One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:22 am

Okay, so here's all the information that you need to play. The roles being used are:

2 Werewolves (Wolf aligned, no ability)
Minion (Wolf aligned, knows who the wolves are. Villagers don't win if they lynch the minion)
2 Masons (Village aligned, know who each other are)
Seer (Village aligned, may look at cards)
Paranormal Investigator (Village aligned, may look at cards but may change alignment)
Robber (Village aligned, swaps cards with another player)
Troublemaker (Village aligned, swaps two other player's cards)
Drunk (Village aligned, swaps with one of the middle cards)
Insomniac (Village aligned, looks at their card at the end of the night)

Tanner (Nominally village aligned, hates his job and wants to die. Only wins if he's lynched)
Bodyguard (Village aligned, whoever they vote for can't be lynched. If that person gets the most votes, whoever has the next most votes gest lynched instead)

Everyone will get one card at the start of the night, and the other three will be in the middle of the table. For the sake of consistent nomenclature, these will be called the Right middle, Centre middle and Left middle cards.

The night phase will go as follows. This is in order, and please note the use of the word 'may' to indicate when the ability is optional:

1. The Werewolves learn which players are wolves. If there is only one wolf in play, they may look at one of the three middle cards.
2. The Minion learns who the wolves are.
3. The Masons learn which players are masons. If there is only one mason in play, the other must be in the three middle cards.
4. The Seer may either look at another player's card, or any of the centre cards.
5. The Paranormal Investigator may look at up to two other players' cards. If he sees a Werewolf or Tanner, then he becomes that role and may not look at any other cards.
6. The Robber may exchange their card with that of another player, then look at their new card.
7. The Troublemaker may swap the cards of two other players (neither card may be their own, and they don't get to look at the cards).
8. The Drunk swaps their card with one of the three centre cards.
9. The Insomniac looks at their own card.

If it ever becomes important, the player order (the imaginary seating plan) will be a circle based on order of registration, with left to right as follows:

1. Elvortel
2. Tolaasin
3. Chimpster
4. MartinP
5. Cerberus
6. Cenedra
7. Rotage
8. DoubleAitch
9. Mendax
10. Unitled

So Unitled is to the right of Mendax and the left of Elvortel.

Night actions and votes will be carried out by PM. The day phase will last for seven days, but if it's clear that that's nowhere near long enough I may extend the time period.

I'll leave a brief window for anyone to ask any questions before I distribute roles this afternoon.
Last edited by Nemamiah on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Pre-Night Phase

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:32 am

One quick clarification:

You carry out your night action based on the role that you started as, even if it's been changed by some troublesome type.

Whether you win and lose is based on the role that you end up with, not the role that you started as. So if you began the night as the Tanner but end it as a Wolf, you no longer want to die. This is especially important for the Bodyguard, as their ability will belong to whichever player ended up with it.
Nemamiah

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Night Phase

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:47 am

It was night in Badluck Falls, and the villagers slept uneasily in their beds. It had been a rough week. It had all started when the weird stranger had passed through. He'd paid good money to stay at the inn and had seemed friendly enough at first, but he was a bit hairy. And Jost the Innkeeper said he'd had this weird habit of howling in his room at night, like he'd repeatedly stubbed his toe or something. Most of the villagers were glad when he left.

But that's when the trouble started. Two of Mother Goose's chickens disappeared next night, with nothing left but some smears of blood and a trail of feathers. Folk muttered about foxes. Chastity, the blacksmith's ill-named daughter, was out for a moonlight stroll with a local lad when they were startled by a huge beast, which chased them back to the village. Folk whispered about wolves or claimed that the boy had been exaggerating to save his dignity. Then next evening the local masonic lodge, due to hold a meeting that very night, was broken in to. Something smashed up all the furniture and ate all the good biscuits, leaving a tell-trail paw print in the mud outside the door. Folk stared at the paw-print, looked up at the full moon, put two and two together, and came to a startling conclusion; the stranger had been a werewolf! And he'd probably infected some of the local villagers, for some bizarre and inscrutable reason.

A hasty meeting was convened, and the villagers decided that it was important to send a message to their fallen friends; werewolves would not be tolerated in Badluck Falls! Realising that stringing up one of their number based on little more than conjecture was perhaps a tad rash, the villagers resolved to wait until tomorrow to do so. And so they beat a hasty retreat to their houses, locked the doors, gathered whatever silver they could find, and prepared for the next day.

It is now night time. All players will be sent a PM confirming their role, and if applicable asking what night action they want to take. The day will begin once all night actions have taken place and the results have been confirmed.
Nemamiah

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 am

The villagers of Badluck Falls woke up, and grimly reached for the coils of rope, crystal balls, books of masonic hand symbols and home brewed scrumpy that they'd need to get them through the day. Because today, someone was going to get strung up.

Hopefully a werewolf.

It is now day time. The day will last for no more than one week; it will end at 09:00 on Tuesday 3rd May.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:16 am

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO IN THIS GAME!

I mean hello.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:38 am

unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 am

A quick bit of advice: only two people are SURE of their allegiance, the Troublemaker and the Insomniac (and I think there's an edge case where the Insomniac can get caught out).

The game should generally be 'fast and furious', don't worry about coming out too soon or being aggressive.

Anyway, I'll speak up: I'm the seer. I looked at another player, but won't say who just yet.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

Did anyone change my role? If so, who/where with?
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 am

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:33 am

I think we probably all want to know whether our card was changed as it's the fastest way to untangle this tangled mess that we've got ourselves into.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 am

As you point out, only very few people know who they are. It seems as if it would be useful to establish my alignment as early as possible.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

Right, but no-one is going to up and say they've switched your ID unless they have something to gain... If the Robber has seen your ID and you're a wolf, they are now a wolf and will keep quiet. If the Robber has seen you're a villager, they're going to wait until you claim something in order to verify it (or it means we can verify someone who is a Robber).

Troublemaker is slightly different, they can cause total chaos!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

Can I play Raman Rai now? Or do I have to wait for the next turn :roll: ?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:23 pm

I'm the troublemaker:

Will cover off what I did after a few more people have made some claims.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:33 pm

I'll start the claims (With a vague one ;) ) - I didn't take a night action last night, and I started the night as village aligned.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:53 pm

I was the robber and can confirm that Cerberus is indeed the troublemaker as I robbed him blind.

Who he swapped will be the key thing in determining who we lynch!
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:29 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:53 pm

unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:59 pm

I was so confused, I didn't see Bodyguard on the initial list and managed to completely ignore its existence. If that's who you are, you need to be REAL careful about who you vote for (we also need to check if the robber robbed you or the troublemaker made trouble with you...).
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Good day fellow villagers! :)

I'm afraid at this stage I have no useful information to contribute, but I am paying attention.

It would be good to hear from each player, not least to make sure that everyone is aware that that day phase has begun!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:49 pm

That's why I claimed when I did, any later and it would have been too suspicious I think. Claiming two power roles in an epic blag would be risky to say the least!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Looks like it's just Rotage and Double left to introduce themselves :)
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 pm

It feels like there's not much reason for anyone to say anything until they know who they are, because they don't know what side to play as, so we really need the people who have moved roles to say what they've done so we can get on with working things out this game, and if they don't I consider that very suspicious behaviour.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”