Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

tolaasin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia

Postby tolaasin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:04 pm

So Savvy, follow that through. You're suspicious of Sixty, who's been 'cleared' by Swiftie. And you're going with Swiftie's nomination of me?

Let's ask the question in a different way - for everybody. What makes you feel that Swiftie is trustworthy? We've not as far as I'm aware, nailed a single jank card, so they are all still in the deckbox.
MartinP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jank in the Deckbox - New Mafia Game

Postby MartinP » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 pm

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:03 pm

I think with the number of people left behind, there's a chance that by lynching me, we lose anyway, given the number of jank cards who must be left and the night actions. You lose me, and then someone else overnight, so we're two down. Run the numbers - Swiftie has to know that he's going to be exposed tomorrow, so the jank have to have a plan for that which allows them to win.

The alternative is that you look very carefully at who piled on after Swiftie's claim against me - especially people who have hardly posted at all - and vote for him instead.

Seriously, the non-jank are about to lose this game.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Whilst I understand what you are saying, Tol, it's far riskier for us to test this theory out on Swiftie than on you because he has a role that is useful to the town whereas you're just claiming to be vanilla.

Are we still waiting for anybody to post?
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:05 pm

You'd say that, Cenedra, if you were in cahoots with Swiftie, wouldn't you.

Please, run the numbers on whether the non-jank can win if I'm lynched and you find out I'm Hedge Fund.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:02 pm

So my thinking is this:

If Swiftie was Jank then his claim to have an investigator power would have been challenged at this stage. Unless that power had died already. So I am inclined to believe Swiftie, as it is less likely we lost our investigator to a night kill early on.

However, if Tolaasin is not Jank then we have a clear target for the next day.

Swiftie has already checked my card and confirmed it as turntable. So I am inclined to trust him.

Either way we end up in the position where we surely must go for one or the other today. My vote clearly stays with Tolaasin.
ouroborosglyx

Postby ouroborosglyx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Lynching tolaasin to find out whether swifties investigator claim is legit is a pretty good strat, except for the fact that we seem to not gain information from lynches right away. Nevertheless, I'm hoping someone in the town has the ability to trigger reveals on dead players, so I think it's worth going ahead with it.

Vote: tolaasin
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:24 pm

unless, just_rob, you're in the same camp with Cenedra, and Swiftie.

Remind me, what's swiftie's ability? He's claiming that he's confirmed the cards belonging to SixtyTen, and me, and just_rob as well - seems like an overclaim to me.

Anyway, I suspect I'm not long for this world.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:20 pm

I think that jumping to try and cast me immediately into the same catagory as Swiftie and cenendra is a bit of a reach.

I'm trying to base it off of the facts as I see it. Unless Swiftie has tried to gain my trust by revealing my card and is Jank! But I think that this could be a case of Ocum's Razor.

I know my card and have had other player confirm it. That player is catagorically saying you are not the card you revealed to us. I do agree that the alternative option is that Swiftie is pulling a fast one. However of these two options the first seems more likely to me.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 pm

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:07 am

Of course, yes, it's desperation - you're about to lynch me - and Swiftie has you all good and proper. But sadly, the non-jank going to rue this in a couple of hours.

Anyway, go for it.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:39 am

Hello!

It's all been going on here hasn't it?! Apologies for the AWOL: I stopped getting notifications.

Ultimately it comes down to whether we believe Tol or Swiftie. So far no actual "jank" cards have been revealed: only those on the most wanted list or not. Copy cat is a pet card for Guy, but sticks out like a sore thumb compared to all the other cards. Either the jank team have been very good (seems odd with no night kills) or there's the weirdest theme for this game. Glad all the sleeves have been taken off those killed.

I really can't decide if I trust Tol or Swiftie/Cenedra or not. Swiftie has backed up my claim, but only after I revealed. Tol is looking particularly fragile, but seems to think that the town lose if he is lynched.

How many left for a lock?
MOON MONEY!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:38 am

tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:40 am

Unambiguously, he's not been telling the truth about his ability.
Cenedra

Postby Cenedra » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

That was SavvySteve, not Swiftie. Now I just think you're really desperate and you're trying to confuse us.

Vote: Tolaasin
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 am

No, it wasn't. It was Swiftie on Monday 28th November at 9.18 pm.
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:56 am

well, shoot me now. Netrunners.co.uk search is completely borked. If you search by Swiftie's post, it shows that post with no reference to SavvySteve.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:08 am

I've just looked back. It was Savvy Steve's ability as hems hades shard.

vote: tolaasin
MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:08 am

I meant to type Hades Shard.
MOON MONEY!
tolaasin

Postby tolaasin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:16 am

Oh, you're right - but check it out for yourself. Do an advanced search for swiftie as an author and look at what comes back. You don't get the full post in the results - The quote which Swiftie made is missing from the results.

Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to incompetence.

Farewell, cruel world.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:20 am

MOON MONEY!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Boy that escalated quickly.

--

Vote count:

Tolaasin: ,Swifite JustROb ,SavvySteve,Ouroborosglyx,Cenadra,Sixtyten's vote came in after the round have officially ended were I robocopping this super fast
Swiftie: Tolaasin

--

Tolaasin, under the pointing finger (finger, how are cards pointing fingers? WHO KNOWS!) is thrown out of the deck box and as he falls is revealed...

AS Hedge Fund

--

8 cards remain.
Night actions please.
Last edited by GuyCliquil on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:08 pm

And the night ended.

The cards looked about them to find what was missing, and lo, and behold

SavvySteve was lying outside the deckbox dead - Hades Shard , its last desperate act revealing all the previous dead now possibly for nothing.

With 7 dead only 4 are required for a lynch!

--

Day is open
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Well i’m not going to lie that did not go as planned…

The people I investigated so far
Sixtyten – MoH
Just_rob – Turntable
Tolaasin – COPYCAT (Guy's jank card incarnate)

Roles people have claimed
DoubleAitch – claims Mental Health Clinic
Ouroborosglyx – claims sure gamble
MartinP – claims plascrete carapace

Dead cards
Chimpster – desperdo dead
Nemeniah – deuces wild dead
smashman – lucky find dead
Unitled – GFI dead
SavvySteve - Hades Shard dead

Have I missed anyone?

I trust Cenedra on the basis they used their ‘inject’ power to get extra information on jank cards and there WAS a jank card there (TOLAASIN!)

Based on this i’m going to investigate Ouroborosglyx since his card is so similar to Tolaasin I think there might be some sort of collusion between them and can tell you that Ouro is Sure Gamble.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:40 am

vote: swiftie following the Tolaasin debacle.

At this point I wonder if there are actually any "jank" cards and Guy is trying to make a comment on the meta in general.
MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”