Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Postby mendax » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 pm

For sure, I knew I was going to die tomorrow and definitely well done for everyone on working that one out, I was just looking forward to having another night and day to see if I could do something. It was definitely an interesting game - especially when we had to all speak in poetry - so I would definitely support more interesting formats like this despite being the person who lost out from it this time
mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mendax » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 pm

To be clearer - I had considered myself safe due to guys spell, so got a little careless with checking. That the format was used to kill me despite this is a little disappointing personally, but also keeping everyone on their toes and keeping the game interesting is definitely he mark of a good format, so props for that :)
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:25 pm

So basically Draco Malfoy got a bit too big for his boots :p
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:11 pm

I didn't realise we could knock out mendax until Nem revealed the "purpose" of the lesson. Everyone else checked in during the day and you had plenty of time to reply. We would have definitely got you tomorrow, but Guy might have shot the moon.
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Curse you Guy! Damned Camera ;p out of interest was there any particular reason you targetted me with the camera so much? :P
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:15 am

Nope! Nothing of substance at all.

And the immuno spell was total bullshittery
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 am

The key turning point for us was missing on Cenedra I think in retrospect. If we had hit with both kills day 1 we would have been in a much stronger position, especially breaking the position of trust that existed between them both. Obviously having mendax and I both unable to cast spells pretty much meant the writing was on the wall.

Well played though guys, your blocking and protection shouts were bang on almost every night!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:27 am

You tried to curse me but you missed? Is that why I was silenced?
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 am

They tried to kill you twice, actually. The set-up gave the Slytherins a bunch of one shot spells in addition to their nightly curse, and one of those one shots was another curse (so once per game they could hit two people in a night).

On night 1, they decided to curse both you and Shanodin. Unfortunately for them, Lord R (who had a nightly Confundus charm, which caused spells to randomly redirect) hit Mendax, and the curse directed at you bounced on to Shanodin instead (hence why she was double hexed in the flavour).

They tried to get you on other nights as well, but Spring was constantly on point with his disarming charms (definitely my wizard of the match, for what it's worth) and it never stuck.
Will dance for Laurie Points
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:43 am

Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 am

Thank you then Harry!!! I guess Fred wasn't fated to die in this story :D

Seriously though Spring, after your very risky day one play, you definitely lived up to your role- well played 8-)
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Great game Nem. Congrats to team Gryf!!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:18 pm

MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Also, being able to prove Joey had been telling the truth was very, very useful.
MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:19 pm

It was a really awkward role to draw, because you don't want to claim it. Sorry (not sorry) for being suspicious :P

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”