1 will last until 11am on Thursday 21st or when all night actions have been sent in.

*Invented by an uncle of Mustrum Ridcully, its ingredients include grated wahoonie, asafoetida, scumble, sulphur and saltpetre. It is a highly unstable substance and believed to be responsible (when combined with a charcoal biscuit and an after-dinner pipe) for the elder Ridcully's explosive death.
elvortel

Re: Discworld Mafia - A Wizard is Sometimes Late - Night 1

Postby elvortel » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:54 am

"We bankrupt all invaders,
We sell them souvenirs,
We ner ner ner ner ner ner by the ears,
Er ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner,
Ner ner ner ner ner ner, ner ner ner ner ner,
Ner your gleaming swords, we mortgaged to the hilt.

Morporkia! Morporkia!
Ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner
We can rule you wholesale
Credit where it's due."
- We Can Rule You Wholesale, Ankh-Morpork National Anthem, Second Verse.

Moist von Lipwig had got a long way in his life by being nondescript and nonthreatening. People liked him, and so people let him get away with things that they perhaps should not have. This had led him to a life of modest success as a con artist* and then by a series of perplexing events to being placed in charge of the Post Office and then the Royal Mint. Things were going well.

Until he bumped into Carcer. An out-and-out bastard, thief and murderer, he had been hounding the people of Ankk-Morpork for some time. It is said that men have an angel on one shoulder and a demon on the other. He had two demons, egging each other on. And he always had another knife.

Carcer decided that the high flying Mr Lipwig would make a good target for one of those knives. It didn't take much effort to track him down, the man had made himself a shining beacon in the city. It took even less time to finish him off.

Carcer looked down at the body and smiled. He turned away, Moist von Lipwig already fading from his mind. The crossbow bolt between the eyes came as a complete surprise.

The assassin fled over the rooftops.

----

Summary

Player | Character | Allegiance | Power
DoubleAitch | Moist von Lipwig | City | Miller
Chimpster | Carcer | Neutral | Serial Killer

Day 2 begins now. Night discussion must cease. With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to secure a lynch.

GM Note: Spectators wishing to join some form of spectator thread should PM me to receive a link.

*if you don't count the unfortunate 'being hanged' business
Nemamiah

Re: Discworld Mafia - Karma sometimes works out - Day 2

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 am

Always a pleasure to wake up on day 2.

So it looks pretty clear to me that Chimpster killed Aitch, and the bad guys then killed Chimpster. There's little to no reason for killing Chimpster that I can see, so I think it's a lie low tactic from the bad guys. I don't know whether the crossbow will be relevant, but time will tell...

Anyone get anything over night that will make this day easy?
unitled

Postby unitled » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 am

It's hard to get too upset over this, the 'miller' is the best townie to lose, and obviously no-one wants the serial killer running round (I remember the wholescale Townie slaughter wreaked by just_rob previously...).

I'll take a look over Chimp's posts and see who he was casting nasturtiums on, but as Nem says likely a 'lay low' move from the mafia.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:15 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:21 am

Yeah, it's a shame to lose Aitch (and not just because he got killed night one last time, either). He was the only one of you lot that I really thought I could trust...

But in general that wasn't too bad a night for us. I'll take a look at the voting patterns and see if there's anything we can glean from them; it's likely too early, but you never know.
unitled

Postby unitled » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:22 am

Johno

Postby Johno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:23 am

unitled

Postby unitled » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:39 am

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Frankly I think we've done ok overnight. Losing a Miller is no bad thing and backs up Double's reveal. Losing the serial killer is a real bonus and Chimpster does love to stir things up.

Of course the question is where to go from here?
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:07 pm

cwoac

Postby cwoac » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:31 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Johno

Postby Johno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 pm

So since we had a miller and a serial killer, is it safe to assume no more than 3 mafia members?

I'm waiting for everyone to check in before starting to vote, in case anyone has information from night 1 they'd like to bring forward.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Yeah, definitely no more than three unless Elvortel has taken a massive and irrational dislike to us. It could theoretically be two, but that's pretty optimistic.

Having pondered this a bit, we didn't actually learn a massive amount from day 1. Smash practically lynched himself by refusing to actually partake in the game. However.....we've learnt that flavour definitely matters. Claiming as Carcer would have immediately led us to lynch Chimpster, so he would have had to lie. Maybe the mafia are in the same boat?

I think ideally we'd have done it day 1, but I'm still all in favour of a flavour claim on day 2.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”