Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Hello all,

I hereby open up the new game of mafia for NRUK!

Rules copied from Nem's last game copied below:

1. Once you’ve said something, it stays said. Don’t edit your posts, even for simple things like typos.
2. To vote for someone, use the format Vote: Nemamiah. If it's not bold it doesn't count, and remember to add the space after the colon. You may Vote: No Vote if you don’t want anyone to be cursed.
3. You may change or retract your votes as many times as you wish until the vote is locked. To help me track votes, it would be appreciated if you could either Unvote: No Vote or Change Vote: New Target when doing this.
4. For a curse to be locked in someone must get votes from more than half the players (so if there are nine players they’ll need five votes) If a day ends with nobody killed then it will pass to night phase without any day kills.
6. I will post vote counts as and when I can, but feel free to request one.
7. Please try to make at least one post every 72 hours. I will prod people who don’t manage this, and being repeatedly prodded may lead to a sudden outbreak of random events that may include their death, role revealing, getting a new role, or some other nonsense.
8. Do not post once you are dead (unless I tell you you can)
9. If you are unable to post for any reason or anticipate having very limited access, please let people know in thread. Doing so will exempt you from the 72 hour prodding and I may extend the game time on that basis
10. Please do not quote directly from your role PM’s.
11. If you have any questions let me know, either by a PM here or some other method.
12. Most importantly, remember, it’s just a game! Please have fun and try to ensure that others do too.
13. This is the first thing I have run - if I got the balance wrong then feel free to hate me forever and curse my name.

-

The day begins and all the cards find themselves in a deckbox - their owner must have casually put them to one side but... horror of horrors... ALL HAVE BEEN SLEEVED THE WRONG WAY ROUND?!!? WHO IS WHO!?! NOBODY KNOWS!!!

The thing is - if they find themselves in a box with too many jank cards by the end of their time in the deckbox the owner might assume that this was a box full of jank and throw it to the back of the cupboard - perhaps never to be found again! OH NOES! So they must root out the jank within their midst, and tear the card to pieces!

But as we all know, once night falls, that's when jank gets its full power. When Pubrunner rules the roost, and players toss and turn in their bed thinking that cards that should be in binders deserve to be in decks. So every night, so long as they live, the jank cards will kill one of the good ones!

DUN DUN DERRRRRRRR

---

The day.... begins.

---

Please post in here for your day discussion. There has been no night yet, take from that what you will. I will allow the day to last until the end of the week to get people used to things. I may reduce the length of the day if all post and it ends before then (of course) but theoretically I will hard limit this until this Sunday. If nothing has happened by Sunday at 1600 hours then the day will end anyway.

---

Requested List of Players

unitled
Smashman
Sixtyten
tolaasin
Nemamiah
Chimpster
MartinP
just_rob
Swiftie
ouroborosglyx
SavvySteve
DoubleAitch
Cenedra
Last edited by GuyCliquil on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
unitled
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby unitled » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Hey fellow cards!

I'm pretty vital, 3 of in most decks I reckon. Think we need to strim down the jank. Anyone want to own up to being a copycat or a disruptor so we can boot them and play some PROPER netrunner?
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Hello fellow cards! I for one am pleased that these sleeves, whilst backwards are at least not tatty, dogeared and split. One might even be tempted to vote for someone who kept their sleeves like that! Anyway. Looking forward to this nonsense.
MOON MONEY!
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Morning folks,

Sadly I cannot see anyone else here. I seem to be the wrong way round. Anyone else having the same problem...?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:16 pm

MOON MONEY!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:35 pm

I think my deck sleeve is slightly illegal in that I can just about see through it - and it's one of those really trendy Snare sleeves from FFG.

Also, whoever's right behind me in this deckbox, please can you move your elbow as it's digging me in the ribs.

I'm a dull, but indispensable part of all corp decks, obviously. I'm betting we all claim that though.

tolaasin
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:37 pm

also, guy, can you update the header post with a list of players?
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Will dance for Laurie Points
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Interesting that we have a mixture of corp and runner cards. I don't think that it's significant, but I was unsure if we would be one side or the other. Personally I'm a corp card. And not jank obvs.
MOON MONEY!
unitled

Postby unitled » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:53 pm

"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:54 pm

I normally have both corp and Runner in the same box. Never the same sleeves though...
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:55 pm

I always feel that we need to hear from everyone before voting starts unless someone hasn't posted at all. Unless someone lets slip that they're analog dreamers.
MOON MONEY!
SavvySteve

Postby SavvySteve » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Afternoon folks.

Interesting that we have runner and Corp cards. Clearly our owner isn't the best at keeping cards in soon sort of order. And be sleeved the wrong way, horrifying.

For the record, if people are wanting to know, I am a Runner card (and not janky).
Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Ooh interesting setup. The day 1 situation is always tricky so not sure where to begin.

Do we know the number of cards yet?
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Will dance for Laurie Points
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 pm

I for one am very much looking forward to the part where someone is forced to reveal an identity and we then spend a day discussing if we think the card counts as Jank or not. Trying to second guess our DM!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Afternoon all cards. I trust my sleeve to be of the Matte Pro variety or something similar ;)

Happy to come forward saying that I'm a pretty essential card for runners... sometimes. I'm a good ol' tech card that has seen plenty of inclusion in deck lists, even if I'm not relevant in every match up :D

(Sadface, didn't get to be Nasir :P)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:16 pm

MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Happy to reveal what card I am at this stage, I think that it doesn't give the jank any more information than they already have - we all know what jank cards looks like after all :) Not going to reveal my role at this stage, doesn't seem necessary.

I am 'Desperado'.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Evening all!

Forcing everyone to flavour reveal immediately might get us into a bit of a pickle and make it easy pickings for the jank (although I'm happy to do so if people would prefer) For now though I'll say that I'm sleeved in Dragonshield, which is nice and tough to allow for lots and lots of use ;)
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Trust you, Guy.

Sounds like an interesting twist on the Mafia formula.
SavvySteve

Postby SavvySteve » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm happy to do a flavour reveal if others are (and/or it's a good idea)
Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:59 pm

I really don't see the harm - I know my flavour and role aren't immediately obvious.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:06 pm

I'll also say that I'm a corp card ... and probably one of the most played corp cards of all time. A fundamental part of pretty much every corp deck ever played.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”