Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Lord_Reynardine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - History of Magic

Postby Lord_Reynardine » Tue May 31, 2016 9:54 am

Yup, I think we'll risk less by voting for no one, even if what we learn over night is "there are scum about".

Change Vote: No Hex
Find me elsewhere: , , .
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nemamiah » Tue May 31, 2016 10:20 am

Vote Count

Joey - 1 (Elvortel)
Springogeek - 1 (GuyCliquil)
Mendax - 2 (Sixtyten, DoubleAitch)
GuyCliquil - 4 (Springogeek, MartinP, Mendax, Cenedra)

No Hex - 4 (Joey, Maxey, Chimpster, Lord Reynardine)

Yet to Vote - 2 (Shanodin, Tolaasin)

8 votes required for a successful curse
Will dance for Laurie Points
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue May 31, 2016 10:28 am

Vote: No Hex because my previous unvoting was missed in that vote count.
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue May 31, 2016 10:30 am

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue May 31, 2016 11:25 am

I am good with this, Vote: No Hex
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue May 31, 2016 11:37 am

So - cenedra and maxey - you are claiming that your role PMs told you both that you were the Weasley brothers?
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 am

Well if we don't agree that Hexing is the plan, may as well move the game along Change Vote: No Hex
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue May 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue May 31, 2016 2:29 pm

Before we get anything locked what to people think will happen overnight? Maybe a small discussion will help those with powers? Scum to target Harry/Ron/Hermione (if indeed it even works that way)? Investigations at towards guy or spring maybe?. They are my only guesses
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Vote: no hex

At present I can't see a good enough reason to go for someone in particular outside of the usual blood lust. Hopefully more will reveal itself between classes.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue May 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Okay, that's a lock. You can all keep talking until I write up the end of the lesson (which will be about 8 pm)
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue May 31, 2016 4:21 pm

I expect I will have been incapacitated, but there is a possibility that nothing of note will occur.

I also expect that any investigative roles will be loathe to speak up, for their own safety.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue May 31, 2016 4:28 pm

It's a shame Shanodin didn't vote, she seemed keen to gain info from a lynch but has provided no voting info of her own.

Elvortel was also unfortunately vote-quiet, only providing a single joke vote at the start of the class.

When we have so little info the voting is likely to be one of our best sources.

Good luck all, see you in the next class hopefully.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 31, 2016 6:54 pm

MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

The turgid tedium of a History of Magic class was enough to dull even the most frazzled of tempers. Whispered arguments and raised wands soon gave way to heads slumped on desks and eyelids struggling to stay open.

The bell rang, shocking half the class in to sudden wakefulness. The students quickly packed away their books and headed off to the next lesson, Divination.

The lesson has now ended. Please do not post in this thread. The next lesson will start in 48 hours or when all actions have been taken.
Lord_Reynardine

Postby Lord_Reynardine » Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Find me elsewhere: , , .
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Sorry for the delay to this everybody, the Expo has thrown me right out. Will get us up and running as soon as possible.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Apologies once again for the delay, everyone. The best laid plans of mice and Mafia GMs...

The class filed out of the History of Magic room, but Hermione Grainger hung back, keen to have a word with Professor Binns about the homework that he'd set them. As the rest of the students started to head off to the North Tower there was a flash of red light from the class room behind them, followed by a very brief shriek and a thud. Several people ran back in to the classroom, to be greeted by the sight of Hermione stretched out on the floor, perfectly rigid. Bizarrely small and slimy bats were flying out of her nose, wings flapping protestingly. The other door to the classroom was swinging open, and there was a flash of scarlet as someone darted away down the corridor. Surely Hermione's attacker wasn't a Gryffindor?

A few minutes later Professor McGonagall had taken charge of the scene. She chivvied the class off to their next lesson, and at the same time arranged for Hermione to be taken to the hospital wing.

Shanodin was Hermione Granger, a Gryffindor

Gossip was rife as the class completed the long walk to the Divination tower, but quieted as Professor Trewlaney coughed and peered at them through her thick glasses. She spoke in her dreamy voice.

"The spirits have told me that there is tragedy in the air. Sad to say, my dears, there is violence in your future. For this lesson I want you to look in to the crystal balls set on your tables and predict your destiny. Please, even if your fate is to be a grisly one, tell me what you see"

This is the Divination Class. Each player should PM me with a prediction of how many votes they will have by the end of the lesson. This PM must be sent before you post in to this thread for the day. Once you've made a guess you can't change it, and you can't tell anyone else what your guess was. Successful predictions will be rewarded.

Thirteen people are still in the class. Seven votes are required to curse someone.
Last edited by Nemamiah on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 am

Welp, I am not sure we learnt much from the first class. But Hermione is a sad loss.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:06 am

Can we stop with the "Maybe there aren't any bad people" malarky now? Hermione got cursed!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 am

Absolutely.

So definitely a traitorous/mischievious gryffindor around, or someone going heavy on the polyjuice?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:34 am

Yeah, I think we screwed up day 1 pretty badly to be honest but at least now we know more with what we're dealing with. Nem doesn't do superfluous text in his descriptions so I think it's safe to say that Gryfindor is involved with the cursing somehow.

This means that our character revealing may have caused more problems than it solved. The 'mafia' faction now have a pretty detailed idea about who everyone is and we've unfortunately gained very little in return.

A couple of things to note.

Only one death implies that maybe this is more straightforward than we first thought - there's a mafia faction trying to murderise the rest of us. If there were two deaths then maybe we'd be looking at two rival factions battling each other with people caught in the middle but I'm not presently convinced that this is the case.

Harry is still alive. It's an important point to make at the very least though it is likely that someone protected him in some shape or form. We might need to know if that was the case at some stage today (though I'm very wary about giving the mafia any more information than they already have).

A Quidditch player didn't die. I don't know what this means yet but I think it's important to highlight.

We definitely need to curse someone today, otherwise we risk not gaining any useful information until it's too late.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:52 am

There was clearly something very odd going on during the last lesson. Unfortunately I am about to go on holiday for a week so that means I will possibly have very limited internets.

With that in mind, I am suspicious of Joey for instigating the no Hex vote. More out of time constraints than anything else vote: Joey
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 am

In the books, the Bat Bogey Hex (Which I think the description relates to) is a popular hex used by Ginny in the later books. Again it's only a minor point and not enough for me to raise a wand to whoever claimed Ginny at the moment.

Do we have anyone with "investigative magic"?
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm not sure it is that simple - it's been a while since i read the books but i don't think that the bat bogey hex caused paralysis.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”