Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

SavvySteve
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby SavvySteve » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:49 pm

I can see the name angle for Desperado but I would have thought any of the Weyland cards would have been a better fit.

As for who Chimp should target, I guess Smash would be the best choice if he doesn't reply soon, or ouroborosglyx since he has been equally as quiet.
Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:58 pm

[Unvote: No Vote]

So, I believe that Chimpster is who he says he is. The flavour sort of fits and it's not the sort of ability that a scum player usually has. It's also extremely easy to prove whether he's lying or not (as he can fire the ability), so it'd be a rubbish bluff.

Firing it on day 1, however, seems like a waste. Vigilante is quite a powerful ability when a fork develops on a later day (for example, you have two players who are opposed, making it likely that one is scum and one is town), as you can pop one off and then work out from there what's going on.

If Chimpster wants to fire it then so be it, but it should probably be at someone who can gain us enough information to try and make a slightly informed vote. I don't know who that would be at the moment.
Will dance for Laurie Points
unitled

Postby unitled » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:10 pm

"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Yeah, I meant it just proves that he's telling the truth about his role, not necessarily that he's town aligned.

The problem here is that picking off a quiet one doesn't tell us a huge amount; if they haven't voted for anyone and nobody has voted for them then we learn very little.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:02 pm

I have it on good authority from elvortel that smashman is ill and has been off sick all this week.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:42 pm

It might not be the best use day one. I don't disagree, however, as the only one who has claimed, I suspect I would have been targeted night one. I'd be gutted if I didn't use my power at all.

So again, I'm happy for someone to convince me that it's better to target someone other than Smash. I'm going to pull the trigger tonight one way or the other. If I don't, we don't get a chance to react to the new information before the Sunday deadline.

I have a gut feeling suspicion that I might act on but I want to give as many people an opportunity to pitch in as possible. The more chatter tonight, the better.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:47 pm

I am inclined to believe that Chimp is town aligned for now. It would be a hell of a bold mafia play this early on. We always need someone to take a "prominent" kind of role day to day to allow us to make progress. Naturally it doesn't clear him day 1 but I think voting for him right now would not be a good move.

As ever with this game, talk is cheap and actions is the most concrete things we can go on. How Chimp uses his power will be very telling.
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Blimey, I have been missing.
My apologies. As tolassin says I've not been well so this took a bank seat in my mind.

What's voting like at the moment?

Sorry again.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 pm

mainly smashman, the focus is on you :)> So tell us who you are and why we shouldn't vote for you!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:14 pm

MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:29 pm

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:34 pm

No-one looking to sway me? Surprised how quiet everyone has been on the subject!
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Maybe everyone is paraliased by fear chimp!
SavvySteve

Postby SavvySteve » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:08 pm

I already said who I thought it should be. But to repeat, I said probably a quieter person especially because we will probably have to lynch them at some point anyway.

Yes, we don't get information from the kill, but at this point, I'd rather kill someone quiet and than someone who is talking and giving us stuff to work with.
Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:18 pm

God damn day one. I'm going on holiday tomorrow so I expect to be out of action for the day whilst I'm flying etc but I want to get a vote in before the deadline. I've re read the entire thread and am suspicious of precisely nobody right now!

I'm going to:

Vote: Smashman

as he still seems like our best shot of actually getting a lynch through in time.

I'm away for a week but will do my best to check in morning and evening (no wifi in hotel room but there should be in the lobby)

(Note: This is NOT a hint at my being any kind of hot tub related super jank weyland agenda!)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:28 pm

MOON MONEY!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:13 am

Not this time although there will be a mendax so that almost counts right?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:25 am

MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:07 am

Ok, gut instinct time.

Desperado kill: Unitled

I've found his voting patterns very scum like, bandwagons galore. It's just a feeling. Could be very wrong, it's happened once or twice before :p
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:04 am

Well, that should open up discussion
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:20 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:13 am

Oh my goodness...
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 am

With a cry in the bright light the Chimpster card charges Unitled and tears him in half - sleeve and all. In the panic suddenly the card is gone and most are left wondering why.

More importantly all wonder - was he jank?

-----

I can confirm that unitled is dead.

No other information is forthcoming at this time.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:54 am

arrrgh! You tease!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”