Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby mendax » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:01 pm

That's entirely fair - it's just a random vote because it's day 1 and we need voting to happen to get information.
Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:13 pm

vote: unvote as Guy has offered us something useful. He may still be evil. Or lying.

Doppelgänger is a classic Chimpster move though...
MOON MONEY!
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Really interesting setup but I have no idea how it helps us yet. In a day or two we could start to piece things together but until then I'm as clueless as on every other day 1.

Tempted to vote Tim again after his past showings but will see what else comes up. Don't trust Joey or Cerberus after they one upped us all with their priority picks, doesn't mean they are Scum but they are devious and know how to play mind games so ones to keep an eye on.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:34 am

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 am

We actually have a ton of information to start the game with, the question is how much of it should we be sharing. It's worth pointing out that the mafia will share what they know, so they start from a pretty good position in this game depending on where in the picks they were and what they chose.

Joey; we do have a doctor role available. It's just a little......unpredictable.

I also like Rob's new method of being outrageously reasonable in an attempt not to get lynched day one.
Will dance for Laurie Points
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:45 am

"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:01 am

Well, his is all very interesting. Having read the posts thus far the simplest way of gleaming information would be to put pressure on those that selected roles first. No need to call a vote just yet I feel but we stand to gain more from learning what we can from the most likely people to have roles. Soo....... Joey, over to you I feel to lead the discussion.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 am

For what it's worth, Doppelganger is a very strong pick for the person choosing second, so it may well be Cerberus who took it. It wouldn't tell us much anyway, because who they copy (and what they took) then become the relevant questions. Again, as long as he wasn't the one to take it then copying Joey is the safe play.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:08 am

Yeah, that's why it's such a strong pick to take second; it's pretty much the only role that you can guarantee that Joey won't take but still gets you something good (probably).

On the other hand, most of my analysis and instincts were way off last time, so take whatever I say with at least three sachets of salt.

It's almost certainly two mafia, as we may have an arsonist (who is effectively a serial killer) as well. In fact, that's worth calling out now. Did anyone bid for Arsonist but not get it (or even did get it, if you're feeling masochistically helpful)?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am

I'm happy to carry this thought further, it's perfectly reasonable. It should also be worth pointing out that Cerberus was less than helpful in the last game despite being town. When I was killed night one, I remarked to Andy that I was convinced that both he and Cj were wolves and was shocked when in the end he wasn't. I can never quite figure out what game he tries to play, whether he intentionally remains obtuse in every game to make a more convincing mafia when the time comes or whether he is just a bad town player. Either way, I'm very happy to eliminate him as a suspect and throw my vote his way.

Vote: Cerberus
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:57 am

As unitled said, it's worth noting I obviously am a massive target for n1 kill, therefore taking a super high power role that I will never actually get to use seems a little naive. I picked a role eith all this in mind... But I still think the doppelganger play for positions 2 or 3 makes sense.

I don't think the idea of interagating roles out of everyone is smart. Roles have nothing to do with sides and we only end up helping the mafia hugely by giving them more info to puzzle it out....

As for voting for cerberus I see some day1 logic to it... but if he is good hitting someone who had a high pick might end up taking out a really helpful role :s.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Urgh. This is really tricky. I think I agree that all role revealing would be foolish, we need to cop and role cop to live. Worth noting that being the cop is basically shit for the mafia, except that it denies us the cop. Whoever is the mad scientist (if there is one) has a really hard job tonight...

On voting, I really don't know who to go for. I think not Guy, I probably believe his claim to be vanilla. Despite still being in love with him I think the vote:cereberus plan is an OK one.
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:11 pm

I would agree it is a tad early for roleclaiming - if only so we have a chance for a cop or two to lay low and sort things out. I only put mine forward because I was lynch target and I felt my information was potentially useful to Town when I got lynched! I did not anticipate my information saving me to be honest.

My vote for Mendax applies. I know that someone has voted for definite townie, so that makes them slightly more likely to be mafia.

AND as I come to post this Joey is dialling in saying I might be a worthy target. I object, but I do appreciate he is just devil's advocating. My own case would be this: If you're sure you're hitting town are you not slightly better off hitting someone who MIGHT not be?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Guy(1): Mendax, [Sixtyten]
Mendax(2): Elvortel, Guy
Cerberus(3): Untiled, Chimpster, Tim

7 to lynch
Last edited by MouseChan on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:15 pm

All I was doing was correcting the logic that you being vanilla means you are town..
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 pm

So, as Guy has now given us something interested and Vote: Cerberus hasn't, I think it's time to change my vote.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:57 pm

I will also add vote: Cerberus to try and flush out some more info.
MOON MONEY!
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:04 pm

I do think Cerb needs to speak up soon, but I'm reluctant to add my vote for now as it would put him on L-1 very early. For now I'll Changevote: no vote though.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”