Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Divination

Postby Chimpster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 am

Right, onto the next one.

Vote Elvotel until we hear something constructive from him! :P
mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mendax » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:40 am

Agreed, Vote: Elvortel for inactivity
Cenedra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cenedra » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:57 am

(Although perhaps we'll allow him today since he's busy at a muggle card game tournament) ;)
Joey

Postby Joey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:36 pm

I'm sure he can catch up while waiting in line for the toilet...

So inactivity is unlikely to be sign of scum right? As it's a sure way to get hexed, and generally scum stay involved. Still I suppose I see the logic.. am happy to vote elv, but not before a vote count incase I accidently push it over the edge..

To be honest I think we know nothing and are pretty screwed.

Spring I expect you to be more vocal before end of class. Given yesterday.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:23 pm

By my count it is:
Joey 2
elvortel 2
DoubleAitch 1

12 left so we still need 7 votes to lynch.

Nothing's gonna get pushed over the edge soon...
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Elvortel has been poked for inattention.
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:12 am

Having reviewed what I've missed/not really been paying attention to, I've decided to go to Change Vote: Guy, to me it's the only character that sticks out - I'd like to think the Quidditch team is legit as I'm a member, so I'm looking at those who have claimed outside of this.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 pm

MOON MONEY!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Is it really going to be as simple as "Quidditch team good"? Wouldn't that make it incredibly easy?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:37 pm

I told him in person 3 times to pull his finger out so...

We know that quidditch players =good is not the thing as Hermione appeared to be good and wasn't a quidditch player. Colin just seems like an easy choice for a scum reveal.
MOON MONEY!
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:58 pm

So which characters would be more of a legitimate Gryffindor than Colin?

My HP knowledge is ropey but I can't think of anyone obvious off the top of my head.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:20 pm

Colin just seems a bit of a random choice and a little young for class, although Ginny is about too...
MOON MONEY!
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:30 pm

Ok so who would be less "random"?

It's one thing saying Colin is the most strange/random/suspicious character choice amongst us but unless there's an alternative that is less so then the argument is moot.

There will always be a scale of obvious characters so there will always be one at the bottom.

Plus this line of reasoning assumes we know which 14 characters Nemamiah would choose.

Colin's is quite a distinctive character so I could see him being picked for theme over canon purposes. Plus as Ginny myself I know for a fact that the different ages is irrelevant (I'm sure it's already been noted that half the Quidditch team are older too).
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:26 am

I think looking at the order of reveal and how cleanly the reveals happened that we can still assume everyone is telling the truth. I think parvati and Colin are legit characters to chose but maybe a little less likely so if we have nothing else to go on. We also have those who waited last to claim. And spring who lied (but is likely Harry so risky)....

I don't see how we move this forward. If no one is willing to come forward with information then we just have to pick someone and all vote for them else we will drag on forever..

Who is generally trusted who can make a suggestion and then we all just train that direction? Chimp with his Ron claim?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:10 am

Flavourwise, is there a reason that Angelina would be the doctor? I'm interested in what Hermione'a role might have been.
MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:22 am

I'm currently working on the assumption that Hermionie was an investigator of some kind.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 am

MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:05 pm

MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Even if Elvortel is not scum, he's so quiet right now that he's totally useless as a town member.

If Elvortel comes and participates, I would probably change my vote to Joey, but I'm not so willing to do that yet.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Okay I am the worst but also real life and netrunner and friends and arg.

Anyway! This is muddling about and not getting much done. It's pretty unclear what exactly is going on, especially because no-one has counter claimed any names. I doubt that Quidditch = not scum because that seems like a super broken strategy. Because of this, his push for a no hex yesterday, and the fact that I don't see much flavour reason for Angelina to be a healer, I'm going to Vote: Joey
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 pm

At the very least, he's contributing positively atm, I don't think hitting our doctor is worth the risk at this stage.

I'm going to suggest a vote for tolaasin atm for a couple of reasons.

1) Zero contribution this lesson and minimal contribution last lesson.
2) I'm not convinced on the vanilla role claim and I wonder whether people actually are vanilla at all.
3) I want to test a Quidditch players claim to gain extra information.

If he is vanilla and town, at least the loss is minimal but we still gain useful information.

So Vote: Tolaasin
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 pm

MOON MONEY!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:45 am

Sigh. Real life stuff intervening. Two votes for me. Yay.

Not sure what I can say, really. I'm Katie, I'm Gryffindor, I'm Katie, I'm a Quidditch player, and I have no tangible abilities (at the moment, unless my performance in this lesson merits them).

I don't want to get into a kneejerk retaliation vote, and I'm afraid no-one obvious stands out for me - Joey's been very vocal from the start, I suppose, but that's a risky strategy.

And I think I've made more actual posts than Cenedra as well, if you want to pick quiet players to challenge.

I'm happy to respond to questions if you have them - but life is really busy at the moment.

Tolaasin

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”