Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

springogeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Potions

Postby springogeek » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:35 am

Is it possible that your camera is broken and you see opposites?
Cenedra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cenedra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:53 am

Either that or Guy has a very unusual win condition but yes, I expect the camera is showing opposites.

If my twin George stops skiving school he can verify how very non Slytherin I am :)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:29 am

MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:12 pm

If he sees them doing 'stuff' during the night, then that is not particularly helpful. half the group have power roles of some kind or other.

It's a stretch to say 'I saw them coming out of Slytherin common room.' based on the information given.

Vote: Guy

because he is creating too much uncertain and being plainly suspicious.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:59 pm

I agree that Guy is causing problems but does anybody else think he might be have some kind of tanner role?
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Guy's claims are so obviously ridiculous that I think it's risky to lynch him. Then again, it's also pretty risky to not lynch him. What is undoubtedly true though is that with me safe and Guy risky, finding a third possible candidate is really hard.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:06 pm

The only other target is Maxey for inactivity really. I'm not that keen on that. Bloody Guy.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:16 am

Maxey is on a final warning and will get hauled off if he doesn't post in the next 48 hours.

The classroom was thick with the fragrant, and sometimes slightly less appealing smelling, clouds of smoke and the students were busy sweating over the cauldrons.

"Remember to pay attention the recipe!" barked Snape. "This potion is very delicate, and a single misstep could have.... interesting consequences. A few of the students glanced back up at the blackboard, then hunched back over their cauldrons.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Maxey

Postby Maxey » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:27 am

Im alive.
Cenedra is not a slytherin.
Sorry.

Vote: Guy
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:49 am

I think we are backed into a corner here.

vote: guy
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:17 am

Vote Count

GuyCliquil - 3 (Springogeek, Maxey, Sixtyten)

Yet to Vote - 4 (Cenedra, GuyCliquil, Joe, Mendax)

There are seven people left alive in the class, so four votes are required to curse someone.

"Pay attention!" Snape hissed, frowning in disapproval at the chaos unfolding in front of him. "This is a class room, not a circus. I hope for your sake that for once you've managed to brew a potion successfully, but I doubt it. You have ten minutes to finish, and then you'll be sampling your concoctions." A nasty smile broke out on his face.

The class turned back to their cauldrons, but unfortunately the room was now so full of steam they couldn't see the instructions on the blackboard. Desperately, they tried to apply the finishing touches to their potions.

Each player must now answer the following questions before the end of the class. Failing to answer the questions in time will result in a botched potion. How well you answer will affect how well you've brewed your potion. You may copy, help or mislead other students as much as you wish.

Q1. How much water should have been added to the cauldron to start with?
Q2. What ingredient needs to be soaked in a solution of essence of dittany and then added to the potion?
Q3. What should the steam of the potion smell of?
Q4. What colour should the potion be when you remove it from the heat?
Q5. What was the last ingredient to be added?
Last edited by Nemamiah on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:21 am

What's today's lesson all about btw? Is there something we're supposed to have done?
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:23 am

Sorry I posted that before I saw Nems post! And now I have to go to work :/
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:45 am

unvote: guy

To give people enough time to do the potion
MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:04 am

Q1: 8 ounces of water.
Q2. 3 centipedes
Q3. Lavender and horseradish
Q4. Ochre
Q5. Rock salt
MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 am

Q1. 9 ounces of water
Q2. Sliced centipede legs
Q3. Lavender
Q4. Ochre
Q5. Rock salt

No point trying to time travel to get the instructions :(
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:04 am

MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:08 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:53 am

Q2. 3 centipedes
Q4. Ochre
Q5. Rock salt
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:23 am

MOON MONEY!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:53 pm

I was too busy playing with my camera, but Professor snape is scary. So I took a phto of your answers.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Maxey

Postby Maxey » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:58 pm

I knew I should have copied the instructions. Oh well I hope everyone else is right.

Q2. 3 centipedes
Q4. Ochre
Q5. Rock salt
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Any sign of Joey this lesson?
MOON MONEY!
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:16 pm

I am so confused about the potions thing. No one end the class till they have explained.

Firstly sorry for being awol, life happened.

Secondly I protected myself over night. Because I'm selfish and because I thought I was probably top lynch target after saying I'd protect spring (bluff may have payed off).

Thirdly, we can't afford guy to live. I mean. At the very least if we lynch him and he comes out clean we get that what he has said is truthful, which is huge. Most likely he is lying. In both scenarios he is better to us hexed (sorry guy).

Have we considered that imuno charm is a bluff and does nothing? I mean, unlikely guy has this many powers. Also what does this mean of mendax - if guy is evil he could be trying to pull down a goody, or helping a fellow baddy. Or guyou is gryf and so is mendax. Requires thinking about.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:41 pm

MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”