Site Admin

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 3

Postby Chimpster » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:33 pm

MartinP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MartinP » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:34 pm

elvortel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby elvortel » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 pm

It's a tricky one, but I think Martin's gonna have to reveal here. Not sure I'm gonna go along with Joey just yet.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:46 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 am

So there are two possibilities to consider here as far as I can see.

1) Joey is mafia and the mafia players have assumed (or found out) that Martin is the toughguy. They need us to lynch him so they can go on to win comfortably when our time runs out.

2) Joey is telling the truth and Martin is mafia (possibly still a toughguy).

Both players have suspect voting records and voted for the same players generally. Joey states that he made an attempt at getting us to lynch Martin during day 2 and to be honest, I don't see a huge amount of evidence for that. There was one post with a vote for Martin very late in the day and little attempt to persuade anyone to go down that path. I certainly get that he appeared squeaky clean and to be fair, he did stick with the Martin vote rather than hammer Double (which is what Martin did). I do think Joey probably could have done more to try and steer us that way earlier in the day, could have made a big difference. Joey also has stated he knows that I'm town due to investigation and I know this is true, however, he would know that if he were mafia.

It's a really tough one, I think I'm going to stick with voting for Martin but if anyone has anything relevant to add, now would be the time!
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:13 am

Chimp(1): [Sixtyten], Just_rob
MartinP(3): Joey, SixtyTen, Chimp
Joey(1): MartinP

5 to lynch
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:42 am

Chimpster's two theories are interesting. And I propose a third option:

Vote: Tim the Enchanter

Why do we need to choose on the Martin/Joey front? Right now its a 50/50 and if we get it right we don't know any more. But if we kill Tim, and he flips mafia which I am convinced he will, then if the mafia decide to kill Joey in the night then we know that the Martin P thing is accurate. If, however, they leave Joey alive he can feed us more information. Granted that may or may not be bullshit but if we've flipped a Tim we can see where else his work has been going.

My instinct is that we have three mafia; Tim, MartinP and Justrob. This leave me, Elvortel, Joey, Chimpster & Nemeniah on the town side. I could very easily be wrong on that but that's where i am at.

I think Chimpster was just very wrong about Aitch. I think Joey is currently telling the truth.

It is late but that's where i am leaving it. If people are willing to wait about 18 hours i can try and go into more detail and the art of persuasion but I must confess this game is going quite quickly for me since this time I don't have all the information!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 am

Vote: Unvote

A really interesting idea, I want to make sure the vote can't be hammered before we all have a chance to consider it.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 am

I dunno, I think it's an odd strategy to ignore information that you believe to be true to lynch someone else on a hunch when they can't defend themselves. Having slept on it, I'm happy to take a punt on Martin, as we really need a scum kill today and it's the best shot we have.

Vote: MartinP
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:54 am

I actually agree with Guy that If I were going to pick three names, those would be the three.

I'm inclined to believe Joey. Based on what else we've learnt it makes sense that he's the Cop, and if he's mafia I don't see any real reason for him to try to go after MartinP. A one for one exchange (we'd lose a villager, but identify a sure fire mafia) isn't a great deal for the mafia if he's bluffing.

In addition, it would be useful to test the water on whether Joey is good or not. Without going in to detail, if he's telling the truth and is town then I may be able to protect him.

Will dance for Laurie Points
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:00 am

It's important to clock the fact that it could be a very logical mafia play.

Joey is the cop and Martin is probably the toughguy, that much is clear. Joey probably has investigated Martin regardless of alignment to establish his role. The mafia players would know that they would almost certainly have to sacrifice a player in order to get Martin lynched by the town but at this stage it would be more than worth it.

If we get this wrong, we are probably stuffed.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:07 am

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:09 am

Nah, I don't buy that. If we assume that Joey is mafia and Martin is town, the mafia are really unlikely to know MartinP's role. The only way that they could know would be if they'd use the Necromage to copy Cerebrus's role cop power to target Martin, but I honestly believe that that's so unlikely to not be worth worrying about.

Actually, there is a second way it could have happened. That would be if we have an Arsonist, and they are the one that killed Unilled, while the mafia tried to kill MartinP last night and failed. Again, feels pretty unlikely.

Anyway, even if this scenario were accurate, I don't believe that the mafia play would be to try and get us to lynch Martin, at the cost of exposing one of themselves. Why wouldn't they leave Martin and go after another player instead?
Will dance for Laurie Points
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 am

Ok, was just flagging up the possibility. Completely agreed with the suspicion list, if we have a mad scientist they should totally try and 'protect' Tim or just rob to try and get them killed tonight, would really swing it back in our favour.

Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 am

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:14 am

Well that's the lock, guess that's me over with....

Remember, I promised I wouldn't flip mafia, and I'll keep true to my word, though I think you're still going to be happy with your lynch.

I only wanted to play with matches...
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:15 am

MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:20 am

Chimp(1): [Sixtyten], Just_rob
MartinP(3): Joey, SixtyTen, [Chimp], Elvortel, Nem, Chimp
Joey(1): MartinP
Tim(1): Guy

After a rousing accusation that MartinP is against you all, you quickly bring him to trail.

"I'm innocent" he pleads which seems to buy time and sow confusion amonst everyone until suddenly Guy explodes in a fireball and Martin is unable to hold his grin.

"You have been tried....and found wanting" the voice echo's as a lightning bolt extinguishes him.

MartinP was Lynched - Arsonist - 3rd Party
Guy was killed - Vanillia - Town

It is now night 3

Pm night actions. Day 4 will start at 9am tomorrow or when all night actions are in.

MouseChan

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Night 4

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:31 pm

A scream and gunshots wake every, one up in the night, the scream is attributed to Nem, you hear a wet hiss as he falls to the floor.

Walking firing shots at random is Joey, Elvortel and Tim.

The skies part of the voice howls in anger

"You have failed to purge the evil from this land, you deserve your fate..."

Neminiah was killed - Vanillia - Town

Mafia win

Sixtyten survived but lost - Vanillia - Town
Just_rob survived but lost - Vanilia - town
Chimpster survived but lost - Dentist - town

Joey won - Cop - Mafia
Elvortel won - Vanilia - Mafia
Tim won - Tracker/watcher - mafia
Last edited by MouseChan on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Log file:

Numbers:

Joey - 1
Cerb -2
Martin - 9
Chimp - 10
Untiled - 11
SixtyTen - 17
Guy - 19
Double - 7
Mendax - 7
El - 6
Nem - 6
Tim - 6
Just_Rob - Ran out of time

Role bids:

M Joey - 1 - Cop
Cerb - 2 - Role Cop
Martin - 9 - Arsonist (Replaces factional role)
Chimp - 10 - Dentist
Untiled - 11 - Doppelganger (Clones Joey. Doppel-cop)
SixtyTen - 17 - Doppelganger -> Vanilla
Guy - 19 - Doppelganger -> Vanilla
Double - 7 - Deputy (Will trigger on either joey or untiled dying)
Mendax - 7 - Out of towner
M El - 6 - Deputy -> vanilla
Nem - 6 - Cop -> Vanilla
M Tim - 6 - Tracker
Just_Rob - Deputy -> Vanilla

Log:
D1 - Mendax Lynched

n1 -

Joey checks MartinP (Result -> not town)
Untiled checks Cerb (Result -> Town)
Chimp dentists Double
Martin primes double
Mafia Kill Cerb

-
d2 - Double Explodes
- Double Lynched

n2

Joey checks Chimp (result town)
Chimp dentists Tim
Untiled checks joey (result -> Not town)
Martin Primes Guy
Tim tracks Martin (Result -> Martin visits guy, martin visited by tim)
Mafia kill Untiled (doppel-cop)

d3

MartinP Lynched
Guy killed

N3

Joey checks SixtyTen
Chimp dentists just_rob
Mafia Kill Nem

Mafia win

MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Final thoughts:

These games can create sweeping wins for one side or the other based off teams power level, while this was a sweeping win I feel the mafia more played the game than their roles to achieve this. Them finding out martin was not town early on really helped then secure the "only 1 anti town faction" part of their win condition.

As for role picks, little surprised so many people went for doppel and deputy and no-one went for tough guy, bartender or mad scientist. If I was to do this again I think the role blocker would be a jailer.

King and masons were traps, kings power is always a determent to town and masons lose the thing that makes them broken in the confirmed town to each other, so glad no one went for them.

Hope you guys enjoyed this unique set up of the game, and would love to hear your thoughts on it.

unitled

Postby unitled » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Aaah, dammit, I just twigged Joey was mafia before I got murdered in the night! I think once the mafia figured out who the Doppelganger was (me) they figured out what role I was (cop, after Joey), and silenced me in the night. I was waiting for someone to start pressing the angle of why I was killed despite not having strong suspicions against anyone!

Well played Mafia, was good to get MartinP early as it gave Joey some ammunition during that last day. Very hard to pinpoint who the mafia were!
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:36 pm

And that, gentlemen, is how you play goddamn Mafia.

MartinP

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

Postby MartinP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Fething Joey, called it! :lol: Though that was mostly a vain attempt to try and last one more day so I could set Chimpster alight next...

Really enjoyed the game and being able to pick playing the wild card made it interesting (I wasn't hoping to be that high a choice however...), I just wanted a night time power and assumed everyone and their mother would take the investigation roles!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”