Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

ouroborosglyx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby ouroborosglyx » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:19 pm

ouroborosglyx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ouroborosglyx » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Oh and my reveal: I'm Sure Gamble.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Vote Count:

Martin P - ouroborosglyx,
Swiftie - MArtin P,
Chimpster - Sixtyten,

----

I am going to extend the game until 1800 on Friday.

I appreciate that I have extended a previous limit, but i feel like we are getting some discussion and I am in charge so ner ner ner.

---
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:51 pm

I think extending it is fair- I really want to process what has been said and vote accordingly. Tolaasin- you don't have an ability, is that right? I guess hedge fund is as vanilla as they come!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 pm

If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
SavvySteve

Postby SavvySteve » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 pm

SavvySteve

Postby SavvySteve » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 pm

I believe everyone has revealed. As for the claims, there's a couple of interesting ones.

The obvious one is just_Rob and his role. I agree it sounds... odd. I think Rob needs to give some more details about how his role works.

Another interesting one is Sixtyten, with a negative town role. Along with the setup and no information on deaths, it might mean there are less janky cards than expected. I doubt it, but it's something to think about.
Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 pm

MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:55 pm

I dont particularly see how i was pushing for a reveal. And even if i was, i dont think its particularly lynch worthy - it has been the only course of action thats given us something to discuss. Will put my vote down once ive read more than just the posts i got a notification from (so likely tomorrow now).
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:44 am

just_rob sounds a bit like the bus driver - http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

But it seems like a power that just causes confusion rather than actually be useful.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm

So I do not get any information about what actions have taken place because that would be ridiculous. I am trying to avoid quoting directly from my role explanation but it is a simple (I choose a player to move any night actions from to another player of my choice)

It is a protective role with a downside. But if we had an investigator that can then survive longer because of it it could be pretty powerful.

I understand the suspicion because of the unusual power. However I am worried about the bandwagon forming here. Given that I have provided all the information I could when that wasn't even required.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I have no ability, I'm afraid. I'd say I'm vanilla but that would just cause confusion :)
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Vote Count:

Martin P - ouroborosglyx,
Swiftie - MArtin P,
Chimpster - Sixtyten,
JustRob - Swiftie, Cenadra,
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:30 pm

MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 pm

I really don't think we have vanilla roles, just doesn't sit right with what we know about the game.

So Vote: tolaasin
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Also, the deck seems very heavily weighted towards runner cards at the moment and I'd like to test one of these corp card claims.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:15 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Martin P - ouroborosglyx, (1)
Swiftie - MArtin P, (1)
Chimpster - Sixtyten,(1)
JustRob - Swiftie, Cenadra, (2)
Tolaasin - Chimpster (1)
The Praetor of Jank
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Sigh - here we go again. Chimp - you're voting for me because I'm a corp card? I've been clear from the beginning that I was 'dull but indispensable'. And surely all mafia games are going to have vanilla roles.

Sorry, but this just makes me suspect you almost as much as just_rob.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:26 pm

And for completeness, I'll point out that before Cenedra asked me, I'd made it clear in my role claim that I was 'Deadly uninteresting as far as this game goes'.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Just don't think we have vanilla roles. No-one else has claimed vanilla that I'm aware and only 2 people have claimed corp cards compared to an overwhelming majority of runner cards. I think the logic is pretty self explanatory, even if you obviously don't agree with it.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:48 pm

I don't follow that logic at all. I would have thought it self-evident that the game would be balanced wrt corp/runner, and thus it's more appropriate to look at runner claims, not corp claims.

What makes you think that Guy would have created a game in which everyone is a runner card?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:03 pm

The corp cards are the exceptions though, makes sense to test the exceptions to me! Guy has setup a game where we are a 'deck' and some of us are jank cards. Having two decks simultaneously seems slightly odd. Odd enough to test anyway.

Again, not expecting you to agree with me tolassin, but I think it's a fairly logical reason for casting a vote your way.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”