Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

Joey

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:38 pm

yeah thats 5 for cerb already! We may want to slow down a bit. Atleast let him speak.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Surprised that gained so much traction so quickly and I think it's good for people to hold fire on pushing it over the line. Giving Cerberus until tomorrow to respond seems more than fair and I'd be very skeptical of anyone who hammered the vote until then.

If he hasn't responded by tomorrow then I think it's fair to make him the day 1 target. If he does respond and it's unconvincing, my vote will most certainly stay there.

Interesting either way, it's gained momentum more quickly than I expected. Whether that's down to players being more confident in the early game or mafia helping it along is the question we need to ask.
just_rob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby just_rob » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Hmmm. I can see why voting for someone who isn't responding offers less risk than someone who is. But the fact that people have quickly allowed this to jump up to near death levels is concerning. On that basis I would think we should hold back for now.

Revealing roles now is not helpful. But pressuring those that have roles into providing as much information is still the best way I feel. After night one we will have more chance to do that.
unitled
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Haha, yes, I'm worried as I'm the one that has started this... if he turns out good I'm going to look like a right idiot :P If he gets another vote up to 6 I'll drop mine so he's not lynched prematurely...
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Well, I go away for a day and I come back to a lot of votes. Crazy.

I don't really want to tell people what I am, it's town aligned, it's a role that gives information out. I can't give you anything until after the night, but it will be information I can give out. If you don't lynch me now (and I don't get blocked) I can give information during the day, if I don't then you know I'm not legit.

Any questions?
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Let the games truely begin it seems!!!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:23 pm

The problem is that having a role that can provide information has no bearing whatsoever on alignment. However, it's likely that you do have a role which can provide information so I'm inclined to wait until tomorrow to see what the night brings. How useful the information is might determine how I vote tomorrow though.

vote: unvote

Is not lynching day 1 a viable tactic in this variant, it seems very high risk across the board...
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Vote: unvote

I do think that lynching day 1 is still sensible, though.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:02 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:08 pm

The problem is that i dont think anyone has not posted at this point, so we cant point to anyone as not contributing (unless i missed someones no post?)
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm going to vote: rob to get more discussion going while we put the Cerb thing on hold. No reason whatsoever except last on the list so unlikely to be a super powerful role.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:29 pm

vote: unvote.

Happy to hold back on lynching an active poster, but feel that people towards the top of the list are potentially better targets. Day 1 is a totalcrapshoot. Be keen to have an idea on people's thoughts of how many mafia members there might be. 3 or 4 would be about right?
MOON MONEY!
Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:35 pm

I think 4 is too many isn't it?... though it's unlikely we have a serial killer, I mean who drafts that when it's so hard to win?.

Happy to aim higher on list if people think that makes more sense. Just worried about hitting some of our strongest assets maybe.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:59 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:05 pm

MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Guy(0): [Mendax], [Sixtyten]
Mendax(1): [Elvortel], Guy
Cerberus(1): [Untiled], [Chimpster], Tim, [Mendax], [SixtyTen]
Just_Rob(1): Joey

7 to lynch

Remember if you don't want to lynch vote "no lynch" not "no vote"
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Just so im being super clear I am not suggesting a lynch of someone higher up the priority chain - I am only suggesting that they be the player we pressure for information - either on their role (not helpful or trustworthy at this stage) but mainly after the first night to try and get as much information as possible. Those highest up the chain are likely to have powerful information to share and if they are left to keep it without any questions, a powerful Mafioso can spell big trouble.
unitled

Postby unitled » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Vote: No lynch
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:26 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:10 pm

If we're not lost a cop later on I'd say there may be merit in a roll call. It at least will give us some potential dividing lines.

I only want to add that addendum because I think, in 4 nights time, it might necessary to point this out and I don't want it to be a "Well Chimpster was innocent and he thought it was a terrible idea" because a lot of what you said made sense.

And if i was mafia I'd kill you, in fact I think I have before.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:03 am

I guess that's fair enough, so hard to correborate any information we do receive from power roles, though that may get easier as the game goes on.

I'm still not sure about letting Cerberus off the hook as easily as we have, the fear of hitting a town aligned power role is pretty debilitating though. That lynch sure did bandwagon quickly too, possibly too quickly...
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:18 am

I would note that Sixtyten joined a bandwagon to lynch me started by Mendax, and that BOTH of them joined the Cerberus bandwagon.

My vote is still currently on Mendax - I'd switch to Sixtyten though if he was considered a better candidate.

If town decides on a turn 1 lynch then I'd say those two have exhibited behaviour that is at least problematic.
The Praetor of Jank
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:05 am

I've been considering throwing out a Vote: Sixtyten following his less than logical lynch selection suggestion, but if someone else is also suspicious on his voting pattern this early on, I'm happy to make him a candidate for the lynch.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:26 am

Oh I'm all about the day 1 bandwagon lynching. No need to look any further than that. Day 1 is a crapshoot as we always say. People either pick on the quiet ones, the loud ones, the ones they want revenge on irl, whatevs...

I think that the sooner someone gets voted for the better, (unless they are properly afk - but then in that case they are contributing little anyhow).

Guy and cerberus gave us info by being nominated. Of course we have no idea if it's fully useful at the moment, but it's something to work with. This can then be used to catch people out with night roles.

I've got some info to reveal if needed, but I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Keeping my eye on MartinP now.
MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:29 am

MOON MONEY!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”