Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Care of Magical Creatures

Postby Chimpster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:57 am

Sorry peeps, I've been back and forth from Chelt over the past few days so it's been pretty busy.

My power is to be able to change the target of spells using the Confundo spell.

I used it on spring turn 1, on Double turn 2 and then didn't get to use it turn 3.

While I get the wagon for me, it's crazy that we're not trying to find our more about Guy and what's gone on. Or the fact that the bat hex looks to have been used day 1 to kill a griff as well.

Lots to talk about and we need to not get tunnel vision here or we risk losing big time here!
DoubleAitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 am

Not gonna change my vote. Anyone else in or out?
DoubleAitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:42 am

Why did you choose those targets?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 am

Watch the word length there double!

Not sure what kind of answer you're after here, all I can really say is that I felt you were both upto no good and tried to muddy your waters.

If you look back at my chat, I've done my best to aid town at every turn. You just killed a town member on the say so of guy, who we didn't think was on the level. Not only that but the same spell that killed night one you just happen to be able to use... But sure, let's lynch me by all means :roll:
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:02 am

Vote Count

Chimpster - 4 (Sixtyten, Sprigogeek, DoubleAitch, Joey)
Mendax - 1 (Cenedra)
GuyCliquil - 1 (Mendax)

Yet to Vote - 3 (Chimpster, Maxey GuyCliquil)

There are nine people left in the class, so five votes are required to curse someone
Will dance for Laurie Points
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:05 am

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:11 am

Joey

Postby Joey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am

We can clean this all up and just agree to hex guy. I mean chimp is a good choice as well. But I don't see how guy can not be evil
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:30 am

Essentially I have been getting random "snapshots" on my camera in between lessons that have shown me that people have been doing "suspicious magic" in between sessions.

Initially I got images showing that Joey was doing spells of some kind, and then it showed me that MartinP was doing casting.

I am now suspecting that, in fact, these might be just horrific red herrings and that I should ignore them. I still feel there is something to this quiddich team I am not getting at all!

I am, therefore, willing to start voting ignoring all of that. To that end I see the arguments on Mendax & Chimpster

And will Vote: Chimpster happily
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:38 am

That's a lock. End of lesson coming soon...
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 am

Eventually, the class smelt a rat. They'd first got suspicious when Ron Weasley had started doing his own homework, rather than getting other people to do it for him. He'd occasionally been polite, kind and considerate to others which was the second clue. And then the aforementioned rat, Scabbers, had bitten 'Ron' and run off. That was the final straw, Ron probably wasn't Ron! And anyway, he could be quite annoying sometimes, so even if he was really Ron hexing him would probably be cathartic.

A barrage of curses, hexes and jinxes flew from the wands of the Gryffindors, slamming in to Ron and pitching him to the turf. They watched nervously to see if his form would change. It didn't.

Then there was a huge bang from behind them. The vibrating flobberworm had finally exploded, covering Ginny Weasley, who had been at the back of the crowd, in a pulpy purply mess.

"You'd better get to the hospital wing" said an apologetic Hagrid. "That stuff'll give you a nasty rash, believe me. Take your brother with you too."

As the class turned back to collect Ron they gasped in shock. In his place lay the hulking form of Marcus Flint, the pantomime villain of the Slytherin quidditch team. An empty potion bottle was clutched in his hand, and he was desperately trying to pour the last few drops in to his mouth. A second barrage of curses soon put an end to that.

DoubleAitch was Ginny Weasley, a Gryffindor

Chimpster was Marcus Flint, a Slytherin

After a somewhat hectic and stressful class, the students took a break for lunch to discuss what they'd learnt so far. The looming spectre of a potions class hung drearily over the afternoon, an experience few of them were looking forwards to.

It is now the end of the lesson. Please do not post in the thread until the next lesson starts. Due to all the Netrunning that's going on this weekend there'll be a slightly longer than usual intermission; I'll start us back up again on Monday or Tuesday next week.
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 am

I'd like to hear from him, but i don't know if it will change much
Nemamiah

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Potions

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:00 am

After a lunch consisting of extremely heavy and clichéd food that some students secretly suspected was designed to send them to sleep during afternoon lessons, the Gryffindors headed down to the gloomy, dank dungeons which the potions class room had been banished to. Professor Snape, glaring at the head of the class, seemed to be in an even worse mood than normal.

"Pay attention. Today we'll be brewing a health tonic that will help dispel minor injuries and maladies. It's a complicated recipe, however, and I've no doubt that most of you will make your usual mess of things. You'll each be sampling your own creation at the end of the lesson, so I'd advise you to follow the instructions closely. A badly made tonic can cause the very symptoms it's designed to cure."

With a wave of his wand, instructions started to appear in a cramped, scratchy writing on the blackboard. The class hurriedly started to unpack ingredients, knives and scales.

This is the Potions Class. You will shortly be given a recipe for a potion by Professor Snape, then asked to follow it through the lesson.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:40 am

Another night without a kill. Clearly our protecting/disarming game is on point.

Spring: who did you disarm?
Joey: who did you protect?
MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:41 am

I disarmed Mendax this night. Seems like a solid choice for a vote?
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:51 am

I've been suspicious of Mendax since he tried to push a lynch on you (Harry Potter) during day 1.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Immuno: Mendax
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Guy, are you trying to get lynched on purpose?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:30 pm

I was going to Vote Mendax for sure.

Guy is now looking a good target.
MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Will we get an explanation from Nem about what Immuno does?
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:13 pm

So I was intending to vote for Guy. I now am not so sure what to do.

At this point I think any remaining Slytherin would have been best off not killing, at least until I'm dead, since you all seem so focussed on trying to kill me.

Additionally, I don't think voting for the only proven liar day 1 is particularly scum behaviour.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:05 am

The recipe for a Health Tonic is as follows:

Oh dear, it's all steamy in here!
Last edited by Nemamiah on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm

All around the class room students began making the health tonic, which seemed to be typical of the fiddly potions that Snape enjoyed setting them. Concentrating on the instructions was difficult, what with the overwhelming urge to gossip amongst themselves about what had happened in the last few lessons, and the occasional muttered spell being cast was making everyone a bit jumpy. Snape stalked around the room with a perpetual frown on his lean face, occasionally tutting and shaking his head at imagined faults. For now though, he seemed content to let the class get on with it.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:22 am

Drink potion.

Mendax is innocent. We should lynch Cenadra! I saw them coming out of Slytherin common room.
The Praetor of Jank
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:24 am

MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”