Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Waiting to hear from swiftie and oro.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:05 am

Let's be a little bit careful with claims. While we need to gain as much information as we can, we really don't want to give away who our power roles are and that may well be easy to extrapolate from card identities.

Vote: Swiftie as a gentle prod to check in.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:58 am

I'll try a vote: oroborosglyx to chivvy them along too.
MOON MONEY!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Are people being particularly quiet for this one or has being on slack changed my perspective?
MOON MONEY!
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:17 pm

The first day is always kinda cagey tbh, people aren't sure what to go for... We don't have mendax in who is a first day lynch magnet.

I'm happy to prod some people into voting with a vote: ouroborosglyx. Let's get some chat going!
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:31 pm

I think for old times sake we should vote mendax out on the first day anyway :).
ouroborosglyx

Postby ouroborosglyx » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:58 pm

(Sorry about inactivity, work has been ridiculous this week and on top of that RPGing last night)

Hello fellow cards! I have no particularly strong opinions on early flavour claims. The best case scenario is some terrible jank double-claims (i.e. picks the same card as a real card is) and outs themselves, but there are quite a lot of non-jank cards in netrunner, so I don't know whether that's likely. But then there's not much downside as far as I can see. A good way to do flavour claims in mafia is to get people to claim then nominate someone else to claim (this means that people will generally name people they're suspicious of, and if we have a fixed order it's harder for jank to weasel their way out of claiming), so I would be happy to follow along with that if Chimpster would like to nominate someone?
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 pm

(Also sorry for missing the begining of this, my boss is on jury duty so things have been a bit busy at work and was driving by a nice Thai place so got distraced on the way home tonight)

Hi fellow cards, best get this under way since i'm a bit slow to start this up. Having not played any style of mafia game before and my view on jank cards has been warped by a certain card that only wonders what if the ice is free. I can confirm though that my card has not yet been altered to look like Taylor Swift yet.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:37 pm

I nominate Nemamiah to reveal his card name. He's far too good at this game to leave unchallenged :)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:39 pm

unvote: ourobourosglyx as now active
MOON MONEY!
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 am

unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:48 am

Hey hey, the gang is all here! Time for wild accusations to start flying.

I think it's PRETTY SUSPICIOUS that chimp is suddenly singling out Nememiah... yeah, he may be a asset to the jank team if that's what he is, but we definitely want him on our side if not!
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:07 am

Also pretty bold of Chimpster to reveal his role early. No one has counterclaimed yet so he can hopefully be investigated (is anyone infiltration?!) overnight.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:41 am

Note that Chimpster hasn't revealed his role, he's just claimed a card.

I'm still not sure that we want to be mass claiming card names yet, for the same reasons that I said above. The chances of us getting anything positive out of this are pretty slim (there are a ton of competitive cards, so the chances of a double claim are really low), and we may be giving the jank cards information about where our power roles are.

If the majority of people want to go ahead with the mass claim then I'll run with it. I don't think it's beneficial in this set-up though.
Will dance for Laurie Points
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:25 am

Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:34 am

SavvySteve

Postby SavvySteve » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I can understand why people might be hesitant to reveal what card they are if it is likely to reveal their role. I guess it would come down to whether we could tell a fake claim from the others (or get a double claim).

Personally, I'm not too bothered which way this goes. I can't really blame people for not wanting to reveal this early.
Preston SC Winner 2016
Manchester TO
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Jank cards are just tier 1 cards that have not found their uses or been played by Guy/Rotage yet. I have been played by both players and by many other more 'skilled' players.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:19 pm

MOON MONEY!
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:23 pm

I am a runner card, not usually a 3 of in a deck but always at least a 1 of. I think I may have found something interesting whilst rereading guy's rules post.

I think he might be saying that the Jank cards don't know who each other are. I played proper werewolf at the weekend and we had the wolves opening their eyes at the start of the game (night 0) so they knew each other for day 1 onwards. That is normal for these kind of games... Am I misreading him here?
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:25 pm

I should really quote him

"There has been no night yet, make of that what you will."
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:51 pm

seems fair, Rob, at this stage. I'm never sure on day one whether we go for it and lynch someone or hedge our bets and hold fire until we have more input.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:54 pm

MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”