Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Joey

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Charms

Postby Joey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:53 am

I agree that me getting targeted in corridor after last period made the most sense. After a doctor claim. Which is why I protected my self not spring. Would the protego charm protect in corridor? Or just during this class?

We could accio a sneakascope just to check there is in fact some scum in the class :p.

Let's get this thing moving.

I'm going to vote: MartinP for no other reason than he has 2 votes already. And so is most likely to go through - sorry Martin.
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:54 am

What I'm trying to say is I don't think it makes spring less or more guilty. I like double said.
springogeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby springogeek » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:00 am

I think a vote for martin is a bad idea, because it seems most likely that the quidditch team is safe, compared to other generic gryffindors.
DoubleAitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 am

Vote: elvortel

I feel like we know very little about elvortel other than a character name so I would like to promote some discussion or contribution.

Also feel that Martin has made some "town" friendly suggestions (the prior incantato thing) so reluctant to follow that vote.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:21 am

Martin's been actively useful in this game. Elvortel hasn't

change vote: elvortel

However, we shouldn't hammer anyone home until we've used all the charms on offer. I think they're really useful. So:

protego: joey to give us the chance for him two protect 2 people.
MOON MONEY!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:24 am

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 am

springogeek

Postby springogeek » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:49 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:09 pm

"Excellent" cooed Professor Flitwick as a large, silvery shield sprang from the wand, hovering in front of one of the students. "This should keep you quite safe from most hexes, jinxes and curses. A very useful spell indeed."

Vote Count

Martin P - 2 (GuyCliquil, Joey)
Elvortel - 3 (DoubleAitch, Sixtyten, Springogeek)

Yet to Vote - 6 (Cenedra, Elvortel, Chimpster, MartinP, Maxey, Mendax)

Cenedra may not talk, but may still vote. 11 people are left alive, so six votes are required to curse someone.

You have the following spells still available to you this lesson:

Accio
Expeliarmus
Wingardium Leviosa
Will dance for Laurie Points
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Tempted just to Wingardium Chimpster for his earlier request to want to fly :P Can't think of a Mafia-related use for it.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:49 pm

MOON MONEY!
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:53 pm

No objection from me.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:58 pm

wingardium leviosa: chimpster

I've also been wondering if the snitch is important considering the quidditch theme. It could be accio'd.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:24 pm

"Swish and flick! Swish and flick! Swish and flick!" chanted the class in unison, a dozen wands moving in distorted synchronicity.

"Good, good" beamed Professor Flitwick as he waddled around the classroom. "Now, let's practice the incantation. And remember to elongate the vowels!"

"Wingardium Leviosa!" they shouted as one. A few eyes automatically swivelled to Hermione's empty seat, expecting to be chided for their poor pronunciation. Most of the attention though was drawn to the student who'd gone shooting in to the air and was now bobbing around the chandeliers, the unwitting target of multiple levitation charms.

"Now now, children" squeaked Professor Flitwick. "That's really not appropriate for the classroom"
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Weeeeeeeeee :D
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm

MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Now I just really want to know what it would have been like had we done it on Hermionie
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:56 pm

MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:32 am

Is there anyone we want to Expelliarmus? I suspect disarming would prevent a person from casting in the corridors.

Happy for people to use it on me if they are still suspicious of me, but I think there has to be a better choice!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:49 pm

MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:18 pm

My power is to cast Expelliarmus, so it would be bad to disarm me.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:38 pm

MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:00 pm

And can you clarify exactly what it does
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:20 pm

I can do it every night and I believe disarming someone prevents them casting spells in the corridor.

I used it between the first and second lessons on Guy, as I was suspicious of him, however the second night I used it on elvortel. Given that no one was sent to the hospital wing this lesson, I was wondering if that was a contributing factor. I'm probably going to get sent away soon anyway :(

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”