One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

DoubleAitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Day Phase

Postby DoubleAitch » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:49 am

Wow a real hot mess of lies and misinformation. Cerberus living up to his Dark Lord name with the mendax deception :twisted:

Had a look back at the rules and I see that the PI can look at two roles so who else did you look at Unitled :?:
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:50 pm

So taking what Cerberus has said at face value (and I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out with his 'actual swap' at a later time) that leaves in my mind the following possibilities.

1) Mendax (Tanner) > Wolf and didn't know what else to claim so claimed something that would make him less appealing to lynch.

2) Mendax (Tanner) > Tanner because he's mental (and I am definitely wary of this being the case!).

3) Double (Minion) Tolaasin (Seer) > True > this still doesn't seem right to me - I don't know why Double would come out and claim Minion unless...

4) Double (Minion) Tolaasin (Seer) > Double (Wolf) Tolaasin (Minion) > Tolaasin knows who the wolves are and wants to take attention away from Double and onto himself. Claims Seer in conflict with Unitled but Unitled, to his surprise, was actually lying initially as well. This would then mean that the Seer is likely in the middle.

5) Unitled (PI) > I believe this will be true, but Double is right to ask who the second person he looked at was. He could very well be a Wolf that's trying to establish where the Troublemaking occurred to see if his allegiance has changed.

Let me know what other theories people have managed to establish or if they find any of the above convincing!
tolaasin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby tolaasin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm hesitant to make any proposals until we figure out how much trouble Cerberus wants to cause. It's a neat strategy, changing the people he nominated, but until we can verify in some way what he did, speculations seems futile. And he'll gain lots of information from anything we talk about in the meantime. His reply to me was also slightly cagey - 'I swopped you', but he didn't explicitly say with whom.

I don't see any point in defending or explaining the posts I've made - I challenged Unitled because he claimed my role. Not sure what more I can say, really.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Sun May 01, 2016 7:21 am

I'm away with little / limited net time so you won't get long posts from me. Who I have said I swapped (unitled & tolaasin) is legit, this isn't a bluff to draw out information.
There is not extra information of proof that can be given so you're just going to have to believe me or not, your call!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Sun May 01, 2016 10:14 am

I believe Cerberus.

I'm still really suspicious of Mendax. He claimed Tanner but then is still acting like he's trying to help the town figure stuff out. I just don't think he would do this, if he was the Tanner he'd be trying to look like a wolf, and he isn't, if he thought that it was unlikely that he could win I don't think he would be as involved as he has been.

I think there's something going on under the surface that we've not quite clocked yet. I'm going to read through all the posts again later on today and see if I can spot it.
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 am

It's very easy to claim an investigative role if all you're going to do with the claim is confirm what we already know - I remain utterly unconvinced by United's claims about who he was, and this means that tol is in the hot seat for me.

To clarify, consider the possibility that unitled was a wolf. He claimed a role, but unfortunately for him he got challenged on it. His second claim was a totally safe call based on what we already know - everyone else had claimed and he claimed to see chimpsters role, which we all knew anyway.

Sorry tol, I think you should die but it's not your fault.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Sun May 01, 2016 11:06 am

Hmm.

Before we lynch me. I do think we want unitled to say whether he looked at one card or two, and if it matters, in which order.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun May 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Usually with the PI, if you see a wolf or tanner first, you don't get to look at a second card. So I'm still assuming that it's only his second access that we need to find out about.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Sun May 01, 2016 12:41 pm

He's saying he looked at Chimp, who was the robber, and if so (obvs may not be true), he would still be town-aligned, and thus could look at another card.

Unitled, who else did you look at? If you only looked at one person, tell us why!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Sun May 01, 2016 4:01 pm

@mendax, now I understand how this game works, I don't mind taking one for the team, if that's how I win. But I want to be sure about this. We need to hear from Elvortel as well.
unitled

Postby unitled » Sun May 01, 2016 5:15 pm

A hoy hoy, sorry for the lack of replies. Second person was Elvortel, they were the insomniac which I believe lines up with his claim. Managed to pick thoroughly uninteresting people to investigate. Looking at Chimp worked okay, mind, means I can verify him and he can verify Cerberus.

I don't know if I buy Mendax as a wolf mind... If he was, wouldn't he have come straight out and said it after finding out he had been swapped by Cerb? Tanner is just a really odd one to claim at any point unless you're under the cosh for being lynched.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Sun May 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Will dance for Laurie Points
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 am

Ok, I'll be honest, I don't want to leave a lynch to chance by suggesting we go for mendax - I don't think I could live with myself if he actually was the tanner, such would be my shame.

I'm still feeling a Double lynch as things stand, pretty sure he's a wolfie in wolfie clothing.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am

I agree, smug Mendax is not something that I particularly want to deal with :p

What are people's thoughts on Unitled (and therefore Tol) being suspicious though? His paranormal investigator claims have been conveniently safe?

I agree that double is a good call. People have played this well though, because I am genuinely really unsure of what to do!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 am

I guess my problem is that I'm still not sure I believe Cerberus.

If Double wasn't swapped, we know where the minion is (I agree, I'm not sure I get why he would claim that, but, there we are).

Which means we're looking for one or two wolves. The chances that all three wolf-aligned cards are in the middle seems pretty small.

If you believe Cerberus, and don't believe Unitled, then I guess I'm an obvious target, nothing I can do about that. I won't be voting for myself, though.

Having done some background reading, two wolves claiming mason each is a classic strategy, I understand. Do we believe Rotage and Cenedra?
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon May 02, 2016 11:46 am

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon May 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Question about the deadline:
Do we have to place our vote before the deadline or is the deadline when chat ceases and we vote afterwards?
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon May 02, 2016 10:12 pm

My plane takes off at 11.50 am tomorrow. So a) I'll vote before the flight attendants tell me off, and b) I won't know who's won until 8 hours later! :(
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon May 02, 2016 10:18 pm

and I won't be contributing between 7.45 and 9.15 as I'm on a connecting flight.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 am

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue May 03, 2016 10:10 am

Is anyone in the village awake? Or too much mead last night?
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue May 03, 2016 10:16 am

I'm in a meeting this morning so can't post! Will just have to wing it and see what happens!
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Tue May 03, 2016 10:18 am

Sorry was tending to the flock, decision time looms, I am growing suspicious of tolaasin
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue May 03, 2016 10:30 am

The thing is, I know I'm safe so if Cerb switched us there is no point voting for Tol :P I think honestly the best bet is to vote for Double. If he's a minion, it's next to impossible for us to win without any more wolves in the game anyway, and I don't have a read AT ALL on anyone else who might be a wolf. My only suspicion is Mendax I think? But even then...

Hmm, last minute change of mind...

I think we can actually win if we all vote for Double and MartinP does too, as Martin stops him from dying. This lets us win if he's the minion and wolves are in the middle, as his 1 vote isn't enough for a kill (I think? rule check please Nem!). Of course, if he's REALLY the wolf, we play right into his hands :P
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue May 03, 2016 10:36 am

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”