Computer games - What are you playing?

unitled
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Computer games - What are you playing?

Postby unitled » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:34 pm

I noticed a few what are you watching/listening to/eating type threads, but not one about games. Surely there's a crossover in the players of a cyberpunk card game and video & PC games?

Anyone playing any good games at the moment? How about relevant cyberpunk/hacking games?

I've just picked up Darkest Dungeon (I kickstarted it yonks ago, and played a bit in early access, but it's finally out!), that's great! So atmospheric, great to look at, and honestly probably worth it just for Wayne June's narration.

For people who want something more Netrunner relevant, Hacknet is pretty good. More like a puzzle game really, it does a good job of making you feel like a Hollywood hacker.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Lord_Reynardine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Computer games - What are you playing?

Postby Lord_Reynardine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:22 pm

I'm about to finish fixing/upgrading my PC, which will allow me to game with it. I've loads on my Steam account to play. Interested in others recommendations. Darkest Dungeon is on my wishlist.

I've been playing the Mass Effect series on PS3; not exactly a cutting edge recommendation, but I've been loving it.
Find me elsewhere: , , .
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:44 pm

Love to when I have the time which is more than a little limited of late!

Always enjoy blowing up stuff in my Vulture on Elite Dangerous. I wish I had this game in my care free youth, Frontier 2 was the game that really made me fall in love with PC gaming.

Also thinking about starting Planescape again at the moment in view of getting pumped about Numenara, may reinstall it on the laptop :)
unitled

Postby unitled » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:51 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:00 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:29 pm

Most recently i have played President:Infinity and that tends to be the game I drop into at the very rare times i have a hankering to PC game.

Otherwise I tend to either try and get my head into one of those ludicrously huge grand strategy Paradox games, or I replay one of the Baldur's Gate series.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
unitled

Postby unitled » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:23 am

elvortel

Postby elvortel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Rock. Band. 4. Always.

Also still plugging through Fallout 4 when I have the time. Played through Pony Island a few days ago, which is pretty damn great.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:14 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:33 am

Pillars is good but doesn't quite scratch the Baldur's Gate itch. I don't know why.

My favourite game right now is Invisible Inc. I think I'd describe it as a cross between X-Com and Netrunner.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:37 am

unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:27 am

Pillars really did it for me. Interesting that a lot of you found it a bit lacking! I played through the BG1 & 2 EE recently and thought it compared favourably.

On the other hand... I'm not interested in Fallout 4, despite being a massive fan of the franchise. I found Fallout 3 to be a really hollow and ultimately soulless experience, and everything I've heard about the new one indicates it's like Fallout 3 but MORE so. I am intrigued to play the Witcher 3, though. I enjoyed Witcher 2, and everyone says they've really nailed it with this third one.

Another slightly guilty pleasure... I'm really looking forward to Hitman. I've been a fan of the franchise since the very first one, and (like I say every time) this is DEFINITELY going to be the time they get it right.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:36 am

They already got Hitman right when they made Blood Money. That one was basically perfect. Not optimistic for the new one.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 am

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Totally picked up xcom 2 for 24 quid yesterday, can't wait to install it and not play it for at least a month :p

Uuggh
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Yep, me the same mate, just waiting for the key and install it only to not play it :(

It does look excellent though!
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:11 pm

My top 5 games at present:

1) Bloodborne
2) this joke repeats for the next 4 points
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:42 am

Currently playing:

1) The Witness
2) Assasin's Creed: Syndicate
3) Fallout 4
4) Helldivers
5) X-com 2 (in my dreams)
MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:28 pm

unitled

Postby unitled » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Remember to add me when you can a mo!

Still loving Darkest Dungeon here, though I'm guessing everyone is getting on the XCOM2 bandwagon...
massisi

Postby massisi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:53 pm

These days I'm playing a lot of dota but certainly hoping to pick up Xcom 2 at some point, also Dirt Rally is a fantastic rally sim which I haven't spent nearly enough time playing and one day I'll get round to finishing dark souls II
Sometimes you just need a brain in a jar
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:20 pm

I really need to stop playing League of Legends...seriously, I'm not even sure I enjoy the game anymore.

Gonan pick up Xcom 2 when my wallet recovers from buying into a new CCG.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:26 am

Hitman is my latest obsession, it's picked up some flack for the 'always online' requirement, but I'm finding it really good. Eagerly awaiting Episode 2 at the moment which should drop towards the end of April!

Also, along with many of the Slackers, I've got an ongoing love of Stardew Valley. It's just bloomin' lovely. Just about to get married in the game, can see myself already needing a bigger house for the family...!
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:41 am

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:33 am

My Vive is arriving today! Eeeeeeee

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”