One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

User avatar
Chimpster
Site Admin
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 pm
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Chimpster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Not as suspicious as not role revealing I'm afraid.
User avatar
mendax
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby mendax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Once Cerb says what he's done, I'll role reveal, but I do not wish to comment further until I know for sure what side I'm on.
User avatar
Cenedra
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:15 am
Location: Penzance

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cenedra » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:09 pm

mendax wrote:Once Cerb says what he's done, I'll role reveal, but I do not wish to comment further until I know for sure what side I'm on.


Of course, it might not be in Cerbs best interest to tell you what he's done, so don't get your hopes up too much there :p
User avatar
DoubleAitch
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: North Devon

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Hello all, I've not played one-night before so still getting my head around the interactions and possibilities. I feel like i need some sort of diagram to puzzle it out.

Am I right in saying that Cerberus does not know the roles of those he swapped?

I did not perform any night shenanigans but don't know if I was shenaniganned.

Martins power seems pretty powerful, essentially getting decision rights on the first or second most vote right?
User avatar
Cenedra
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:15 am
Location: Penzance

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cenedra » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 pm

Welcome Double!

So, if you're not claiming any night actions then you're saying you're either:

Werewolf
Minion
Mason
Tanner
Bodyguard (already claimed)

Which one of these are you?
User avatar
unitled
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby unitled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:41 pm

DoubleAitch wrote:Hello all, I've not played one-night before so still getting my head around the interactions and possibilities. I feel like i need some sort of diagram to puzzle it out.

Am I right in saying that Cerberus does not know the roles of those he swapped?

I did not perform any night shenanigans but don't know if I was shenaniganned.

Martins power seems pretty powerful, essentially getting decision rights on the first or second most vote right?


Cerberus doesn't know the allegiance or roles of people he swapped. From experience, revealing who he swapped and when is pretty vital.

Worth noting there's a slim but not-impossible chance that two wolves are in the middle. Can't remember the rules on how the minion works out if this is the case... Maybe Nem can confirm :P
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
User avatar
mendax
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby mendax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:30 pm

It's worth noting that either a minion or a wolf, at the very least, is in the game, so there is at least someone of evil alignment amongst us.
User avatar
DoubleAitch
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: North Devon

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:33 am

Cenedra wrote:Welcome Double!

So, if you're not claiming any night actions then you're saying you're either:

Werewolf
Minion
Mason
Tanner
Bodyguard (already claimed)

Which one of these are you?

I can't say for certain who I am today but yesterday I was a minion. :shock:

Who are you?
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Rotage » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:44 am

Apologies for the delay, had trouble on the farm with fences smashed and animals escapeing, those I found appeared shocked and stunned, I'd say the Werewolf may have been in the area .We need to find out who it is and get them dealt with, after the bad winter I can't afford to lose my animals, my livelihood depends on it!
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
Cerberus
Posts: 1087
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm
Location: Cheltenham

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cerberus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:15 am

mendax wrote:It feels like there's not much reason for anyone to say anything until they know who they are, because they don't know what side to play as, so we really need the people who have moved roles to say what they've done so we can get on with working things out this game, and if they don't I consider that very suspicious behaviour.


It's very suspicious that you don't want to reveal until you know if you were swapped. And it doesn't always help you knowing you were.
However, I know you can be stubborn about these things, so I'll meet you half way, I'll confirm that I did swap you, and will tell you who with once you reveal, seem good?
As I said, I don't see how this helps you since you don't know what role you are now, unless you are the insomniac. In which case you already know :)
User avatar
Cerberus
Posts: 1087
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm
Location: Cheltenham

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cerberus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 am

People should be claiming roles, this is how we catch them out, they don't have a role to claim safely.

Shout out what you are, it helps!
User avatar
unitled
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby unitled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:13 am

mendax wrote:It's worth noting that either a minion or a wolf, at the very least, is in the game, so there is at least someone of evil alignment amongst us.


There's an even more slim possibility that two wolves and the minion are in the middle (hey, it's happened in a game I was in before). By the way, if we have JUST a minion, we're a bit screwed according to RAW. Basically I think we try to kill the minion in that case.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
User avatar
elvortel
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:10 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby elvortel » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 am

Claim: I'm the Insomniac. No one messed with my role.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
User avatar
MartinP
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Gloucester / Cheltenham

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby MartinP » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:43 am

unitled wrote:
mendax wrote:It's worth noting that either a minion or a wolf, at the very least, is in the game, so there is at least someone of evil alignment amongst us.


There's an even more slim possibility that two wolves and the minion are in the middle (hey, it's happened in a game I was in before). By the way, if we have JUST a minion, we're a bit screwed according to RAW. Basically I think we try to kill the minion in that case.


In the tabletop game you can vote to not lynch if that's the case, should be the same online?
User avatar
MartinP
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Gloucester / Cheltenham

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby MartinP » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:55 am

DoubleAitch wrote:I can't say for certain who I am today but yesterday I was a minion. :shock:

Who are you?


You uhhh... probably didn't want to reveal that :P (If you are still a minion, you wanted to stay hidden and try to mislead our votes away from the wolves).

Of course, it could all be an elaborate ruse
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Rotage » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:03 am

I can state that I am a mason, which of course would make sense being a farm owner and a hard working member of the village community
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
unitled
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby unitled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 am

Rotage wrote:I can state that I am a mason, which of course would make sense being a farm owner and a hard working member of the village community


Can you verify anyone else?
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Rotage » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:33 am

unitled wrote:
Rotage wrote:I can state that I am a mason, which of course would make sense being a farm owner and a hard working member of the village community


Can you verify anyone else?

Cenedra is a fellow mason.
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
Nemamiah
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:44 pm
Location: Exeter

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:33 am

unitled wrote:
mendax wrote:It's worth noting that either a minion or a wolf, at the very least, is in the game, so there is at least someone of evil alignment amongst us.


There's an even more slim possibility that two wolves and the minion are in the middle (hey, it's happened in a game I was in before). By the way, if we have JUST a minion, we're a bit screwed according to RAW. Basically I think we try to kill the minion in that case.


Rules Clarification

If there are no wolves in play but there is a minion then the villagers win by not lynching anyone. In practice, that requires everyone to receive exactly one vote.

Effectively this is the same scenario as both the wolves and the minion being in the middle of the table.
Will dance for Laurie Points
User avatar
Cenedra
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:15 am
Location: Penzance

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cenedra » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:40 am

Was just declaring myself as a fellow mason but was beaten to it!

Now I think I'll just sit here and pray that Cerb didn't swap me with Mendax :p
User avatar
Cenedra
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:15 am
Location: Penzance

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cenedra » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:44 am

Oh one more thing that I almost forgot, Tolaasin stopped by my farm as he was heading out of town and said that he won't able to return for 8 hours, so we'll not hear from him today.
User avatar
Chimpster
Site Admin
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 pm
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Chimpster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:25 am

DoubleAitch wrote:
Cenedra wrote:Welcome Double!

So, if you're not claiming any night actions then you're saying you're either:

Werewolf
Minion
Mason
Tanner
Bodyguard (already claimed)

Which one of these are you?

I can't say for certain who I am today but yesterday I was a minion. :shock:

Who are you?


No chuffing way - calling it now, double is a wolf trying to respond to the pressure of role claiming by taking the minion. Barring any troublemaker sheningans, that's where my vote is going for sure.
User avatar
mendax
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby mendax » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:57 am

I was a tanner, so it was important for me to know whether that had been changed as that role plays very differently to any other.
User avatar
Cerberus
Posts: 1087
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm
Location: Cheltenham

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby Cerberus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:43 am

Chimpster wrote:
DoubleAitch wrote:
Cenedra wrote:Welcome Double!

So, if you're not claiming any night actions then you're saying you're either:

Werewolf
Minion
Mason
Tanner
Bodyguard (already claimed)

Which one of these are you?

I can't say for certain who I am today but yesterday I was a minion. :shock:

Who are you?


No chuffing way - calling it now, double is a wolf trying to respond to the pressure of role claiming by taking the minion. Barring any troublemaker sheningans, that's where my vote is going for sure.



Hold fire until we have more info Mr trigger happy!
User avatar
unitled
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby unitled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:30 am

Nemamiah wrote:
unitled wrote:
mendax wrote:It's worth noting that either a minion or a wolf, at the very least, is in the game, so there is at least someone of evil alignment amongst us.


There's an even more slim possibility that two wolves and the minion are in the middle (hey, it's happened in a game I was in before). By the way, if we have JUST a minion, we're a bit screwed according to RAW. Basically I think we try to kill the minion in that case.


Rules Clarification

If there are no wolves in play but there is a minion then the villagers win by not lynching anyone. In practice, that requires everyone to receive exactly one vote.

Effectively this is the same scenario as both the wolves and the minion being in the middle of the table.


The problem is the minion can screw this up... unless we're playing that voting 'no lynch' is a valid vote?

Cerberus is also in a position now where he knows who the Tanner is, presuming that Mendax is telling the truth. Either Cerb didn't swap Mendax at all, or he knows where it has been swapped to.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest