Hijinks at Hogwarts - Gryffindors Win!

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Divination

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 am

I've voted for tolaasin too.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 am

Will dance for Laurie Points
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:13 am

I don't feel strongly that Tol is scum. It does however make sense to lynch him because we will learn a lot from his death. Vote: Tol

I feel like our complete lack of anything going on today is at least in part a result of the no-lynch yesterday. I would normally vote for Joey based on his behaviour, but an uncontested Doctor claim is just too powerful to risk at this point.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:46 am

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Hey sorry. Been busy (and kind of forgot we were playing for a bit)... yes double I do swimming get my vote about a lot. That is mainly because I like to see things move along and find throwing votes about keeps people talking and other votes coming in.

I feel with the number if current active getting a lock will be hard. But in the interest of getting said lock and at the worse case losing a vanilla I'll also vote: tolassin. Sorry, it's nothing personal.
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Also vote count if possible. Can't really remember where we are at. I know lots are voting for me. That's all I can remember
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:54 pm

I'm having a lot of difficulty keeping up at the moment, so just to move things forward, Vote: Tolaasin
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah I was going to do the same but it looks like it's a lock. I really don't think Tol is scum but I do have suspicions that I will happily share if I survive the night.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:31 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Nemamiah

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - History of Magic

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:35 am

Yep, that's a lock. Here's the final voting position; end of lesson coming shortly...

Vote Count

Joey - 1 (GuyCliquil)
DoubleAitch - 1 (Tolaasin)
GuyCliquil - 1 (Cenedra)
Tolaasin - 7 (Chimpster, Elvortel, Sixtyten, Mendax, MartinP, Joey, Springogeek)

Yet to Vote - 2 (DoubleAitch, Maxey)

7 votes required to curse someone
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 am

Sorry Tol. Nothing personal.

Cenedra: surely you've painted a big target on your back? Should you share now?
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 am

The morning seemed to have stretched on for weeks. History of Magic had been bad, but the combination of a stuffy room, the swirling smoke of several different incenses and the utter nonsense of the subject had deflated even the most dedicated of students. Matters weren't helped by Professor Trelawney's dreamy insistence that their future contained peril and danger. Whispered arguments became more heated, and before long wands were being waved underneath the floor length table cloths and jinxes were zipping across the classroom.

"My dears, please!" cried Professor Trelawney, as her prediction came true before her eyes with much more haste than even she had expected.

Most of the jinxes were harmless and inaccurate besides, but eventually a jelly legs jinx rebounded off a crystal ball and careened in to Katie Bell. Her legs flailing wildly, she tumbled to the floor via the table that she'd been taking cover behind. When she stood up again, blood was pouring from her nose and she had a somewhat dazed look about her.

"That will do!" shrieked Professor Trelawney. "Katie, you should go the hospital wing my dear. Everybody else, please settle down. This is a serious business!"

The rest of the lesson passed in surly silence.

Tolaasin was Katie Bell, a Gryffindor

You are now on your way to Charms class, which will start in 48 hours or when all interim actions have been completed. Please do not post in this thread until the lesson starts.
Nemamiah

Re: Hijinks at Hogwarts - Charms

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:08 am

The class descended the North Tower on mass, clattering down stair cases and along corridors. The castle was always at its busiest between lessons, and the charged atmosphere meant that spats and magical accidents were common between lessons. Perhaps it was no surprise then when one of the class pulled up suddenly, face contorted in panic. They tried to speak, but nothing came out except gurgles. A few of the class laughed at the absurdity of the situation.

Cenedra has been hit by the Mimblewimble curse, locking her tongue in place. She may not speak until the end of the lesson; the only posts that she is allowed to make are to vote for someone to curse (because you don't need to talk to point a wand).

Eventually, the students filed in to Professor Flitwick's classroom. As usual, the tiny teacher was stood on a pile of books to allow him to survey his domain, and his squeaky voice was bright with enthusiasm.

"Good morning, class. Today we're going to be practicing some of the charms that we've learnt this year, to make sure that you're properly prepared for your exams. Wands out everyone!"

This is the charms class. During this class, you, as a group, may cast each of the following spells once:

Accio
Expeliarmus
Prior Incantato
Protego
Wingardium Leviosa

To cast a spell, type the name of the spell and the target in bold in the thread. Once a spell has been used by someone, it can't be used again. The same person may cast multiple spells, but each must be done in a separate post.

There are 11 people left in the class, so 6 votes are required to curse someone
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:26 am

Interesting - no-one sent to the hospital wing today. Perhaps a protector worked out? Or maybe Mimblewimble was a replacement for a more dangerous hex?

These new charms look exciting and I want to cast all of them but I shall hold off until we all have a chance to talk.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:49 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:50 am

That leads me to suspect that there may well be a protector amongst us, making my Joey hate dampen a little.
I think we look at those who lynched poor Tol. Is that fair?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:06 am

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:46 am

springogeek

Postby springogeek » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:11 pm

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Did anyone correctly predict their vote count from the last class?

This could be a good source of info.
Maxey

Postby Maxey » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Me and Fred guessed our votes right so we got to ask a couple of questions. First we asked if everyone in the game was a Gryffindor just to check if there was some nonsense with the game that meant that the scum were among us and the answer was no. So people are definitely lying. We also asked if Colin Creevey was in the game and the answer was yes so that puts Guy in the clear I believe. Unfortunately this doesnt really get us much closet to finding the scum but does at least start to create a circle of trust.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Just going to come out and say that I am absolutely, definitely not the Dentist this time (or have a dentist power). 100% true!

Now that that is out of the way, it does indeed look like the protector has emerged triumphant, so it seems important for Joey to tell us who he protected last night.

Not going to lie, a little bit suspicious of Martin's whole 'I asked exactly the same question so everyone can trust everyone wooo!' statement though I am inclined to believe maxey at the moment (or it's the most brilliant mafia play in the history of the forums).

I'm interested to hear a little more from Double today, he was notably absent from the end of the previous day and didn't cast a vote at all. Potentially trying to avoid being tied down to any significant bandwagons or votes?

I also asked a question yesterday, I asked 'are there a set amount of lessons before the game ends' and received the answer 'no'. More than anything, I wanted to make sure that we're not on a tight time frame for hitting a mafia player without knowing it. Hopefully everyone found out some juicy information!
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:22 pm

I asked a question about the win condition for Gryffindor players.

I can share the details but I'm slightly wary that it may assist the scum. Their wincon could be as vague as ours. What do you think?

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”