Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Divination

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 am

MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

Completely agreed, they've backed each other up and I think it would be an incredibly bold move for mafia players to do that.

Keeping my vote where it is, I think we stand to gain the most information with the lowest possible risk.

Sorry tolaasin! :(
DoubleAitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:42 am

I too have doubts about the vanilla claims so unless someone can convince me that there are vanilla Gryffs then tolaasin will be getting my vote.

Joey, I know you like to swing your vote about so I think you should weigh in on the discussion and voting before we get carried away and lynch someone.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 am

Do this if you like, but on what basis am I in the least suspicious, compared to anyone else?
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:06 pm

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 pm

ok, I'm going to be a little more direct here.

Every game has people who are vanilla. No surprises there. But focussing on people who claim to be vanilla just because that somehow makes them better targets - compared to looking at the actual content of contribution seems to be mildly nuts. Of course there are going to be vanilla Gryfinndor!

On that basis, I'm going to Vote: DoubleAitch
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:37 pm

There are a number of flavour variables that may or may not help us in the game:

A) gryffindor character: well we've all claimed that
B) member of the quidditch team: not been tested but may be important
C) weasley: gingers vs everyone else?

There could be any number of different mechanics at work here and potentially we might need someone to correctly predict their vote count to get ANY information from he who must not be Nem'd.

A "vanilla" quidditch team person may be a decent target. Frankly I don't know.
MOON MONEY!
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:57 pm

I find it hard to believe that there are no vanilla characters here, to be honest, but I agree that it's a good thing to test. I think targeting Tol is a pretty low-risk way of finding this out, as even if he's telling the truth we haven't lost anyone too crucial.

I've still got my eye on Joey though.

Vote: Tolaasin
New corp deck - 49 snares.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 pm

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:23 pm

For what it's worth I'm vanilla as far as I'm aware (apart from the quidditch thing).
MOON MONEY!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:05 pm

It's mafia - and as far as I understand it, pretty much all mafia games have vanilla players with no overt skills.
It's Harry Potter - so the obvious scenario is that we have some kind of Gryffindor v Slytherin v Death Eater scenario.

I'd find it very surprising if there weren't vanilla Gryffindors - but then, I know there are BECAUSE I IS ONE!

Katie
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:55 pm

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:49 am

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Nemamiah - can we get a formal updated vote count?

thank you!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

MOON MONEY!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 pm

I think we're getting too hung up on characters too early on...what would we be doing right now if this were a normal game?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:52 pm

MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:32 pm

Will dance for Laurie Points
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:35 pm

I've put a name forward and made my case for it. I seem to be one of the few actually trying to contribute to this positively at the moment and it's getting frustrating! If you're not happy with a vote suggestion, then make one of your own and make a case for it, otherwise we're never going to push this forward guys.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:55 pm

This is kind of where I'm at too. I've voted for Guy, and explained why. I don't mind moving it to someone else if people would prefer, I'd just really like get on with this!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Has everyone involved checked in recently? I'm keen to move the game on, but this has been very tricky in terms of people paying attention/external influences/national collapse. I have voted for Joey because I was suspicious of his "no vote" plan and then Tol from a logical point of view (testing the quidditch and "vanilla" arguments).

Frankly we should target someone and move on quickly.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - History of Magic

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:03 am

Right all, apologies for the quiet week. I was away and a combination of a very patchy internet signal and a small phone made actually tracking this somewhat difficult.

The current position is:

Vote Count

Joey - 1 (GuyCliquil)
DoubleAitch - 2 (Joey, Tolaasin)
Elvortel - 1 (Mendax)
GuyCliquil - 2 (MartinP, Cenedra)
Tolaasin - 3 (Chimpster, Elvortel, Sixtyten)

Yet to Vote - 3 (DoubleAitch, Maxey, Springogeek)

7 votes required to curse someone[/quote]

I will not be chasing anyone up for not contributing, but I am going to impose a deadline of 15:00 on Friday (1st July) to get this lesson finished.
Last edited by Nemamiah on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will dance for Laurie Points

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”