Let's play One Night Ultimate Werewolf - like Mafia but quicker!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Let's play One Night Ultimate Werewolf - like Mafia but quicker!

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:43 am

Did you enjoy mafia but felt that it dragged on too long? Want to play the same game, but shorter? Then you want to play One Night Ultimate Werewolf, where you only have to play for one turn!

I'll be using the standard One Night Ultimate Werewolf rules from the table-top game, though the precise make-up of the roles won't be finalised until I've got a firm player count.

If you haven't played this game before, the basic format is:

1. There's a fixed list of characters. Everyone knows exactly what those characters are and what they do, and they're typically divided in to town and villager roles.
2. Everybody is secretly given a character. Three of the characters are discarded in to the middle of the table.
3. Everyone looks at their character. Congratulations, you now know who you are!
4. Characters carry out their night actions, in a pre-determined order. These can give out information, move characters around and generally cause confusion and a kerfuffle.
5. You don't get to look at your character again. You might not be who you started the night as.
5. It's day time! Everyone has a very short period (in the tabletop game it's five minutes, but I'll probably run it as a week in this format) to try and pick apart what has happened overnight.
6. At the end of the day, everyone secretly votes for another person to lynch. All people on the most votes (as long as they've received at least two votes) get lynched.
7. If at least one werewolf was lynched, the town win. If no werewolves were lynched and there's one in play, the wolves win. If no werewolf was lynched and there's none in play (because they're all in the middle of the table) then the town wins and everyone wonders what all the fuss was about.
8. Whether you win or lose depends on which character you end up with, not what you started as. Think on your feet!
9. The end.

For this first foray in to the game I'll try to keep things relatively straightforward, so I'll use a fairly standard set of roles and I'll limit the number of players to 10. First come, first served; please reply below if you want to play. If you have questions, confustications or insults please fling them in my direction.

Cast of confused villagers:

1. Too keen to be a wolf (Elvortel)
2. Too new to be a wolf (Tolaasin)
3. Too troublesome to be a wolf (Chimpster)
4. Was evil last time, can't be a wolf this time (MartinP)
5. Too reluctant to be a wolf (Cerberus)
6. Too cheerful to be a wolf (Cenedra)
7. Too mercenary to be a wolf (Rotage)
8. Too numerate to be a wolf (DoubleAitch)
9. Too grumpy to be a wolf (Mendax)
10. Last to register, must be a wolf by default (Unitled)
Last edited by Nemamiah on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Will dance for Laurie Points
elvortel

Re: Let's play One Night Ultimate Werewolf - like Mafia but quicker!

Postby elvortel » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:44 am

Yes me good pls.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:05 pm

I've never played mafia before but count me in
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Bagsie troublemaker!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:11 pm

It's been too long since I came down with Lycanthropy ;) Count me in.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:21 pm

A short game... oh fine, go on...
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Yes please! :D
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Never played one of these before, but will give it a go :)
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:16 pm

@rotage - I tried that strategy in my last game, it didn't go well.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 am

Count me in please.
mendax

Postby mendax » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:35 am

Count me in
unitled

Postby unitled » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:05 am

Oooh, love me some one night werewolf, interested how it'll work in forum form! Count me in please :)
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:25 am

Okay, that's ten. I'll get a complete player list and roles up this evening, leave a window for questions and the like, then distribute stuff on Sunday or Monday.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:28 am

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:56 am

Sorry for the delay, real life (i.e. no werewolves involved) was busy this weekend. I'll get everything started this morning.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:29 am

Whoops: completely missed this.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:02 am

Eh, they're fairly quick and easy. Assuming there's an appetite I can always do more.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”