Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:52 am

MOON MONEY!
unitled
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby unitled » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:53 am

"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 am

My gut says that sixtyten is telling the truth so I'm going to vote: unvote

I realise this is making things difficult for lynching day 1 but I see no reason to lynch some one who I think is town just for the sake of it.

I'm still unconvinced by Cerberus, I'm suspicious of a few others, definitely a productive day so far I think.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 am

Probably worth highlighting that the people who push me over the line (if that happens) are probably worth investigating first for those with night roles.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:08 am

Will dance for Laurie Points
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:47 am

elvortel

Postby elvortel » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 am

Yeah, while I do sympathise with Double on day 1 being really hard to post anything of value, he's been really quiet, and it's reminding me of his strat in the WoD game of laying low, which worked bloody well to disguise his werewolf nature. I'm happy to swing my vote his way.

Vote: DoubleAitch
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:09 am

Out of the two I think I'm more suspicious of Cerb, but that has a higher risk attached given the higher vote means a potential strong asset.

So I'll go along with

vote: doubleaitch
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:31 am

DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 am

MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Guy(0): [Mendax], [Sixtyten]
Mendax(0): [Elvortel], [Guy]
Cerberus(1): [Untiled], [Chimpster], Tim, [Mendax], [SixtyTen]
Just_Rob(0): [Joey]
No Lynch(0): [Untiled], [Unitiled]
SixtyTen(3): MartinP, Guy, [Nem], [Joey], [Chimp], Untiled
Unilled(1): [Nemamiah], Cerberus
Tim(0): [Unilled]
Double (3): Just_rob, Nem, El, Joey

7 to lynch
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Ok, happier with the double lynch, not entirely persuaded but happy to move my vote that way for the time being.

Vote: DoubleAitch
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:04 pm

I've tended to note that this is Double's posting "style" in most/all of the mafia games he's played, though I can't say a lot as I was scum with him in one game! Going to join the Vote: DoubleAitch bandwagon to progress the day.
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:22 pm

So after a review of the priority list (and in an effort to contribute to save my own neck) I'm going to express some doubt over SixtyTen's claim. Like Joey pointed out, its very convenient and safe when the person below you has already made a claim that has been generally accepted by the masses and adds credence.

I'm also not sure if I would be picking that role when in mid-table priority. I certainly didn't consider it at position 8 (but my number bid does show I'm not great at that part of the game). This would place doubt on Guys claim too but he did do it early, unprompted and without other corroborating info so it seems a bolder false claim.

Unfortunately the role claims have no relation to alignment however I think SixtyTens claim is slightly suspicious so could indicate he's trying to hide something.

Vote: SixtyTen

He's also already said he doesn't mind being lynched which makes me feel less guilty, another reason I find day ones difficult. If he's telling the truth then we only lose a vanilla townie not a power role that will benefit us later.

Based on the extra votes that have rolled in whilst I've been composing this I'm not sure I'll be alive for long so I will just clarify that I am Town aligned. I do have a role, currently it does nothing so won't be a huge loss but it could prove useful later in the game if I'm alive. Unfortunately revealing this makes me even less likely to survive but it's all the info I've got at the moment.
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Suprised how many people don't have votes anywhere at the min.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:47 pm

My gut is saying the opposite to Chimpster so my vote is staying where it is for now. I want the non voters to swing it one way or the other.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Disappointed with the Chimpster and MartinP votes. Neither seem convinced by my suspicious behaviour but both voted for me anyway. Don't know if that's scum(s) tagging along or just bored townies wanting to progress.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:05 pm

I didn't have a reason to vote for him previously, but I do now: vote: doubleaitch.

Out of the two of us I feel that I have revealed more useful information (which is true, but you can choose to believe or not) and while I was bandwaggoning early to get info and the first vote over with my behaviour has been no more suspicious than his (active lurking).

It is very easy for my claim to be verified during night actions. He hasn't declared anything.
MOON MONEY!
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Vote: Unvote

That bandwagon formed way too fast for my liking. I'll take a quick look at the who's and why's before I decide if I want to be a part of it or not.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm

As a point of principal, DoubleAitch wasn't active lurking (which is when you post without any real content, designed to make sure you don't fall foul of the 'lynch the quiet ones' brigade but simultaneously avoid antagonising anyone or give anything away). He was actually just flat out lurking, which is not posting at all.

Anyway, he's posted now, made a vote and flung some mud, so the reasons for my initial vote for him aren't quite as valid any more. I'm actually more worried by the handful of people who have jumped on every meaningful vote that's started (Chimpster is the most obvious offender).

Also, why on earth is Mendax so quiet? He's normally voted for everyone at least once by this point in the game, and at the moment he's said very little and doesn't even have a vote cast. Let's Vote: Mendax.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:44 pm

2 comments from me,

1. my diagnosis of active lurking might have been incorrect terminology and was based on a comment in a previous post. I may have taken the accusation on face value.

2. I hate day 1. Without good reasons to vote for people I will tend to support a movement that gets it over and done with. Hence joining up against a likely suspicious candidate. Present a good candidate and I'll probably vote for them.
MOON MONEY!
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:50 pm

I admit to be one for jumping on every meaningful vote. But that is only because know nothing so why not? Have to kill someone. And also it draws out a load more votes and discussion which may be really useful in the days to come.. I change my vote as flippantly as I make it. I'm not prejudice against anyone in particular :)
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:54 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:10 pm

MOON MONEY!
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:14 pm

So I'm going to change to vote:mendax. I'm going to be honest and say this is just a gut thing, but i agree he's been unusual relative to games in which he's town like the last one. Its not much to go on, but I don't really see any particularly suspicious behaviour.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”