Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

tolaasin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Voting for me because I'm voting for you (for what I deem go be fairly logical reasons) just seems a bit daft, especially when I've done my very best to be entirely above board the whole game. If you think that we should pursue another lynch, make your case and try and persuade me to that end!
just_rob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby just_rob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:27 pm

So here is where my thinking is at right now. I'm not 100% confident where to land my vote but I have tried to play all of these type of games in the same way - try to avoid the talk and accusations and look at the more concrete actions taken by players. Votes and abilities.

Chimpster has talked a lot about how his use of ability "proves" his innocence. Whilst that may be the case I am worried that looking at it through this view may not help.

The other point of view on this is that if Chimp is a townie then he had one of the most potent abilities avilable to us. If we managed to out someone and back them into a corner - or if we had an axis of trust to work with The kill power could swing the game for us. Using it on a hunch seems a throwaway of an extremely important ability. Would a town player jeopardise the whole task so that they can use their power to move that game along? I really hope I am not wrong about this but I cannot look past this being a really bold play by a mafia player. If it comes off then Kudos to you.

So base on that I will be vote :Chimpster unless something else concrete comes up.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Ask yourself how likely it would be for a jank player to have an ability that kills someone in the day. Then ask yourself if a jank player would be the first to role and flavour reveal without any pressure whatsoever. I did it to try and give us more information, too often in these games people hold onto their abilities or information and don't get to help town out - because they're dead.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 pm

As a counterpoint to chimps post - if the role were in the hands of a Jank card - when is the best time to use such an ability? It has to be done out in the open, a late kill would certainly out themselves. The use of a power and role reveal have to go hand in hand. You cant use the power then not claim. Insta lynch. So when does a mafia use the power? Surely use it early and claim yourself to be town. Gain an upper hand for mafia vs town voting and if you die then you still maintain number advantage. Powers seem to be a little bit off for a regular game. We aren't getting any hard information and this power use is the only hard information we currently have. I think we need to decide where we lie on this as a group. As a town, we do not want this to rumble on throughout. It will only be allowing the mafia to hide away.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Hmm well I'm really not sure here.

The theory that Chimpsters reveal and power-use is a jank bluff seems too bold for me to believe, but then he is a bold player (using a oneshot kill on day 1 based on a hunch is pretty bold regardless of allegiance).

As a corp card myself I know his theory that corp=jank is not true and so I don't feel good about the tolaasin lynch.

Gonna have to do a reread to try and find a convincing vote to back. I tend to believe everyone in these games so I need to try and be a bit more cynical.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Chimpster - I'm voting for you because I find your arguments specious, and suspicious.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Hey, if I can't persuade you all after flavour revealing first, role revealing first and then using the role exactly as described, I doubt there's much I can say in my defence that'll change your mind!

I'm definitely sticking with my vote for now, especially as none of the other votes have me persuaded.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:07 pm

In all seriousness though, is there anyone else who is vanilla? Anyone? Because if not, surely we've got to hammer tolassin here.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:43 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Do any of the 3 I mention want to come forward and claim a power? That will be most telling in whether I throw my vote in with Chimpster against Tol.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 pm

I clarified that it takes one less vote to lynch me. That is my exciting power.
MOON MONEY!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:18 pm

While it's not an exciting ability, it's definitely not vanilla. Still - will be interesting to see if ouro has an ability as sure gamble. If he does, I don't think tolassin has anywhere to go really with his assertion that every game must have vanilla players just because.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:24 pm

I'd be very interested to hear from ouroborosglyx, who is the runner counterpart to Tol's claim.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 pm

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 pm

My point was not that the game must have vanilla players, but that it's not unreasonable that the game does, given that p much all the games I've taken part in have had players with no abilities.

But whatever.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:53 am

If it helps I do have a passive ability (similar but different to sixtytens). It's not great and I'll reveal it if necessary but it does become less relevant if the Jank know about it.

Deadline is approaching and I'm not sure if I'll be able to post this afternoon.

For now I'll vote: ouroborosglyx to try and get a response but will try to check back before 6 to re-evaluate.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:53 pm

ouroborosglyx

Postby ouroborosglyx » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:09 pm

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:13 pm

I'm still suspicious about just_robs claim as well ... we have but a few hours how. How do we want to use the overnight abilities (if we do)?
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 pm

in for a penny: Change Vote: just_rob
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Why do I keep being metioned about pushing for role reveals. It's martinp and chimpster and savvysteve that have been bringing them up. I don't mind revealing as mine gives nothing useful to the jank. Just rob is suspicious, but i'm sticking with my chimpster vote for the time being.
MOON MONEY!
ouroborosglyx

Postby ouroborosglyx » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:39 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Current Vote Count:

Martin P - ouroborosglyx, (1)
Swiftie - MArtin P, (1)
Chimpster - Sixtyten, JustRob,(1)
JustRob - Swiftie, Cenadra, Tolaasin, (3)
Tolaasin - Chimpster (1)

It takes 5 to lynch... probably.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Unvote: ouroborosglyx

I'm happy that either Tol + ouroborosglyx are either both vanilla (it fits their cards), or are both jank scum and are colluding :P But I'm going to say I more believe you then I don't, they are certainly "key" netrunner cards I'd expect in a game like this.

Again I don't see how I encouraged role revealing - but I do believe it was more useful then doing nothing with our day. I'm not jank, I am Plascrete Carapace and lynching me would lose a valuable power.

I'm not going to bandwagon onto JustRob just yet but I will do to close the day if needed. What about JustRobs ability makes it suspect? We've had redirectors in mafia games in the past.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”