Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Divination

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 pm

OK seriously why is Joey trying to get me lynched?

I didn't reveal late - I was literally the fourth reveal (skipping the "I'm Oliver Woods no wait wat no I'm not").

Colin is really not a suspicious character to be; he is the right house, and I claimed him before... all by 3 or 4 of us had even claimed. And not be counterclaimed.

Why this fixation? I have deeeeep suspicions now.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Fine. If we are looking at late claims then Chimp - Ron, Double - Ginny, Martin - Alicia. Were all quite late that I can see.

I'm going to vote: Double for now.

In other news please dont hex me. I am our doctor (ie I can cast a protego charm), I know I declared vanilla (I lied), and I didnt want to declare this but it seems I am top of almost everyones list right now... in the corridor I cast a protego charm on spring (supposedly harry) as I thought if he was telling the truth then that is where the scum would focus.
MartinP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MartinP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Why would late claims be suspicious if the scum have a Gryffindor name to use as we suspect they might.

If anything, I'm more suspicious of those who claimed early!
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:15 pm

well i dont think that fact is clear. Either there are non gryf scum, in which case late claims are suspicious.

If it is the case that everyone has a gryf character but is infact not on the gryf side. Then I believe we have nothing and doesn't matter when people claimed their name....

I would be interested in peoples win conditions. As that is somewhere surely scum have something different to rest.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:29 pm

I'm going to Vote: Joey as that's quite a large list of people who claimed after me. If we get a hit on Joey, I'd consider the people he didn't list as late revealers possibly suspect.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:11 pm

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:38 pm

With Joey claiming Doc I don't think it's worth lynching him. If it's true the Scum will have to take him out to avoid being doc blocked. If it's a lie then he's gonna have to maintain the lie and hope there's no investigator.

If he's still alive in a class or twos time then we may need to reconsider lynching him but for now we can leave that choice in the hands of the scum.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:13 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 am

Will dance for Laurie Points
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Sorry, I wasn't getting notifications for a bit. Too busy looking at the future, I will have to research the past and get back to you :P
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:08 pm

mendax

Postby mendax » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:50 pm

I think it's very reasonable to assume that we would have had an investigative role in the setup. Given that no-one is saying the results of any investigation, I think it's very likely that the investigator is now dead.

If that's correct, then doctor suddenly becomes much lower value, because we can't use the doc/cop pairing to try to hunt out all the scum (which there now almost certainly are). I don't know what, if anything, this implies for our lynch decision though.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:17 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:16 pm

So Joey guarding spring basically means he bought the Spring argument entirely - hook, line & sinker. Or there is collusion between them

Personally I find our willingness to give people a pass when lying problematic.

I am up for voting Joey because he has lied, has rather soft revealed a role when actually quite little pressure was applied & because their determination to o lyncj me I feel has something else behind it. Either he thought I was an easy target or has some non posted knowledge he does not want to share.

vote: Joey
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 am

Voting for the claimed doctor is a bold, bold move. I'm not saying that you're wrong in your analysis, but there is a great deal of risk involved in this line of play.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:21 am

Joey

Postby Joey » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:44 am

I would add I didnt take springs story hook line and sinker at all, and am certainly not colluding with him. I simply had to protect someone. And if he was telling the truth I thought he would be the target (being Harry), and that we may even lose if Harry was hexed (I dont know the scum win condition but it is believable), so it made sense to protect Spring, seemed most logical, on the chance he is being truthful - which is certainly a possibility. Second choices would have been ron or hermione.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:47 am

It not a "severe" reaction except in comparison to how we typically do mafia on this board. Which is to durdle around for ages whilst the mafia secure their position and kill us all!

The only time that that doesn't work is when the conversation control is taken away from them; when elements of their behaviour that are massively problematic get called out.

My ability essentially makes me harder to kill; I'm not even precisely sure myself of how the details work. That said, I know i don't get any clue that I might have been targetted. My working theory is that Joey and his fellows (possibly Spring) got together and tried to hex me, that a third faction hexed Hermione (leading to a sense of urgency on my part because we could very rapidly see hexes left right and centre if I am right).

I may be wrong, but we never ever get to not guess slightly in these games. If I am wrong, and Joey is a Doctor, then we do lose out. But are we going to give the bad guys a free pass every time they claim a power, or even a major character? We're asking to be made fools of!
The Praetor of Jank
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:14 am

Ok but there was an equal amount of "lynch Colin" talk from Joey and others in the first class, which was before they supposedly tried to kill you unsuccessfully in the corridor and then decided you needed to be the number one lynch target.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:13 am

There were many who were on that train to be sure, it is just that Joey tried to jump at it day 2 and I took that

A. In game personally

B. Suspicious as it just seemed a really odd leap to me
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”