World of Darkness Mafia: WEREWOLVES WIN!

elvortel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: World of Darkness Mafia Day 4

Postby elvortel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:17 pm

"By my count that is four votes for Giles. One more will spell the end for him."
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Giles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Giles

Postby Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Ok looking at the train, MEndax appears to have completely missed the fact he jumped on a bandwagon, and chimpsters had his vote on for ages, so maybe not that much of a train.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:37 pm

I have been accused of being too bloodthirsty in this game. Given that we're moving into a fairly late stage, now seems a good time to not aggressively lead the voting.
Giles

Postby Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:45 pm

what? are you saying you tried to passively lead the voting, or you dont realize you put me at l-1?

im not sure what youre trying to get at?
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:01 pm

MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:05 pm

MOON MONEY!
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:07 pm

Ok so things have certainly developed this afternoon and it looks like a crucial point in the game with accusations flying everywhere. I need to write a full response. I don't have the time to do so right now but will be able to do it in a couple of hours after putting the kids to bed. Just wanted to pop my head in to say that I am here and will post my opinions asap.
Giles

Postby Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:11 pm

interesting phrasing there sixtyten. I have an power with 2 "attack points", which will kill if they dont have adequate defence. I know noone else has mentioned defence and there wasnt really a need for me to add it, but as i was L-1 i figured people should probably know about it before im lynched, because you can be pretty sure the mafia know about it.

I wasnt told how much defense i have so i dont know if anyone else was or if its a hidden thing.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Vote: unvote to buy us some time to discuss this development
Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:50 pm

And now that I've got that out of the way: Giles, you haven't used your ability at all? If I was you I certainly would have been tempted. (The more truth we can get out the better in all honesty)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:51 pm

MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:52 pm

MOON MONEY!
Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:26 pm

springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:35 pm

This thread got weird fast...

Since we are basing this game on WoD which is a roleplaying game system/setting, it might make sense for there to be a stats system somewhere, hidden underneath.

My power and description made no mention of attack or defense points, and that seems to be the case across most of the active players.

Giles' voting history consistently hits known vampires, apart from Chimpster, interestingly.

Since Chimpster has yet to make a vote for any vampires, perhaps Giles' is onto something. Either way, I'm a little hesitant to lynch him yet, so I'm keeping my vote where it is.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:42 pm

MOON MONEY!
springogeek

Postby springogeek » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:53 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:07 pm

I am very confused by all this to be honest folks!

He's blatantly lying, that role reveal is completely unconvincing. This added to the fact that he's trying to cast suspicion on anyone else if it'll stick all point to one simple fact: he's mafia.

I'm struggling to see where the nuance in this is?
Giles

Postby Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Giles

Postby Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:34 pm

I will of course be willing to take direction in the use of this ability for the future now that we're getting down to more manageable numbers and can get better reads on people.
shanodin

Postby shanodin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:40 pm

OK, I didn't really want to reveal this part, but my role actually makes mention of defense, specifically that I have high defense (won't say the exact number, think it's clear why).

It's not that I can't be killed. It's just hard to. Just revealing because it does have an impact on this discussion.

In all honesty I was hoping a mafia would try and kill me, and then have me survive the attack - that would throw a spanner in the works. TBH I don't know if I would know if they tried or not, so they may well have already tried.

But yeah, Giles isn't the only one where defense/attack is relevant.

I agree with whoever it was that said the mafia almost certainly know about these mechanics - I am kinda speculating that some of them have higher attack values than the others, and night kills are more likely to be successful if they send the more powerful killers after people.

So far Giles has voted for two mafia Vamps. Going to assume that he is not a Vampire but as has been said, he may well be a werewolf. We need to lynch a wolf.

I am going to vote: Chimpster - I think we would get a *lot* of information from a Chimp lynch, since he has been the target of a lot of speculation, suspicion, and general discussion for this game.
See you later, Space Cowboy.
shanodin

Postby shanodin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:41 pm

I agree with Giles' last post. Chimp is acting a little scared, almost like a cornered villain. I suspect that if we don't get a Chimp lynch today, now the cat is out of the bag, Giles will just kill him (or try to) tonight.
See you later, Space Cowboy.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”