Ultimate Werewolf: Hoodlum wins

Joey

Re: Ultimate Werewolf: Day 3

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:35 pm

I think pretty much anyone is fine with pretty much any of those 3. I think things will be pretty clear by morning.
Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:50 pm

I think two of them are probably wolves. I'd rate them in this order, from most suspicious to least:

NetrunningYork
Cerebrus
Doubleaitch
MartinP

I'm happy to go with either of the top two, or Doubleaitch if we really can't swing anything else. MartinP shouldn't be lynched, in my opinion.
Will dance for Laurie Points
DoubleAitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:08 pm

OK. So a crazy amount has happened while I was on that train (though it does take a while to get from Newcastle to Bristol, who knew).... The thing I'm least sure about not really knowing the game is what to make of the Elder's intervention. Do people think that fully confirms Nem and Spring's story? Or is there still a chance this is a bluff of some kind. Before that, my view was this:

I'm pretty inclined to believe Elvortel is the seer, but we need to be aware of the possibility of a wolf who can evade his detection (i believe wolf man, equivalent to godfather in mafia). Nemeniah seems a pretty plausible candidate for that, since i)he's defended Smashman and was posting in a somewhat weird fashion on days 1 and 2, ii)he would be able to use the seer's backing to protect the other wolf (springogeek) and then iii)the wolves could kill of the rest of us secure in the knowledge that Elv is going to look at the wrong people. Given that, I think a Nemeniah lynch makes some sense still. Think of the amount of information we gain from it. We'd have more or less total confidence in Elvortel's reveal, we could entirely trust Spring and we'd have narrowed down the targets to the list people have mentioned above (+Joey, who is only village according to his own word as far as I can see). But, if Nem flips wolf we can then lynch Spring and its probably GG for the town.

AS I said, I wasn't totally confident in this plan before, and i'm a bit less so now the Elder's intervened, but I think its worth raising as a possibility. The massive benefit is that either way Nem flips we learn absolutely loads.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:15 pm

I think we should leave Nem aside for the moment. Just a VERY STRONG hunch that I have.

If whoever our lynch target is flips village we'll have some other information to go off, and we can point the night roles at whoever we DON'T lynch in the evening. Hopefully villagers in the 'suspect' group don't take this too personally, they can't ALL be wolves, but there are surely SOME wolves among them.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Unitled, while you are making sense, I still think it's important to point out that your role claim could be complete bull and you're just a sneaky wolf now trying to lead us to a villager. Not saying this is true, just that it's something the village should bare in mind.

Also if this game does have both a lycan and a wolf man remind me to punch Andy next time I see him.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Will do :) Is it a prospect at least worth considering though before we totally trust Nem and Spring?
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:20 pm

The Elder's words suggest I might have screwed up (again) and said too much already. Depending on how strict they are I might well not make it to tomorrow morning.
Will dance for Laurie Points
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:27 pm

The elders word is interesting, not sure what to make of it, other than that's probably confirmed Nem and Spring.

If Nem thinks he's going to die anyway then a lynch on him would actually be safe.....but he's pretty much confirmed now.

Vote: No Vote

No counterclaim to the seer (as well as it being a bold move) makes me believe El.

@Untiled: What's this "hunch" of yours you keep mentioning, does it have any ground other than a gut feeling.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 pm

So of our 3 potentials today, Cerberus and NRyork havent pointed at the other two. But Double said he would most want to lynch Cerb, so maybe we can assume they are on a different team? And therefore hedge our bets and go that way. The more I think about it the more I am leaning on Cerberus. Maybe his plea that Tim and himself had bean victimised by wolves was an attempt to line with tim. I dont know.

Either way I am happy to

vote: Cerberus
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Also I am going out to Netrunner tonight so at the risk the day might end I'm going to reveal so people can give me some advice.

My ability allows me to check if people have powers or not. I get no allegiance though, so a power could be a rare wolf power or a no power could be vanilla town or wolf. I am a villager.

On night 1 I targeted smash, it came up that he had no powers - and therefore you see the switch from me hedging to trust him to pushing the lynch as he clearly lied.

Night 2 I didn't really have a good target so I checked unitled as he revealed on the first day. He does have a power. And that is why I tend to trust him.

So that brings us to night 3. Either I may draw some fire away from better targets than myself (Elv) and die a martyr in the night :p. Or I get to target someone else. So the question is who to target? We have had quite a lot of reveals so I could check up on the most suspicious, or the most critical. Or alternatively I could try and get more info on our biggest suspects - cerberus declared vanilla town, I guess if he is a wolf he will be a vanilla wolf and therefore either way I get a result of no powers so not much to learn there. So I think its either one of the revealers today or NRyork/Double...

Of course if anyone under the gun reveals then I can target them and then they have to either kill me and let Elv live or I call their bluff in the night.

Anyway. Hope yall believe me.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:50 pm

I've had Joey down as the Aura Seer for a while now (he mentioned that role much earlier, on the first day I think, and dropped some hints about checking up on me) so it backs up what I already thought. Happy to go along with that. Very long con if he's faking it...

I think aiming at anyone suspicious we haven't already lynched is the best thing to do, unless anyone has any other ideas?
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:01 pm

OK I'm on board with the vote:cerberus plan
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:59 pm

I dont have much I can add as I've no special information, but I'm definitely village. If someone wants to check me tonight cool. Obviously if I make it that far.

Most sensible thing for me to do is vote for the other guy. Vote : NetrunningYork
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:29 pm

As soon as I retract my Cerberus vote it starts to gain some traction. I'm actually having doubts about my own suspicions now, as time passes everything gets muddier and Cerb's lacklustre defence does not seem very Wolf like, but I need to show some faith and stick with my original gut feelings.
Vote: Cerberus

Hopefully, if it goes through, it will vindicate me and help the Village but if not I expect to be top of tomorrow's lynch-list (if anyone's still alive).
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:38 pm

unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:43 pm

As far as I know, Joey's power will show anyone aside from regular villagers and regular wolves as 'special'. It's a good complement to the seer's power.
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:23 pm

out of interest does anyone else want to say whether they have a role or are vanilla. Double, BRYork, Martin?? May help.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:36 am

I'm a vanilla villager.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:45 am

The sun rises in a distant land. The elders call the villagers to order.
"We had high hopes that a victim would hae been selected by now, but we still don't have a strong candidate to lynch. There's been lots of talking, too much talking from some people, so I hope we can resolve this shortly."

Day 3:
Netrunningyork 3 (cerberus, elvortel, nemamiah)
Doubleaitch 1 (martinp)
Cerberus 4 (doubleaitch, tim, unitled, joey)

10 villagers left. 6 votes to lynch.
MOON MONEY!
Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:05 am

Come on guys we can close this out in hours... netruningyork and spring need haven't got a vote in a the minute. Cj why haven't you voted cerberus? Did we manage to pick 2 wolves to target?? ... spring put a vote in and everyone else just pick 1 out of Dave and Cj, if wd all just move over to the same person we are done...

vote: netrunneryork mix things up a bit. Let's just get someone to 6.

Now: nry (4) Cerb (3)
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:16 am

Sorry guys went awol last night! Will swap my vote to vote:netrunneryork. Happy to swap to cerb if we prefer

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”