Mafia Mafia - Game Over! FBI Win!

elvortel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mafia Mafia - Game Over! FBI Win!

Postby elvortel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:53 pm

It is a fine day. You know it is a fine day, because you have all made it your business over the last few years to make every day fine for yourselves. And business has never been better.

You are all members of a family. A family that is bound, not always by blood, but by loyalty. And a family that yes, may be considered to be involved in less than legitimate activities. Some may call you the Mafia. You just consider yourselves to be in the business of giving people what they want. Sometimes by force.

This fine day is ruined by the discovery of the Don, dead. The discovery is made worse by a note, pinned to his desk by a dagger. It says "Times are changing."

Distrust fills the room. This must have been an inside job. Someone is making a power grab. Something has to be done. More people will have to die. But first, there is the small matter of the Don’s replacement.

Special Rules
As you can see, everyone is technically Mafia. Some of you are more Loyal than others, however.

Roleplaying is not required, but is encouraged. Get your mafia/noir voices going!

IMPORTANT: On Day 1 there will be no lynch. Instead, you will be voting on a player to become the temporary Don until the situation is resolved. This player will have their votes count as double on future days. Once a majority vote has been reached, the night phase will begin.

Standard Rules:

The game has two phases, Day and Night. During the Day phase, players post in this thread and discuss the game. Players vote on who to lynch each day (apart from Day 1, see above) and once a majority vote has been reached, that player is removed from the game and the Night phase begins.

In the Night phase, Disloyal players may talk with each other before sending me a decision as to their night actions. Any other players with night actions also message me at this time. Once all actions are in, the next day begins.

This continues until a victory condition is met.

Final Notes:
Do not edit your posts! Important! Double posting is fine if you decide you have something more to say.

Do not quote from your role PM. This makes it too easy to verify people’s allegiance.

Vote in this format Vote: playername. The bold, colon and space are important. To change or retract your vote, use Changevote: playername/No Vote.

Good luck.

The Players:
1. MartinP | Scum | FBI
2. Lord_Reynardine | Vanilla | Loyal
3. springogeek
4. DoubleAitch | Vanilla | Loyal
5. Unitled | Vanilla | Loyal
6. Sixtyten | Scum | Backstabbing Traitors
7. Nemamiah | Scum | Backstabbing Traitors
8. Cenedra | Scum | FBI
9. tolaasin | Sawbones | Loyal
10. GuyCliquil | Scum | Backstabbing Traitors
11. Chimpster | Vanilla | Loyal
12. mendax | Vanilla | Loyal
13. just_rob | Vanilla | Loyal
14. Smashman
15. Phoenix
16. cwoac | Snitch | Loyal
17. Cerberus
18. Tim | Vanilla | Loyal
19. Joey | Capo | Loyal

It is now Day 1. 10 Votes are required to elect a Don.
Last edited by elvortel on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:38 am, edited 12 times in total.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
elvortel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mafia Mafia - Death and Politics

Postby elvortel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Please make sure that you read the important rule change for Day 1 in the first post.
tolaasin

Re: Mafia Mafia - Death and Politics

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:00 pm

rule question - do we work to actual time? If so, when does day become night?
elvortel

Re: Mafia Mafia - Death and Politics - Day 1

Postby elvortel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Day and night are abstract game concepts. Night will fall when a majority vote has been reached.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 pm

greetings everyone. As with so much in life, this is a new experience.
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Picking at random, I think it would be interesting for one of our newest and therefore the most objective mafia members to become the new Don, unaffected by old rivalries, bad blood or previous history.

With that in mind, I Vote: Cenedra
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:10 pm

I'm good with that

Vote: Cenedra
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:10 pm

So vote for me obviously ;)
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Ciao.

So, interesting and welcome day one rule change... it's flipped the normal priority on its head. I would imagine the rats will be keen to get one of their own elected Don, the rest of us want someone calm, logical and methodical. I'd lean maybe towards Sixtyten or Johno on first brush, but keen to wait until more people have checked in with their thoughts.

And then... blood will be spilled, brothers and sisters. This can't go unpunished.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Question: do the disloyal players know before the first night phase who they all are?
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:20 pm

You should have received a PM with your role, saying whether you're loyal or disloyal. I would strongly advise checking that. But yes, traditionally the bad guys know who they all are beforehand. As with everything, specific roles can override the standard rules of the game.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Also, Vote: Cenedra in the hopes that she then won't use both votes to kill me.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 pm

My brothers, my brothers, this is a dark day indeed.

I'm sure we're all in agreement that our don, our leader, our patriach, is irreplaceable and anybody foolish enough to try and take on that mantle is sending themselves to slaughter...but somebody has to do it so therefore:

Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Also, Mendax, you should be so lucky :p
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 pm

And i was going to make my usual rounds collecting protection racket money, when some wise guys mess over the don!

Heads need to roll for this, but right now leadership is key. Currently have no major preference, though you're welcome to elect myself if you like.

Dont fancy electing Chimpster though ;) he's bound to spend his time as Don wasting it in the bath watching Netrunner :P
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops in the ocean are dirty the ocean does not become dirty. We will end this murderous scum.

For the time being, however, I'll jump on the bandwagon and Vote Cenedra.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Hello folks, business as usual? vote: mendax.

Wait? What! New Mechanics?!!!

Sounds cool. vote:cenedra to get some don action on!
MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Apologies: changevote: cenedra
MOON MONEY!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Heya... whatcha doin' to me man? We gonna vote for the newcomer?

Hey.... youdda boss Vote:Cenedra
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:52 am

Just realised I invalidated my vote by not following the rules of bold

Needless to say

Lord_Reynardine

Postby Lord_Reynardine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:34 am

Sheesh, slow down! Everybody happy to jump on this, and we don't even stop 'n' think? Are you kidding me here?! I think we needs to at least consider the fact that our pal "spring" here might be a quick thinking, murdering scumbag, and we've all just followed the piper off the cliff. Capiche?

I'm not even sayin' they are that sorta two-bit traitor, just let's have a discussion before we make this newbie el padron. No offence, kid.
Find me elsewhere: , , .
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 am

I was wondering who would be first to crack ;)

Yes this could be a disloyal plot to put a puppet into a major role. On the other hand I like the idea of someone who hasn't been involved in one of these games before getting this power role as previous play will not inform their decisions (hopefully). I like this extra layer and potentially interesting start to the game. Frankly I'd be dubious about handing the role to some of you lot after previous experience. Lord R, you've claimed not to know what the godfather role does before ;) (yes, yes it was a different role)

Also there's loads of us this time. Any decision making will take a while.

Happy to stick with my vote at present.
MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 am

Lord_Reynardine

Postby Lord_Reynardine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 am

Find me elsewhere: , , .
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:42 am

Don's dead? Not Don the Don, surely? Don!!!

So, this is an interesting twist to the usual day one shenanigans. At first glance, I'd suggest it gives us an advantage, because we get a day to get some information and voting patterns flowing without having to lynch someone (which would typically end with a loyalists death on day 1 due to probability and stuff). I'd therefore back Lord Reynardine's point; let's not rush straight through this and just pick the same person, because it'll get us less information in the long run.

In fact, he's talking such good sense that I'll Vote: Lord Reynardine

A couple of other points to consider. Double voters are pretty powerful, so it would be sucky if The Backstabbing Traitors (as I'm now calling the scum that are too scummy to be regular scum) managed to wrangle their way in to power. That means that there probably is meaningful information to be gained here, but it probably won't be useful for a day or two. Finally, the New Don (or Donette) will be a natural target, so we might want to plan around protecting whoever we 'elect'.
Will dance for Laurie Points

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”