Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

unitled
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

Postby unitled » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Oh, and thank you to CJ for running :) Definitely keen on another one! I'm happy to run using UW rules unless anyone else wants to; someone was talking about a Netrunner themed one a while ago, I don't know if they've had a chance to work on it.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mendax » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:41 pm

And this is what you get when you lynch me day 1 :P
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:44 pm

I think the one that is trickier is that it is easier for the Mafia to guess where the decent power roles might be and absolutely hammer them early. Think we were getting to the right place and then we have the 4th person being anti town as well. Town definitely had a hard run on that one.

Whacky roles though - definitely added some cool elements - cheers CJ
Last edited by GuyCliquil on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm

That was very good fun. Well played Mafia. Hitting the power people deffinately helps. I had suspicions about Joey but I just couldn't sort out the mess!

Thanks for Running CJ! And thanks for the game everyone! As it is in the spirit of netrunner.

gg
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Thanks CJ and congrats to the scummers for playing it very well.

Dentist is crazy dangerous!
GuyCliquil

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 2

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:03 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:10 pm

After first night johnno came up to me at netrunner meet saying "why aren't you dead?" So suprised you didn't all lynch me as soon as I survived night 1. And we were picking off people after me, once we worked out who doppelganger, deputy and arsonist were (which was pretty quickly) it sort of just came out.. still amazed I lived.
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks Cj :)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks for running CJ. Must admit I didn't particularly enjoy this one as I didn't get a role, got picked on and saw that the town got decimated pretty early. I was very suspicious of elvortel and tim, but they never really got looked into. Martin threw a spanner in the works and none of us should have trusted joey.

Chimpster and nem also did their best to appear treacherous!

Well done scum!
MOON MONEY!
unitled

Postby unitled » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Yeah, I was chatting when the last post went up with just_rob, we thought dentistgate was a bit of a turning point here. I think I made a comment along the lines of 'maybe among all of the people arguing that the other is mafia, there are none, and they're sitting back all relaxed.' Seems that was the case! Don't trust the quiet ones. And, although you can trust him, do the opposite of what Nem says.

As soon as Joey survived the second night we should have been on him to find out why he was alive!
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah, in all seriousness I think we got damn lucky, especially with Nem and Chimpster being so confidently and disastrously wrong! We thought killing Cerb would be a bit of a giveaway for Joey, so we were surprised that no-one really looked into him. Thank Chimpster again for that I suppose. :P
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Three scum and a serial killer in a thirteen player game feels pretty tough, but we played day 1 and day 2 particularly badly as town. By that point whether we actually trusted Joey or not on day 3 was probably largely irrelevant; hitting a mafia instead of the arsonist would probably have just slowed it down a little, but we were deep in a hole by then.

Anyway, thanks a bunch CJ. I still have a kind of homebrewed cowboys mafia to run at some point, but it will need to wait until after World's now.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Also, I maintain that Mendax sitting back being nice and not particularly wanting to lynch someone on day 1 is extremely suspicious behaviour for him.
MouseChan

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 2

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Least I was right about Tim. A crumb of comfort for me.
The Praetor of Jank
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Ugh, brutal. Had a sneaky feeling that Joey was mafia at the end there but at that point it was too late to matter I think.

Very well played mafia, had me completely fooled for the majority of that game - the fact that we didn't even pick out one of your number speaks volumes!

Dentistgate was quite comical, definitely gambled and lost on that one but bloody hell did you lot all go bezerk!

Try and lynch a townie, nobody panics... Say you're a dentist...

Big thanks again to Cj, was great fun - really interesting mechanics!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:44 pm

mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:02 pm

I think I was the on;y one who took a defensive role, and then I got wiped out anyway.
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 pm

elvortel

Postby elvortel » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:52 am

Oh man guys, I just had a cool idea for a Netrunner themed game. Would anyone object if I ran the next one? Obviously would wait to start until after Worlds, as half the playerbase is there. :)
New corp deck - 49 snares.
unitled

Postby unitled » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:48 am

I'm down with that. Be bold, throw up a registration thread!

I fancy doing the one after you :D

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”